My foster kittens and their different coats

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like an adorable cat!

Ritz was one of four brothers and sisters; two were short haired domestic, two were long haired.  I wonder if they were fathered by different sperm donors.  Over the three year period I TNRd where they were found, I saw no long haired cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea, I have no idea on the father of these babies since mama was an outdoor only rescue. I'm curious if the boy and tortie girl will be long haired on not? 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the tortie girl will turn out to be a longhair. Not so sure about the black boy--that could just be kitten fuzz.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I've never had a long haired kitten, my ragdoll was an adult when we got her. Black boy has the same coat as the tortie, it's just really hard to photograph what with him being solid black. I've started noticing toe tufts on them both, their mom has toe tufts along with ear tufts and lynx tips and a fluffy tail but her coat was in really bad shape when she got here. She was really underweight and looked like she had blown her coat.  

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the poor girl! All that and pregnant on top of it. I'ts a good thing she is safe now.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
to me the tortie looks like a long hair and the black one may be as well. I'd like to see his tail to be sure.

BUT all of them are SOOOOO adorable!