My First Male Kitten

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone!

My name is Amy and my new kitten is named Murphy, Murphy Boy, or Murph!

I adopted the little love bug almost a week ago and I am absolutely in love this boy. He is the sweetest, friendliest, and cuddliest kitten I have ever owned!

I joined this site because I want to share with you all that I have never owned a male before and I was wondering if any of you had any advice for me. Such as, best time to get him neutered, does he need to eat more, helpful tips, do’s and don’ts and all the basic stuff really.

Yesterday, I took him for his first vaccinations along with getting dewormer stuff and flea medicine and this morning, he is very tired. He is drinking his water and eating his food. Wondering if that was all normal, him being so tired?

I want to thank you for reading this and all of your tips, do’s and don’ts. Means a lot to me and Murphy. Until next time.

Love, Amy and Murphy

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Amy and Murphy, welcome to the site. There's a wealth of information here so enjoy looking around. How old is Murphy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!

Murphy is 8 or 9 weeks old! :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please post a photo, in fact, post lots. We love photos here. As far as neutering goes, the right age varies from vet to vet. I live in the UK and my vet wouldnt neuter my kitten until he was 6 months but some are prepared to do it sooner. Give your vet a ring and see what he says.
The general opinion is let your kitten eat as much as he wants, he has a lot of growing to do.
Just enjoy having him and watching him grow.

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Please post a photo, in fact, post lots. We love photos here. As far as neutering goes, the right age varies from vet to vet. I live in the UK and my vet wouldnt neuter my kitten until he was 6 months but some are prepared to do it sooner. Give your vet a ring and see what he says.
The general opinion is let your kitten eat as much as he wants, he has a lot of growing to do.
Just enjoy having him and watching him grow.

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
5166EE7E-2968-4979-A554-FA3C13B9DBA0.jpeg

Will definitely post photos!

My vet said 6 months as well. 5 months if there is any other cats at home because he will start marking his territory.

He loves his food and water!

Watching him grow will amazing, I just wish he would stay little furever. Haha!

I know this is weird, but can you tell me what eye color he has?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is stunning. His eye colour will most probably alter as he grows but at the moment they look a pale green/amber

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: Murphy is super adorable. :catlove:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would like tp see more pics esp from aside

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spme kittens gets very affected by vaccination esp as here done together with deworming. And defleasing

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
647B15F9-57DA-4637-A277-78F40C626BAB.jpeg Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone!

I will try to get some side pictures when he wakes up! ❤

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Spme kittens gets very affected by vaccination esp as here done together with deworming. And defleasing
He has changed a little bit. I am giving him a lot of attention and playing with him, but I have noticed that he has changed. Like, I would want to pet him, but he would run off. He allows me to, sometimes. Maybe because he is just a kitten. I don’t know, I just hope he isn’t mad at me or anything. Should I call the vet?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's just being a kitten and showing his independence. My boy changed so much in the first year, cuddly then not then cuddly again. Murphy is obviously comfortable with you so dont worry. Remember..he is the boss:whiskers:

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Makes sense!

I would never hurt him. I just want him to know he is loved by me and everyone in the household.

Thank you for your kind words!

And, he is the boss?! How so if I may ask?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah HA! It is you! I just "met" you on your other thread! Mr. Murphs is a doll, and I am SO kittensmitten!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
7AC27109-21D1-4F83-B00B-2928BCF301DB.gif
Amy and Murphy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
DD041EC4-1D95-4B57-9C58-BA2FCF7ACA84.jpeg
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site

Murphy is a handsome little kitten :happycat::lovecat4: Special thread just for Murphy’s photos here in Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and many more fun thread in Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Some readings to get you around the site :-

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink: