My house is gone to the dogs!

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a born dog person, I figured I'd always be that way...but over the years some of you have watched me develop into a full-blown cat person. From the loss of my dear Sassy, who taught me to love cats, to Matt, Midnight and Little Helen, cats have become part of who I am....

Enter the dogs

My dad's gone to Florida, and I offered to take the dogs for a couple of days during the week-there are three of us pitching in to make sure that they're never left alone for long. I've brought them to my house, which I figured was not a big deal, since the dogs visit all the time. 

The cats are being pretty good about it, Matt of course loves the dogs, and is enjoying their company.....Midnight went straight into hiding as per usual, and Little Helen, being bolder, blew up like a porcupine and exploded in hisses and claws right before Chloe's eyes..............She's decided that the littler cats are something to be careful of

Over the course of the day they got bolder, and by bedtime, they were playing Chicken, sneaking up on a sleeping Toby, trying to decide friend/foe...they both chickened out about 3feet from him, and ran under the weight bench to re-assure each other
  Matt say on top of the fridge watching and looking confused. He wasn't sure what all the fuss was about-after all, he's great friends with the dogs!

A storm rolled in and we decided to try an overnighter, but since it's their house, we didn't want to lock the cats up for the safety of the dogs......so instead we opened our bedroom for the night, and let the dogs come and go as they please...BIG MISTAKE! They slept on hubby's legs, and he doesn't like dogs......but at least they didn't get into any trouble with the cats

This morning they jumped on us at oh my goodness, that's way too early! and I remembered why for all the fun I have cats and not dogs. Got up, took them out, and put out breakfast...Toby wasn't fast enough and his was eaten first by Chloe, then finished of by my Matt...poor Toby. So I opened an extra can of cat food, and shared it out between the cats and the hungry dog...seems he likes caned cat food in a pinch lol

Hopefully today goes as well as yesterday did

Oh, and I was happy to see that Midnight sat 2feet away from Chloe while she was stealing Toby's food(which was why I didn't move to intervene) and watched her until she turned and looked at him before running to hide under the table
 I'm so proud of my little scaredy cat