My Goat Herd

apokalypsepony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I breed goats for pets and weed control (we live in a fire prone area, so ranchers/ landowners will buy them to lower the risk of fire. I only breed healthy, non aggressive goats. I have a mixed herd, sometimes called "Brush Goats".

Snickers: She is out of one of my first goats, Lovey. Lovey was a mix of Spanish and another large breed (she came from a B&B that had a herd of over 500 goats of every kind and color). Lovey was killed by our scumbag landlords pit bull. (Dog was finally shot after it ate one of his llamas, the dog was his wife's.) Snickers is what is known as a Buckskin. She is 4yr old and has had a set of twins and two sets of triplets. I have kept two of her kids, a neutered boy (called a wether) named Taffy and a girl (doe) named Mica, they are both yearlings.

Snickers                                                Taffy                                                     Mica in her favorite place, a tree.

.Mishka: Another Spanish mix we got from the B&B, she is estimated to be around 12-15. She has had three sets of twins, but has since retired. When I bought her she was skin and bones. She uses her head like a mace and will only slightly tolerate the others kids who view her as a climbing structure.

3Bunny: Bunny was the only baby from a little Nigerian Dwarf cross doe, Brier. Brier was killed by a mountain lion when Bunny's was 3 months old. Bunny has had one set of twins and one set of triplets. She is 3yr old. I kept her latest son (another wether) named Eddy.

Brier and a newborn Bunny.                     Bunny pregnant with her first kids.           Eddy in the food dish.

Artemis (Ari): Ari and her sister Athena are from a Miniature Silky doe that I bought for $25 from a lady who was basically a hoarder (dozens of cats and dogs). Ended up selling her mom to another breeder. I've kept her first kids, twin does named Chickadee and Angelica.

Ari                                     Angelica                                                Chickadee

Athena: Ari's sister. She has had only one kid, who sadly only lived a few hours. Both her and Ari are yearlings.

Dante: A buck I bought back in April.

His coat is better now that he has had better food and minerals then his previous home.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are beautiful!  I love the expressions on their faces, especially Bunny's in her pregnancy pic.  She looks so happy. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

apokalypsepony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful!  I love the expressions on their faces, especially Bunny's in her pregnancy pic.  She looks so happy. 
I think that's my favorite pic of Bun Bun.

Her, and a few others, are probably due to kid in late July or early August.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They really are adorable! I love goats, and would love to have a couple should we move when we retire.