My Kitten Is A Cat

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This girl did not have the most auspicious start to life.

I don't know a lot of Lelia's history. I know she was more than likely born feral. I know the town she was trapped in because I was fortunate enough to talk to her trapper at an event once. I know she was spayed on July 6th, with a weight of 2.88lbs and it was probably there they determined her to be 13 weeks old and gave her the April 6th birthday. I can only imagine how terrifying that was for her, not knowing what would come out of it.

I don't know what she looked like when she was super little. The earliest pictures I have of her were stolen off her petfinder site, and are likely from early August when she went up for adoption. Here's a couple.

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

I know she went to a couple adoption events in August, and hid in the back of her cage. She was really shy and skittish. I found her online and knew I'd have the right home for her and brought her home August 26th.

20170826_160303.jpg

As I've said elsewhere, the first night was tough. But three days in I was laying on my bed and saw this.
View media item 421003
I think I knew it would be okay then.

On September 7th, she headbutted me in the bathroom to let me know she wanted me to pet her and we've gone from there.

I always thought I'd love having a cat, but I didn't realize just how much I would love it until Lelia came into my life. I really couldn't have asked for a better first cat. Sure, I wish she was more affectionate and more of a lap kitty, but would I trade her not being picky with food, being great with the litterbox and not scratching inappropriately for that? No way. She's great just the way she is. I think she knows she's lucky. I know I tell her she is.

Dork admission: I like to sing her this song.

I love my big girl so much. Now off to the birthday thread.

20180406_114315.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!