My Husband Calls Me Crazy :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night is the first night after many nights since we took in Oreo that I had a good sleep. Well, he actually bothered me once - but he slept right after I yelled at him. :lol:

And Graham also did not attempt to break the new TV we replaced after she broke the first one.

I should be thankful, right?

BUT - since everything was relatively quiet last night, I was worried that something may be wrong with my cats, particularly with the two much younger ones. I was telling my husband repeatedly that Graham or Oreo could be sick or feeling under the weather, and should be brought to the vet.

My husband shook his head in utter confusion and amusement.
He said he cannot understand women, and called me crazy. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I shouldn't laugh but your husband sounds exactly like mine.;) And it's so good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy the peace when I get it because maybe the cat is under the weather? Or maybe like my hubby says he's tortured you for a week even he needs a break :lol:
We cat Mommies are the people in this earth who get too scared when there is peace and calm in the household. :lol: :lol:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night is the first night after many nights since we took in Oreo that I had a good sleep. Well, he actually bothered me once - but he slept right after I yelled at him. :lol:

And Graham also did not attempt to break the new TV we replaced after she broke the first one.

I should be thankful, right?

BUT - since everything was relatively quiet last night, I was worried that something may be wrong with my cats, particularly with the two much younger ones. I was telling my husband repeatedly that Graham or Oreo could be sick or feeling under the weather, and should be brought to the vet.

My husband shook his head in utter confusion and amusement.
Just consider the "crazy" as an endearment!

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wife and I each have our strengths in dealing with cats. I can solve behavioral and training issues. She can detect they are physically unwell 24 hours before any obvious signs show. I have long since learned that if Deb wants to take a cat to the vet, its best just to do it rather than wait... better for the cat and usually cheaper that way too.

The cats have figured this out too. If they have a problem or something they need, they will usually come to me to explain it. If they don't feel well or are upset, they go to Deb.

Makena after a trip to the vet, he was ill and needed some antibiotics and fluids

The only time Deb was ever wrong was when our Kitten June Bug was about a year old and learning she could get attention with a meow. Deb was convinced there was something wrong with June Bug because she had such quiet little meows. I pointed out that the other two cats are Bengals, and they are extremely LOUD. June bug was just a regular cat with a regular meower, not a Bengal bullhorn. Deb was not completely convinced until we visited a neighbor with a regular cat and Deb heard it meow.

June Bug

Our three cats are usually up to something... if they are not in sight and things are quiet.... it is best to investigate. They might be stalking a mouse in the basement. Or we may have left some food on the counter and one or more is trying to gobble it quick before being caught. ALWAYS pays to go check!

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Our three cats are usually up to something... if they are not in sight and things are quiet.... it is best to investigate. They might be stalking a mouse in the basement. Or we may have left some food on the counter and one or more is trying to gobble it quick before being caught. ALWAYS pays to go check!
True 101%! :lol:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time Deb was ever wrong was when our Kitten June Bug was about a year old and learning she could get attention with a meow. Deb was convinced there was something wrong with June Bug because she had such quiet little meows. I pointed out that the other two cats are Bengals, and they are extremely LOUD. June bug was just a regular cat with a regular meower, not a Bengal bullhorn. Deb was not completely convinced until we visited a neighbor with a regular cat and Deb heard it meow.
I have got so used to Bengals that sometimes when I visit friend who has Abby,s I think ..where are all the kittens when there is only adult cats around..Bengals are loud.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
SO not crazy!! When my cats are cutting up, it drives me bonkers. But then the SECOND they get too quiet, I freak out and start to worry something is wrong.

TBH I think the cats do it on purpose.

CatsSoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's no such thing as worrying too much for your furry children! It always makes me worry when Ronnie behaves not as usual. My husband also is not that excited with me worrying but that's totally normal :redtabby: