My Furbaby Needs Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, good. Her loving wet is a real plus. Hekitty won't touch it at all.
Really? Hmn, well that sucks...
Have you tried adding dry food into some wet food to encourage them to try it?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have tried everything in the book. LOL, I just can't get her to cooperate with any of the techniques that I advise others to try (with success). She's a stubbor girl.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried everything in the book. LOL, I just can't get her to cooperate with any of the techniques that I advise others to try (with success). She's a stubbor girl.
Hm... thats troublesome...
I wish I lived closer so I could come by and help out any.
I've had luck before if helping to somehow coax animals into doing what I want, tho I admit I do still have my issues with some who are more stubborn too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I even tried raw and home-cooked, both of which were rousing failures. She doesn't like people food, with the notable exception of raspberry sherbet.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I even tried raw and home-cooked, both of which were rousing failures. She doesn't like people food, with the notable exception of raspberry sherbet.
...Weird.
I did hear that if you raise a cat on something almost their whole life and never introduce them to other food they refuse to see it as food...

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can also wet the dry food to make it softer. Some cats love it and I've also had cats who absolutely decided that was "poison" and wouldn't eat it for anything. Even glared at me for hours for ruining their dry food lol.

I've also had several vets tell me that even cheap wet food is still good for them because it keeps them hydrated. My cats love Fancy feast gravy lovers but will eat friskies. Any fancier more expensive foods, they won't touch and loudly complain that I'm starving them lol.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can also wet the dry food to make it softer. Some cats love it and I've also had cats who absolutely decided that was "poison" and wouldn't eat it for anything. Even glared at me for hours for ruining their dry food lol.

I've also had several vets tell me that even cheap wet food is still good for them because it keeps them hydrated. My cats love Fancy feast gravy lovers but will eat friskies. Any fancier more expensive foods, they won't touch and loudly complain that I'm starving them lol.
My vet says the same thing about wet. It also has fewer fillers than dry, even if it's cheap.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update;

I brought her stool sample up to the vet. Collecting it was... HORRIBLE.
The smell made me wanna puke. It took a couple days to get it up there too, so I'm glad they said it was fine, cause I called to make sure.

I didn't wanna have to deal with that again...

They said if I don't hear from them within the next couple days about the results to give'em a call. Which of course I will.

I also decided after all this to set up some stuff for my cats to make things easier;

- They now have their own PayPal account and their PayPal Debit Card will be here by the beginning of next month. I of course set it up as a Business account since PayPal only lets you have one Personal account.

- To combine it as a legit business account I made them their own YouTube Channel called Cat Dorks and a Patreon specifically for them, which is attached to it in the About section there and is linked to their PayPal.

I don't want to take many risks when it comes to them and figured whatever money they make will ONLY be THEIRS. I won't be using it on myself. That way they have their own funds that can go to food, litter, medical and anything else they may need.

This may seem weird... setting a PayPal up just for my cats and having them have their own income but honestly its the best thing I could think of with how limited I am right now.

Of course, I'll still be paying for them for everything till it kicks off, but the goal is to have it where they no longer get covered out of my food money and can afford to be covered through their own money so situations like this don't happen anymore where I'm terrified of how to handle a vet bill or something.

--I am tho dealing with some strain tho cause someone tried to get me to delete my cat's channel and then caused more issues, stealing one of my videos and posting it up when I wouldn't delete it... so I'm gonna be dealing with some other stuff on the side during all this...

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the big day :)! What’s the weather report like?

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the big day :)! What’s the weather report like?
Rainy. Up till 7AM.
We're about to leave tho cause I can't risk pushing to wait till then since we gotta be there at a specific time and it takes about two hours to just get up there. So I gotta head up early.

Thanks to a friend, I managed to get an umbrella hat to see about trying to at least keep her dry to a level. I tried to get a plastic pet backpack too but it won't make it in time...

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update;
Just dropped her off. I'll be calling them around 3PM if they don't call my first.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update;
So she's still sleeping at the vet right now but they told me she has tape worms. If I have enough money left over after handling the current bill I'll pay for the pills. If I don't I'll have to wait till next month.

