My kitten confuses my vet!

PigeonPigeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! We got this little guy from a farm. He's a big and healthy 4 months old kitten, and my vet has no clue what he is. She says he's too pretty to be this, but not cute enough to be that.. To us, he looks like a regular cute little boy. We know 2 breeds, hair and no-hair cats, haha. We were curious if anyone had some thoughts on what our baby could be!

Thank you all so very much :)

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is such a cute guy! He looks very happy too :)

I would describe your kitten as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. The classic tabby pattern has bold swirling markings, including a "bullseye" on the side. Spots on the belly are a normal part of the pattern. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make your guy any less special... he's gorgeous!

Vets do not receive any special training in cat breed identification. Most vets rarely see any cats that belong to a specific breed.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He is really something, I don't think I have ever seen a tabby with his markings before. Seeing a lot of exposed tummy poses, that means he is very comfortable with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PigeonPigeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is such a cute guy! He looks very happy too :)

I would describe your kitten as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. The classic tabby pattern has bold swirling markings, including a "bullseye" on the side. Spots on the belly are a normal part of the pattern. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make your guy any less special... he's gorgeous!

Vets do not receive any special training in cat breed identification. Most vets rarely see any cats that belong to a specific breed.
Thank you so much for your help! We think he's the most special and beautiful guy! He saved us more than we saved him. Thanks a lot, this is so helpful, we were absolutely clueless. Have a very nice day :)