My Furbaby Needs Help!

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My baby girl, Atsuko is currently sick. She was so bad in the beginning she vomited while she had this pastey style diarrhea. One point it was so wet she got some drained on me when she jumped up and it was watery.

She spent the first few days hiding all day, only coming out to drink water, while the days after would cling to me or hide.--which she hasn't done in MONTHS--Even went so far as to follow me around the house--again, not done in MONTHS--or just waiting for me to come back to sit down so she could get back in place.

I've already spoken to one of the vet people over the phone about her symptoms and they wanted her in the SAME DAY. But my mom, who provides the ride and money--who refused to give me a ride for...reasons... and yet also refused to give me the money to my Paypal so I could just bring her in MYSELF, has still continued to refuse to help me.

She claimed, 'If shes still having diarrhea and hiding we can make plans to bring her in' but shes ignoring every other sign as serious too when I know how my cat is and know this is an issue. She even tried to insist its 'just a bug' and I should 'feed her chicken and rice soup' when the vet said that won't help.

I dunno whats wrong with her, but I'm worried it could be either her stomach is inflamed or some kind of internal parasite. The problem is just taking her in to be looked at will cost me $50 and then who knows what it will cost for X-Rays and blood tests should they need to do those to see whats wrong with her.

I'm so scared right now, I don't want my baby to suffer. Shes not having extreme diarrhea any more thanks to what I MYSELF did in feeding her purely dry food but because shes not, my mom is ignoring this situation as, 'shes improved'. Shes taking the clinginess not as a sign shes not feeling well still but doesn't wanna be alone, as an 'improvement' when I know thats not the case. Atsuko barely ate between yesterday and today.

She only ate a half a can of wet food for the WHOLE DAY yesterday and couldn't even stomach a half a can properly today, eating a portion and then DEMANDING I give her dry food, clearly not able to handle the wet. This is a cat who ALWAYS eats her wet food unless its a really hot day and it makes it affect the food quality. But as long as when shes done it gets chilled, shes fine to eat it again later.

I need help... I can't rely on them for aid in this, they already wrote her off as 'getting better' and just writing off the fact shes lethargic as 'just tired cause shes recovering being sick'. Shes not eating back to normal yet. Being tired may be one thing but shes not eating properly yet, so shes NOT better. Shes just more stable because I've been making sure to help her in that area.

I hate to do this but I really need the help...

I promise I'll take a picture of the receipt and post it up here but I need to get money to get my girl to see a vet because I've no options in getting my folks to help me in this.

If I can get at least $150 to put into getting her hospital bill handled, I should be fine. I'll take her there myself, walking there if I have to. I'll update here what day her appointment is and then after the appointment, I will take a picture of the receipt and post the picture on here as evidence, I don't care! I just need help to get Atsuko looked at to see whats wrong!

My PayPal is [email protected]
Please... help me help my furbaby... I can't lose her... this would break whats left of me...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

shes still having diarrhea and hiding we can make plans to bring her in'
I would suggest that you hang in there with, and trust, your mom :)

Can you-all obtain some plain pumpkin? That can sometimes help with firming up poop.

Your mom is right. There are numerous vets who will prescribe making a 50:50 (unseasoned) boiled chicken and white rice mixture which can help kitty stomach issues come back to normal.

Also, these recipes, from a TCS member's website, have ingredients that don't cost much and that can help with dehydration, - very important - and possibly get her to where she's willing to eat her wet food again;

Kitten-Rescue.com

All the best of luck to you - let us know how things go :vibes::redheartpump:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I would suggest that you hang in there with, and trust, your mom :)

Can you-all obtain some plain pumpkin? That can sometimes help with firming up poop.

Your mom is right. There are numerous vets who will prescribe making a 50:50 (unseasoned) boiled chicken and white rice mixture which can help kitty stomach issues come back to normal.

Also, these recipes, from a TCS member's website, have ingredients that don't cost much and that can help with dehydration, - very important - and possibly get her to where she's willing to eat her wet food again;

Kitten-Rescue.com

All the best of luck to you - let us know how things go :vibes::redheartpump:
Well the issue here is more that my vet told me to bring her in and I would trust that my vet is the one telling me the right choice than my mother in this area. Since they are more qualified.

