My kitten is limping and doesn't put his paw down!

KatyMiu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I'm a new cat mom, I brought my 3 months old Miu home 2 weeks ago. Since this morning, he's limping and doesn't put his right paw on the floor, I don't know what happened last night if he feel down or something. His paw doesn't look swollen, I massaged it carefully but he doesn't meow or shows any discomfort. May that be a muscle strain or something? Is it possible that it may get better over time like a human muscle strain? Should I wait or take him to the vet immediately?
During the COVID situation, vets around me are closed and I have to take him to a vet 40 minutes drive and I don't want to make him more uncomfortable.
He's more clingy since this morning, not like crying, but follows me around and right now sleeps on my laps. He eats and drinks and uses his litter box as normal.
Appreciate your help and any advice. :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you able to examine it closely, maybe something is stuck in the paw making it painful to put weight on it. If it is muscular, like humans, rest is the best.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats, even more so kittens have a way of healing their limbs, and fast! Unless there is something like glass in his paw pad, or an obviously swollen and warmer spot, paw or joint then give it a day or 2, he will wake up one morning and be all better.
You will know if something is in his paw since he will obsessively clean it.
Kittens are so full of energy, no telling why but likely just twisted it or strained the muscle which he should recover from and be bouncing off the walls again. :cheerleader: