My kitten has really loose stools after she eats.

scellis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten has really loose stools after she eats.Is there a brand of kitten food I can give her that doesn't give her the runs. I took her to the vet and he tested her for worms, etc and found nothing. She is a bobtail and weighs about 2 pounds. Or is there something I can give her orally that would help this?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So your Vet tested her for all the other parasites too? Did they discuss with you possible food allergies or sensitive tummy? There is no specific food that can guarantee firm stools in kitten, but it might help to know exactly what you are feeding now as a starting point, and age of your kitten. Just a little more background would be helpful.

Albus

Tobermory Ragnarok
Young Cat
Purraise
There are commercially available stool firmers that contain fiber and/or pectin, though it would depend on what the vet determines the cause to be. It could be that the loose stools are a sign of something wrong, especially in kittens. You'll have to treat the cause, not the symptoms.

Bacteria, viruses, an upset tummy, or in my cat's case, food allergies, can cause loose stools. Even a change in the brand of cat food can trigger diarrhea. Did the vet check for anything else?