No, I can't afford any pumpkin right now. The small bit of money I do have I wanna save so I can see about getting her to the vet.

Yes, I know pumpkin can help and I am making sure she stays hydrated, but thats not gonna help if she has stomach inflammation or parasites inside her that she needs medication to take care of.

Again. MY VET told me that she NEEDS to come in. Ignoring what my vet says for what my mother says just for the sake of it being my mother telling me to do it seems counter-productive.

I need to get her in, shes been enduring this for about a week now as it is because she kept saying, 'Lets see what happens tomorrow' over and over and over again. Now she just seems dead set that shes not gonna help and I've no other way to get her any help which is why I'm asking for help from those here.

I don't need advice on what to feed her, I need help to get her into the vet! Cause if I have to get her on medication I need enough to not only pay for the vet bill but whatever medication they need to give her too!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Again. MY VET told me that she NEEDS to come in. Ignoring what my vet says for what my mother says just for the sake of it being my mother telling me to do it seems counter-productive.
OK, then allow me to repeat myself. I said some other vets prescribe the exact same thing that your mother suggested, of the 50:50 unseasoned boiled chicken and white rice. I'm not in the habit of making things up.

The point was to talk with your mom to obtain some pumpkin, and to make the chicken-rice mixture, and to make the recipes listed on that website, because not always, but sometimes vets want people to come in with their pets more for the sake of the bill than the pet.

Whether that's the case here or not, I'm very sorry you aren't willing to work with your mom.

However, if you're feeding her dry food, and she's been having diarrhea as well as vomiting, she's probably more dehydrated than you can keep up with. So, yes you DO need advice on what to feed her. That's why I provided the Pedialyte and kitten glop recipes. Ask your mom to obtain the ingredients.

You need to help your cat and restore your relationship with your mother, and this is how you do it. Good luck.

Last edited:

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm saying I KNOW about the pumpkin thing. She was supposed to bring pumpkin over before but they didn't have any of the unseasoned kind in stock.

As it should be noted, one of the rules is to NOT advise someone to ignore what their vet is telling them, so whether you feel it could be that they are trying to drain money out of me or not, the point is that the vet is always the one thats the one who should be the one listened to.

Its NEVER a good idea to advise someone to NOT listen to their vet, its up to me to decide if I agree with them or not.

As stated, I am doing what I can with what I have available to me right now. The whole point of this was to ask for help to GET HER TO THE VET. Not for advice on how to help with her having diarrhea.

The whole reason WHY I said my mom is making such a fuss over refusing to take is because I HAVE THAT AREA UNDER CONTROL.

I even mentioned this in the first post that because of her not having that specific thing going on full blown anymore because I got it handled and because shes 'not hiding all the time'.

As to quote that section in the original post,
I can't rely on them for aid in this, they already wrote her off as 'getting better' and just writing off the fact shes lethargic as 'just tired cause shes recovering being sick'.

If you don't wanna donate, thats fine, but the issue here that I keep telling you I do NOT NEED FOOD HELP. I need help to get her TO the vet. Trying to encourage me to not take her and just feed her something else isn't responsible when I don't know whats wrong with her and shes not better yet.

I called the vet to ask them their advice if I should bring her in, not because I MYSELF assumed she didn't need to go. I can tell when Atsuko needs to see a vet, I've had her for 8 years. I know how she is and when something is up. That was more to help convince my MOM because she tends to like to claim I over-exaggerate just because she doesn't really wanna do something.

She did the same thing and almost threw a total fit when Atsuko was having a breathing fit and blamed it on 'allergies' when Atsuko doesn't HAVE allergies. She had inflammation in her throat and I had to get her on medication for it, from her having bad teeth.

I know my cat and I know she needs to see a vet. What I NEED help with is the costs to get her TO one and get her checked out. As stated again and again and again.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry you are in such a tight spot right now with your sick baby.

Are there any other family members you could reach out to that would be willing to help you without going to your mom first. If this is an option perhaps your could work out arrangements to pay them back. You could offer free baby sitting or help with cleaning their home. Is there a friend who's family you are close to that may be willing to step up and help you with funds and getting to the vet without going to mom first?

