My hours are changing at work next week.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently am scheduled 10-4 Monday thru Friday.  Starting next week I will be going to 6 am to noon still Monday thru Friday.

I am a morning person so hopefully I will be used to the change.  Plus I will have less to do!!

We are trying a change in the production of our products causing this schedule change.  I will like this going into the spring and summer so I can get more gardening done!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you'll get used to it. I'm both a morning/ evening person, but l prefer going to work early so then l get the rest of the afternoon to myself.

I work 9-2 which is perfect, but we have a friend that works 4.p.m -8.p.m. So when were settling down for the night she's leaving the house  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get that too Susan.  Even though I love to be up all night; I prefer to be home and up!  I used to hate getting off work at 10pm.  Especially if I had a morning shift the next day!  It didn't really feel like I had "down time" in between.  And of course when I did this I was in college so often my "down time" was class or study time! 

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't found a favourite shift yet.  I used to work nights years ago. And I loved it! I did 8 hour nights, which were ok, but I didn't like having to leave for work when everyone was going to bed.  Then I tried 12 hour nights alternating stretches with 12 hour days. I loved that. I never worked more than 3 shifts in a row but the days I did work all I did was work and sleep, and on my days off I was so bagged that all I wanted to do was sleep.

I tried all evenings, but that really cramped my social life, and then I did a mix of days and evenings.  I liked that I could sleep in some days when I worked evenings.  And I loved the days. I finished at 3:30pm and had the rest of the day to do stuff.  What I didn't like about that was often we were so short staffed that I ended up working a double shift. The money was great, but 16 hours running around a hospital ward and having to get up at 6am the next morning was tough.

Now I work days, Monday to Friday. I like that, but I miss having the occasional day off during the week to do doctor appointments, banking and general business stuff.

I so need to retire!  LOL

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I would definitely prefer your new hours! Think about how great it will be having your afternoons free. :).

Good luck!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently, my shift is 9am-5:30pm with one 12:30pm-9pm shift thrown in every other Weds (which really screws me up!). I honestly don't know if I could function any earlier that that 
 ! I have a hard time falling asleep before midnight. For some reason I can be dead tired at work and dying for a nap, but as soon as I get home I get a second wind and am wide awake for hours. Granted, I don't usually do anything productive with the extra energy, but it's there.  I've always been a night owl though. 8 years ago when I didn't have a job I was up until 3 or 4 in the morning and slept until 10 or 11. That seems to be my bodies natural cycle.

Good luck with the new hours, if you're a morning person you should get used to it pretty quick. Hope you like it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess I shouldn't have done some landscaping yesterday after the new hours.  I could only do 2 1/2 hours and was tired and went to bed at 9 pm.  But Neil started snoring at midnite and woke me up so I had to go into the other bedroom and shut the door.  I also am waking up about 20 minuted before alarm going off!  So I was tired this morning so after grocery shopping and a couple of errands I took and hour nap.  I'm sure I will have to get used to this change in routine and it will be okay.  And I'm actually less busy at work so I won't have to get stressed out over getting some tasks done by time I leave so that's a good thing.  The cats are a bit confused though by me being home so early!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will take a little time to get your inner clock back on schedule I guess. I'm sure the kitties are confused! There are some nights I get up to use the bathroom and suddenly I'm wide awake at 3:00, and go to the kitchen to get a snack. They all just sit there...and stare...then slowly come around looking at me as if they were thinking "are you ok? What's going on???". After eating and giving treats they are happy and secure and go back to their resting places and go to sleep. Now, if I would get up and STAY up at such an hour I'm sure they would figure out how to call 911 and get me committed.