My girl is leaving me Tuesday 💔

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoochmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, this is such a sad day. I've had to make the decision to have my 17-year-old girl put down this Tuesday at 4 pm after a short illness. She suddenly lost about 10 pounds in a week and I barely noticed because she's a longhair. She hasn't eaten anything more than a few bites for two days now, though she has still managed to make some decent poops. It could be a number of ailments, but I can't afford tests or treatments and my vet said if she lost weight this quickly, she is most likely beyond treatment and is at the right age when this usually happens. The same thing happened to her brother Scooch in August - one day he stopped eating and began pacing the apartment, hiding in the dark bathtub, then jumping out every few minutes and panting. The vet told me those were end-of-life signs and he needed to be put down. Mooshie began hiding in the bathroom last night too, so I had to make the decision - I don't want her to get to the panting stage. She already has the same glassy-eyed look that Scooch had towards the very end - my vet says they can't process what's happening to them, they only know how to go on for one more day. I'm absolutely distraught and I feel like the world's worst cat mom, losing both my babies within 6 months of each other. They've been my world for 17 years. I can't even describe the pain of not having them both here will be like. I live alone and don't have friends, just a few relatives. I plan to spend the next four days just holding her and kissing her as much as possible. I hope I've given her a great life and she knows how much I love her. I feel guilty over losing my temper with her several times after Scoochie passed - she became so clingy and needy, it was hard to handle both of us being in mourning.
16796798670557309694147612434658.jpg
I don't know what else to say. I just love her so much and I do hope there is an afterlife and she'll be reunited with her buddies Scooch, Puck, and Fishy and they can all play together again. Thank you so much for listening ❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for what you are going through, did you try some lickable treats to see if you could get her to eat? I use Delectable Lickables when mine refuse to eat and hide. but at 17 like you said, it is most likely something incurable......You can never prepare yourself for that day, your heart will still break in two. But you can't let her suffer.
You have been a wonderful cat mom to have them so long in your life. 17 is equivalent to almost 100. Just hang on to her as much as you can, she knows you love her and will continue to do so for the rest of your life. Her love will always be a part of you,
In the meantime, please come here ANYTIME you need to talk. We know and understand what you are going through. We'll be here for you in your time of sadness. May God bless you for loving her so much......

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I guess just appreciate every single second as though they were jewels in your hands & tell yourself you’re a good mom: you wouldn’t want her to suffer. At least it will be as painless & loving as humanly possible.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, you are a good cat mom you have made the hardest choice. Your girl knows how loved she is. Make the most of the time you have together, your doing what is best for her by not letting her suffer. And I truly believe there is a afterlife a wonderful place were there's no more pain. She'll be playing with her friends again.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of both Mooshie and Scooch. They have lived wonderful, long lives with you and you are doing the hardest and bravest thing that you can to insure that they do not/did not suffer. With extreme old age and extreme symptoms, even valiant and expensive attempts do not usually yield success. Please do not make yourself feel guilty about any of this. :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That beautiful girl knows she is loved, has always known she is loved, and always will know she is loved. That's all that matters to her, you know. She is loved, she is cared for, and you will guide her through the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure with your love traveling with her. You have done well. You will do well. Enjoy every moment you have left with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.