I am sorry for asking you these questions right now while you are in such a difficult place.

A go fund me account may be helpful here if the funds are not going to mom's bank account. I did not see any age restrictions on there site for starting one. If this is possible it may help. My hubby has friend's who have used go fund me for help and found help fairly quickly.

I am sorry that I do not have the funds myself to help you directly.
Here is an article that may be helpful to you.
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom is not saying to disregard your vet. But since you are having trouble getting kitty to a vet at this time, she's suggesting you try the options suggested. It may help your kitty until you can get her in to see the vet.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Goodness, don't yell, you're right, you're right - I'm just trying to help, I promise.
Can you do a go fund me?
I'm sorry... I'm just... really worried and really stressed. I wanna help my poor girl so bad...

No, GoFundMe requires them to send you a check, which you need to have a bank account in order to cash. Walmart won't even cash it.

Thats why I put up my PayPal there so people can just send it to me directly instead of dealing with all that extra garbage of jumping through excessive hoops just to get the money.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry you are in such a tight spot right now with your sick baby.

Are there any other family members you could reach out to that would be willing to help you without going to your mom first. If this is an option perhaps your could work out arrangements to pay them back. You could offer free baby sitting or help with cleaning their home. Is there a friend who's family you are close to that may be willing to step up and help you with funds and getting to the vet without going to mom first?

I am sorry for asking you these questions right now while you are in such a difficult place.

A go fund me account may be helpful here if the funds are not going to mom's bank account. I did not see any age restrictions on there site for starting one. If this is possible it may help. My hubby has friend's who have used go fund me for help and found help fairly quickly.

I am sorry that I do not have the funds myself to help you directly.
Here is an article that may be helpful to you.
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
Age restrictions wouldn't matter anyway, I'm 31 and live alone. My folks just help out with my financial stuff right now after I had to move from my last place. I live in a house they own, but not with them.

As stated tho you need a bank account to cash any checks from GoFundMe. Which is why I simply put up my PayPal e-mail.

No, I have no other family that lives around here and I have no friends that live near me either. The friends I do have that are online have already been trying to help me out with other stuff.

Thats why I came here to ask for help. I put up my business PayPal e-mail so I'm not worried about someone sending anything through it since it won't reveal any personal stuff about me.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom is not saying to disregard your vet. But since you are having trouble getting kitty to a vet at this time, she's suggesting you try the options suggested. It may help your kitty until you can get her in to see the vet.
I'm already doing everything within what I can afford, as stated before. I can't afford extra. I am not just being cheap or funny here, I'm being serious. I can't afford extra stuff.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GoFundMe requires them to send you a check, which you need to have a bank account in order to cash. Walmart won't even cash it.
well, pudge. That's not helpful to a person at all, I had no idea, I'm sorry!

If there's not enough help from here, could you do odd jobs, clean houses, take a look on Nextdoor . com and offer to pet sit, dog walk, baby-sit, snow shovel, scroll through and see whatever people might need to have done, that you could maybe make enough to Uber there, and then see if you can work out a payment plan or something with the vet.

Don't get frustrated with me - I just don't know if you're familiar with this or not, but along with @catsknowme 's suggestion regarding financial aid, there is this other one-it might be an additional source since nobody knows yet what/how much a vet bill might turn into;
Financial Aid for Pets

Last edited:

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well, pudge. That's not helpful to a person at all, I had no idea, I'm sorry!

If there's not enough help from here, could you do odd jobs, clean houses, take a look on Nextdoor . com and offer to pet sit, dog walk, baby-sit, snow shovel, scroll through and see whatever people might need to have done, that you could maybe make enough to Uber there, and then see if you can work out a payment plan or something with the vet.

Don't get frustrated with me - I just don't know if you're familiar with this or not, but along with @catsknowme 's suggestion regarding financial aid, there is this other one-it might be an additional source since nobody knows yet what/how much a vet bill might turn into;
Financial Aid for Pets
I have to be very careful about doing any 'job' that the government would see as a job because I'm trying to get Disability. I also have no car so I wouldn't be able to drive for Uber anyway.

