my first TNR was an incredible success

tutubean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we released the freshly neutered Panterita. Since he knows us and is fed by us - he's even showed me his belly a couple times - I figured it would be best to let him smell wet food before letting him out of the trap. He seemed not to care, was wide-eyed and crying. He wasn't agitated though. I slightly lifted the release gate, and he came over to sniff at the food and look up at me and cry. I then lifted the release gate all the way and he was off!!!... but not far. He ran about 2 meters and then just had the longest pee ever. :lol: He then walked back to the house and had food and water. He came back a couple hours later for lunch, and lay on our patio in the shade just like he used to.

I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Here's hoping he is with us in the neighborhood for many years to come (he's only about 2 yrs old!)

rita release.png

karen.balch72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great news and he's such a handsome fellow! You are clearly taking great care of him!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yesterday we released the freshly neutered Panterita. Since he knows us and is fed by us - he's even showed me his belly a couple times -

I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Here's hoping he is with us in the neighborhood for many years to come (he's only about 2 yrs old!)
IMG_3361.GIF
and
4ADBB236-6DD3-4F12-8494-797FAC3E3C2B$L0$001~photo.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutubean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! He hung out on our property all day yesterday, dozing and even just watching my mom garden. He's a hungry boy, and at 6.5 lbs I hope to fatten him up a bit. He got a whole 5.5oz can plus kibble from us yesterday (breakfast and lunch), which is a lot. We know other houses put out food, so we try not to overfeed. But now that he won't be chasing the ladies all the time, I'm hoping he gains weight just by being a little more lazy. :lol:

1593093579598.png

1593093542545.png