My kitten always bites and scratchs

Rouja

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi , so I have a two month old female siamese i've had her since she was one month old she's very cute but she's not friendly at all , she doesn't want to be touched , like never , petted or held and I understand that she needs her personal space so I let her be but sometimes she gets herself in trouble : she climbs something and I need to hold her to get her down but her only reaction is biting. She always bites us all : hands , feet and even face sometimes i'd be minding my business and she attacks my hand and it's not a playful bite she hurts me pretty much and she deepens the bite not to mention the scratchs.
My question is how can I teach her to be more gentle , more friendly maybe likes being petted sometimes but mostly to not bite and scratch because it hurts alot , i need to mention that she has her toys and I try to redirect her energy to toys and play with her but it's useless she still bites..
Thank you

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
She was separated from her mother extremely young — 2 months too early. She would learn boundaries and how to play from her mother and siblings, and she wasn’t given the opportunity, so it’s up to you to teach her these boundaries. She’s most definitely playing, learning to hunt — she just doesn’t know what bite inhibition and gentle play are.
You’ll also benefit from never using your hands as toys, and always redirecting to a kicker type toy or stuffed animal. She might be at an age where she’s starting to grow in her adult teeth and would benefit from chew toys, as well.

Here are a couple previous threads from TCS members that may be helpful

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To reinforce Maurey's thoughts. Your task is to train the kitten that :

Hands are for loving
Toys are for playing

A a much younger male, I was amazed at how fast a cat or kitten would strike at my hands when I played with them.
Basically, I idiotically trained them to strike at my hands.
Don't let anyone, male or not, young or not, play with your kitten or cat like that with hands.

Keep in mind that the profile of a hand has 5 mice sized images that move somewhat similar to mice. In effect, they can trigger a prey response. If you sense your kitten/cat might strike your hand, fold the fingers into your fist, removing that prey like stimulus.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
How To Deal With Cat “love Bites”? – TheCatSite Articles

How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

These articles might add a little bit. I rescued my Jamie when he was 4 weeks old and very ill. My guess is that his mom abandoned him at about 3 1/2 weeks. He was an outrageous biter, ripper, shredder, hitter. Not his fault; as Maurey Maurey says your cat was separated way too young and has no idea how to play or what the rules are.

bear bear is right that there are no hand games; Jamie was so bad that we actually had to buy rose pruning gloves and train him first that all human skin was off bounds but the gloves were okay. Not an ideal way to go but coworkers were asking me what happened to my arms.

All games end if she bites. Not meanly, but you just walk away. No more fun for now. Jamie did learn and yours will too. Once in a while he will put his teeth on my hand and look at me with a sly look as if he knows the answer to that question already.