I've already tried this, they don't have it where I live. Also, I can't do a payment plan because they don't offer it here for vets. It sucks, I already asked. You either have the money up front or you don't get any help at all.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think it's one of the worst things ever, to be backed into a corner like this. Gosh I am so sorry! Maybe someone will see your thread/post above, and be able to help.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, and your kitty in my thoughts and prayers!!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Age restrictions wouldn't matter anyway, I'm 31 and live alone. My folks just help out with my financial stuff right now after I had to move from my last place. I live in a house they own, but not with them.

As stated tho you need a bank account to cash any checks from GoFundMe. Which is why I simply put up my PayPal e-mail.

No, I have no other family that lives around here and I have no friends that live near me either. The friends I do have that are online have already been trying to help me out with other stuff.

Thats why I came here to ask for help. I put up my business PayPal e-mail so I'm not worried about someone sending anything through it since it won't reveal any personal stuff about me.

My apologies I thought I was dealing with a minor when I posted this. I really hope you are able get some help to get your baby vet care.

The only other thing I can come up with would be to talk to the vet’s office to see if they would take payments from people to put towards an appointment. You may be able to do this and still protect your personal information. I am mentioning this as another possible option because not everyone uses PayPal. If this is something the vet’s office would allow the funds could be set aside for your cat without having to give out any personal information.

If this is a stomach bug you may not need expensive tests. One of my cats had the equivalent of stomach flu. She was given an injection for nausea and an antibiotic. Her appetite came back once the nausea and vomiting stopped. Nausea can be present without vomiting and it could be why she is not eating.

Have you checked to see if there are any vet’s that will do a free exam for new clients this could cut down the bill and free up funds towards treatment. This is common where I live but I am not sure if this is available where you are.

Last edited:

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My apologies I thought I was dealing with a minor when I posted this. I really hope you are able get some help to get your baby vet care.

The only other thing I can come up with would be to talk to the vet’s office to see if they would take payments from people to put towards an appointment. You may be able to do this and still protect your personal information. I am mentioning this as another possible option because not everyone uses PayPal. If this is something the vet’s office would allow the funds could be set aside for your cat without having to give out any personal information.

If this is a stomach bug you may not need expensive tests. One of my cats had the equivalent of stomach flu. She was given an injection for nausea and an antibiotic. Her appetite came back once the nausea and vomiting stopped. Nausea can be present without vomiting and it could be why she is not eating.

Have you checked to see if there are any vet’s that will do a free exam for new clients this could cut down the bill and free up funds towards treatment. This is common where I live but I am not sure if this is available where you are.
Nah, as stated in the answer I gave above this one, the vets here don't allow for payment plans, I already asked them about this before because of the position I'm in. Where I live they function as 'if you don't pay we don't help'.

Also I'm hoping its something minor. She actually vomited before she could even get out of the litter box at first. I've been making sure to keep down the symptoms but I'm still worried about her.

See, if I didn't have to worry about the possibility of testing, I have the money to pay for an exam alone, but its the fact I'm not sure what will be needed that I'm trying to prepare for. Theres always that unknown element and I just can't afford the extra.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's one of the worst things ever, to be backed into a corner like this. Gosh I am so sorry! Maybe someone will see your thread/post above, and be able to help.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, and your kitty in my thoughts and prayers!!
Thank you... it really is the worst feeling...
I'm just really hoping I can somehow get the money to fix this...

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks that your vet views allowing others to help ahead of time as a payment plan. In my mind that is having the money ahead of time for the what-ifs. The thought of that being viewed as a payment plan stinks and really surprises me.

If you feel safe doing so perhaps you can provide some information about your location. Even the city and state may be helpful for people to help you find more options to help get your baby get vet care.

Last edited:

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, if you have funds for an exam, what if you went ahead and took her just for the exam and get an initial opinion from the vet? Idk about where you are, but the vet I see typically doesn't charge me an exam fee over and over if I return for the same issue. Maybe it would give you some peace of mind, or an idea of how much else you might need in terms of funds? I'm sorry you're in this situation...