My kitten got spayed and I think the area is infected

Pawschim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, don’t know what to do. All vets are closed in my area and my kitten has been vomiting. She recently got spayed 4 days ago and I don’t want to put anything in the area but I think my kitten is in pain and I just don’t know what to do or if there’s anything I could do in the meanwhile. Is there something I should put on a cream, liquid???

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, don’t know what to do. All vets are closed in my area and my kitten has been vomiting. She recently got spayed 4 days ago and I don’t want to put anything in the area but I think my kitten is in pain and I just don’t know what to do or if there’s anything I could do in the meanwhile. Is there something I should put on a cream, liquid???
Hello Pawschim Pawschim and sweet kitten, and welcome to TCS! Though it is hard to tell visually, if she is vomiting and seems to be in pain, I would strongly, strongly suggest a call to the vet immediately. Is the area red? Is there swelling and/or oozing from the site? I really can't tell from the photo whether there is a problem but with vomiting and pain, she should go back in right away, I think.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You need to see a vet as soon as possible, if that is pus coming out it isn't good and vomiting could indicate internal infection. For right now, clean the area and hold a warm compress on it. That will hopefully help it drain and keep it from getting worse on the surface. I wouldn't apply any creams or ointments, some are not safe for cats and even in humans keeping it clean is usually the safest route.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise