My kitten is 19 weeks and 7 lbs

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Average is about 1lb per month. So I'd say he's pretty close to being on track.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s really hard to get a good idea of a kittens size or adult weight until they are at least a year old. Like kids growing up they go thru stages where they put on pounds but not height or grow so fast they are skinny. Adult size differences aren’t as huge as dogs but some cats can be more muscular and bigger boned than others and can carry a few more pounds without being overweight.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out how big my parking lot cat is going to get. Is a 7lb 19 week old kitten normal for a domestic short hair? Or is he more likley a larger breed of cat?
What a cutie, love his spots😻 it is hard to say at this point. My Quinn who is a pb siamese was so tiny when I brought him home and he was smaller at that age but he ended up at about 12 lbs even though he looks smaller he is very muscular. It depends on their genes and what you feed them as well. Large breed cats can take longer to reach full size.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, too early to decide on his future weigh. My Vagis was a big kitten, but become a smallish adult...

Yours beautiful boy is a domestic, and may be described as a spotted brown tabby. Some will say, broken mackerel, but I think he could be described as spotted... These spots are enough many and clear for this.