My Hiatus from TCS

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone, MagiksGirl here,

It's been a couple of weeks of computer problems. As of right now, I'm typing this on my work computer at the risk of getting caught.

The tech says my computer is completely dead and I don't have hundreds of dollars to buy a new one anytime soon. With my RSI it's just not as easy to enter by phone 
 thus, with deep regret and sadness, I'm announcing a hiatus by me from TCS. 

I'm sure many people drift in and out of the site without announcement, but I've met so many wonderful people here that I wouldn't want to just leave without saying anything.

I want to thank everyone who has been super nice to me and my kitties, full of advice and warm words.
 To the people who I had the most contact the last couple of weeks:

Thank you @Columbine  for the expertise not only shown, but shared as well.

Thank you @MServant  for the never ending entertaining and lovable pictures and stories of Mouse. 

Thank you @Anne  and the Admins for running the site so well. Making it a warm and welcoming environment in the midst of so many cold automated sites. 

I'll try to check in every once in a while to continue to welcome new members and I was when I first came it

Big hugs to everyone I missed in my shout out (almost everyone!) and talk to you guys as soon as possible

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!   You are going to be missed @MagiksGirl  .   I hope you manage to find a way of getting back on line with us soon.  
    We need to hear about Grin, Grinnie and Wanda, and of course the amazing blue boy Conan.   Mouse stories may be fun (thank you for your kind comment) but only when mixed with everyone elses tales of tails.  

Totally support you being good and not posting at work, no one wants you to get in to bother there as then you would have even more trouble sourcing another computer to come and rejoin us here.  Keep in touch with us when you can though, and take care of all those furkids of yours.  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just popping in to point out that tablets are cheaper than computers and still work great for general internet purposes ;).

I hope you don't have to stay away too long!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's too bad. I hope you'll be back soon, we'll miss hearing stories about all your kitties.

Good luck finding a new computer.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for this lovely lovely message! 

Take care and don't get into trouble at work - good luck with finding a new computer very soon! 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
 @MagiksGirl   Thank you and we'll miss you too!

I really hope you're back on the interweb very soon!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just popping in to point out that tablets are cheaper than computers and still work great for general internet purposes

That is true and there will be  sales going on very soon for the holidays. Even now, Amazon has one of their Fire tablets for $49.99 

There are more expensive ones but the newest one is on sale right now for $199.99. These prices may drop even more as Black Friday approaches. Most stores have their BF fliers available online already

Good luck to you. We all hope that you'll be back soon! 

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many people don't have the funds to go out and buy a new computer with cash.  Many companies such as Dell, offer financing options where you pay monthly. Making a monthly payment is far easier than having to find a large sum of money at one time.  Check it out. Also check out some of your local computer stores, many also have financing options.

Looking forward to your return.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that you can get back soon!
Thank you! I'm still in the process of getting a computer to roam around here some more! 

Wishing you the best of luck with your computer. 
Thank you! The one I had is a lost cause. I hope I can get one soon! 

Hope you'll be back soon!
I'm trying! 

Just popping in to point out that tablets are cheaper than computers and still work great for general internet purposes

Ahhh yes! I'm actually an "old school" type of gal! If it was up to me I'd have a desktop! 
 But since they are  bulkier I decided on a laptop. I really dislike having to write in the on-screen keyboard 

@MagiksGirl   Thank you and we'll miss you too!

I really hope you're back on the interweb very soon!
Thanks! I'm working on it! 

That is true and there will be  sales going on very soon for the holidays. Even now, Amazon has one of their Fire tablets for $49.99 

There are more expensive ones but the newest one is on sale right now for $199.99. These prices may drop even more as Black Friday approaches. Most stores have their BF fliers available online already

Good luck to you. We all hope that you'll be back soon! 
As I mentioned above, I'm actually an "old school" type of gal! If it was up to me I'd have a desktop! I really dislike having to type into the on-screen keyboard 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about your computer dying on you.  I had to wait a very long time before I could purchase a new computer with everything I wanted in it.  Hope you will be able to purchase one soon.  Good luck to you.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Great to hear from you! Glad you checked in.[emoji]128568[/emoji]

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with you on the keyboard thing MagiksGirl, but I hope to see you back on the boards soon.  Missing you.