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My baby girl, Atsuko is currently sick. She was so bad in the beginning she vomited while she had this pastey style diarrhea. One point it was so wet she got some drained on me when she jumped up and it was watery.

She spent the first few days hiding all day, only coming out to drink water, while the days after would cling to me or hide.--which she hasn't done in MONTHS--Even went so far as to follow me around the house--again, not done in MONTHS--or just waiting for me to come back to sit down so she could get back in place.

I've already spoken to one of the vet people over the phone about her symptoms and they wanted her in the SAME DAY. But my mom, who provides the ride and money--who refused to give me a ride for...reasons... and yet also refused to give me the money to my Paypal so I could just bring her in MYSELF, has still continued to refuse to help me.

She claimed, 'If shes still having diarrhea and hiding we can make plans to bring her in' but shes ignoring every other sign as serious too when I know how my cat is and know this is an issue. She even tried to insist its 'just a bug' and I should 'feed her chicken and rice soup' when the vet said that won't help.

I dunno whats wrong with her, but I'm worried it could be either her stomach is inflamed or some kind of internal parasite. The problem is just taking her in to be looked at will cost me $50 and then who knows what it will cost for X-Rays and blood tests should they need to do those to see whats wrong with her.

I'm so scared right now, I don't want my baby to suffer. Shes not having extreme diarrhea any more thanks to what I MYSELF did in feeding her purely dry food but because shes not, my mom is ignoring this situation as, 'shes improved'. Shes taking the clinginess not as a sign shes not feeling well still but doesn't wanna be alone, as an 'improvement' when I know thats not the case. Atsuko barely ate between yesterday and today.

She only ate a half a can of wet food for the WHOLE DAY yesterday and couldn't even stomach a half a can properly today, eating a portion and then DEMANDING I give her dry food, clearly not able to handle the wet. This is a cat who ALWAYS eats her wet food unless its a really hot day and it makes it affect the food quality. But as long as when shes done it gets chilled, shes fine to eat it again later.

I need help... I can't rely on them for aid in this, they already wrote her off as 'getting better' and just writing off the fact shes lethargic as 'just tired cause shes recovering being sick'. Shes not eating back to normal yet. Being tired may be one thing but shes not eating properly yet, so shes NOT better. Shes just more stable because I've been making sure to help her in that area.

I hate to do this but I really need the help...

I promise I'll take a picture of the receipt and post it up here but I need to get money to get my girl to see a vet because I've no options in getting my folks to help me in this.

If I can get at least $150 to put into getting her hospital bill handled, I should be fine. I'll take her there myself, walking there if I have to. I'll update here what day her appointment is and then after the appointment, I will take a picture of the receipt and post the picture on here as evidence, I don't care! I just need help to get Atsuko looked at to see whats wrong!

My PayPal is [email protected]
Please... help me help my furbaby... I can't lose her... this would break whats left of me...
Hi: Sorry about your baby (and your "mom). My cat got really sick, and the vet told me about CareCredit.com. I applied and got a credit line for $1500, which saved my cat. I hope this helps!

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update;
Okay, we just barely got home. Atsuko is woozy as a drunk right now so I put her in a separate room since she wants to stupidly try to climb stuff like shes not drugged up right now since she doesn't have proper back use of her legs at the moment.

I was able to afford the medication for the tapeworms for her too. She'll be on that for a bit and will be on pain medicine for the next five days. They also told me to keep giving her the antibiotic till its gone.

Last edited:

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heres a video of us waiting outside for the vet to finally open so I could check her in. This cat has NO patience and just before I started filming she even was knocking on the door.

And heres one of her back from the vet. Poor baby is really woozy.

Last edited:

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll post pictures of the bills later... I'm too tired... literally did NOT sleep last night... was too stressed about today...

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's hysterical that she wanted in the vet's door! And, yes, she looks drunk! Wow, did you ride a bike to get her to the Vet? You are awesome! Good cat mommy! Hope she gets her sea legs back quickly.