My Kitten Doesn't Like Me Anymore ...

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have a kitten 13 weeks old, he was so friendly with me and enjoys me petting him.
Last week he bit me and I hit him involuntarily -reflex-,
after that in like 2 days when I woke up I stepped on him and he run away. I didn't see him I was sleepy, but he will never understand that either.
(That happened while I was introducing new kitten to him, If that would mean anything)

Now he would never let me pet him and sometimes he runs when he sees me approaching, that's really frustrating, like an end of a relationship.

How can I fix this? will he be like before?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, there is no such thing as involuntary hitting, that was a choice you made. Between that and stepping on him he is understandably fearful of you. You need to give him some time and let him come to you when he loses his fear. That may take a few weeks. In the meantime speak softly to him, offer him treats and try to engage him in play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First of all, there is no such thing as involuntary hitting, that was a choice you made. Between that and stepping on him he is understandably fearful of you. You need to give him some time and let him come to you when he loses his fear. That may take a few weeks. In the meantime speak softly to him, offer him treats and try to engage him in play.
there's "involuntary hitting" it's natural as a self-defense it's in all the creatures on earth when the body defend itself without waiting for the mind permission.
Yeah I will give him some time, he plays most of the time and he's normal in everything but his behavior toward me.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of "ignore" the cat for a while.
When he comes into the room, say hello to him and, if he is in the mood, maybe give him a pat on the head.
Beyond that, mind your own business and let him mind his own business.

Let him come to you.

For cats, "ignoring" somebody is actually a good thing.
If you walk into a room and the cat watches you constantly, that means he's watching out for you.
If you walk into a room and the cat looks at your then "ignores" you that means he's comfortable enough being around you that he doesn't have to watch out for you.

Just stay the course. He ought to come around again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sort of "ignore" the cat for a while.
When he comes into the room, say hello to him and, if he is in the mood, maybe a pat on the head.
Beyond that, mind your own business and let him mind his own business.

Let him come to you.

For cats, "ignoring" somebody is actually a good thing.
If you walk into a room and the cat watches you constantly, that means he's watching out for you.
If you walk into a room and the cat looks at your then "ignores" you that means he's comfortable enough being around you that he doesn't have to watch out for you.

Just stay the course. He ought to come around again.
thank u very much Casper.
yeah he really watches out for me when I walk into the room.
So yeah I will ignore him for a while and see what's gonna happen.
thanks again