My Furbaby Needs Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry its been taking me so long to get things posted here.
As stated before, I was wiped out from not sleeping for two days straight.

Anyway, heres some pictures of the stuff.
Also, you may notice Atsuko's birthday on the thing was altered in the Month. Thats cause Atsuko's birthday was just something they guessed originally.

I honestly don't know her exact birthday myself cause she was found, not adopted from a breeder or a store.

The birthday I had them update it to is just the birthday that I've been using for her for since we found her, as an estimate on when her birthday was by the vet we first took her to.

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ouch. I wanted to have my dog's teeth cleaned, but they wanted $350-450 to do it. So a friend of mine who is a dental assistant, did it for me! Turned out perfect, no anesthesia needed. (But then again, my dog was PERFECT!)

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's hysterical that she wanted in the vet's door! And, yes, she looks drunk! Wow, did you ride a bike to get her to the Vet? You are awesome! Good cat mommy! Hope she gets her sea legs back quickly.
Thank you~.
Yeah, it was a struggle but I just wanted to make sure she got up there.

She was already doing better by the next day, tho not fully at 100%. Shes MUCH better now tho. Rushing around and such. Shes still got loose stool but I think that may be due to the worms and they didn't give me meds for it for her to ingest. Instead, its treated like flea meds, so unno how long it till take before it fully gets rid of them.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ouch. I wanted to have my dog's teeth cleaned, but they wanted $350-450 to do it. So a friend of mine who is a dental assistant, did it for me! Turned out perfect, no anesthesia needed. (But then again, my dog was PERFECT!)
Yeah, I was shocked when I found out how much a teeth cleaning would be. Its definitely not something I can do a lot of.

The vet told me since she had bad teeth since she was six months that it seemed this was a genetic thing and therefore would've wound up the same way no matter what I did tho.

But hey... least she... got to keep like... six of her teeth... right?

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's right! Some teeth are better than none, to be sure. I am so happy she's doing so much better! The next time you need to take her to the vet, apply for a CareCredit.com card. easy to get accepted, and you always have that to help. Also, you can buy worming pills online for much cheaper than at your vet's. I use ValleyVet.com and Chewy.com
Good Luck with her and may you have many, many years together!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tickled to hear that she is doing so well! Cats can get along fine with no teeth at all, actually. And none is far better than a mouthful of bad ones!

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's right! Some teeth are better than none, to be sure. I am so happy she's doing so much better! The next time you need to take her to the vet, apply for a CareCredit.com card. easy to get accepted, and you always have that to help. Also, you can buy worming pills online for much cheaper than at your vet's. I use ValleyVet.com and Chewy.com
Good Luck with her and may you have many, many years together!
If I can ever afford to pay for a credit card type thing I'll look into it. I already took the info down for later. I know my vet does take it. I double checked last time I was up there. I just can't afford to have to pay back money right now since I don't make money back that easily. So I'll have to wait on that, but thank you.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tickled to hear that she is doing so well! Cats can get along fine with no teeth at all, actually. And none is far better than a mouthful of bad ones!
Yeah, my mom is mad because she wanted ALL the teeth removed so I 'don't have to do this again' cause apparently she thinks the vet doesn't know what shes doing in letting Atsuko keep her good teeth... but honestly it annoys me more shes not just happy she got to keep some. Its not like it was HER money that paid for this. She didn't even do anything to help me get this done.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have care credit. They usually givr you a very low starting balance, like $500 or maybe up to $1500, depending on your credit score and income. The good thing is you get six to eighteen months to pay it back with zero interest. And the minimum payments are very low. Like $50 or less per month. Since most vets don't take payment plans, it's a way to pay for unexpected extra fees and not delay needed medication or care and have a long time to pay it off without interest .Most credit cards kill people with interest charges.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your mom has no say on it since she didn't pay for it or drive you there. It's very common for vets to leave good teeth in, it's unethical to take out perfectly healthy teeth. I've had several cats with bad teeth, one had stomatitis and all of them had many removed but all had some teeth left.

They could all eat dry food fine even with very few teeth.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have care credit. They usually givr you a very low starting balance, like $500 or maybe up to $1500, depending on your credit score and income. The good thing is you get six to eighteen months to pay it back with zero interest. And the minimum payments are very low. Like $50 or less per month. Since most vets don't take payment plans, it's a way to pay for unexpected extra fees and not delay needed medication or care and have a long time to pay it off without interest .Most credit cards kill people with interest charges.
I can't even afford $50 a month is what I am trying to say.
I get $200 to spend on 'food money' from my folks but aside from less than $30 a month from my Patreon I have no other income unless I get lucky enough to sell some art. So I have no other 'guaranteed' income. Thats why I was telling people earlier I can't afford it right now when they suggested it.

That 200 goes into my cats food, litter, anything that I need around the house or need to replace like toilet paper, soap, ect. Then whatever is left which is normally around $40 at the end of it goes into my stomach if I'm lucky.

I have NO way to afford it right now. I'm not living like normal people who get regular income and can just afford to pay for this and that otherwise, I'd be paying for pet insurance since I found some for like... I think it was around $20 a month for both cats.

While its not super expensive when you live a life where you can't guarantee you can afford it every month that $20 becomes a big deal. So normally whatever I have after I pay for my cats and everything else I wanna keep to afford food. So I'm not making bland or just making excuses I literally can NOT afford a credit care card right now.

Thats why I said, I will look into it for later, I already saved it as a memo to myself for when I'm able to afford it but right now I just... can't.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just giving an update. Atsuko has gotten much better, tho still tending to the tapeworm thing, shes greatly improved in other areas!

Namely, the breathing issues she used to have don't exist anymore!

It does seem they were 100% caused by the teeth issues, which she no longer has, so she no longer has breathing attacks.

She does still hide but normally when she doesn't wanna deal with Saru.

I also got her, her rabies shot recently and will be trying to gradually gain up funds slowly over time so I can update all her shots using the inexpensive vet service that comes to town twice a month, so I can start training her to be able to handle the pet backpack like Saru does.

Her being able to go outside always seemed to perk her up so I wanna help her stay cheerful and help her stress level lower, so I'm gonna go back into bringing her places with me every so often.

I am saving up money to get some flea medicine as well as flea killer for the house, so as to remove the chance of her and any of the others getting tapeworms again.

Saru and Yuki have also been treated too already.

Shes also started learning to eat dry food without her other teeth.

I kept her from eating any till I was sure she was ready and learned how to maneuver it properly since her first attempt eating simple wet food made her gag before. But shes learned so I let her eat a little dry in between meals.

Thank you all for your support and concern along the way, I figured it best to gives you all an update on her recovery~.

I'd have posted sooner but I'm currently dealing with a lot of stuff.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for that update! I am sorry you are dealing with so much, but thrilled to hear that Atsuko is doing well!