My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my Graycie- she was a 6mo old TNR kitten dropped off at my Vets office,my 18yr old Hemingway was very ill with diabetes & I couldn't bear the thought of no kitty to come home to when my Cheech would be gone- so I took this beautiful Russian Blue home and she is true to her name,most gracious sweet girl I ever met

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sami- someone dumped Sami off in a funeral home parking lot(I heard a tiny cry as I was walking my 2 on leashes)he's a real Bengal( boy he's intelligent)....Sami was about 5wks old,thought he had one eye because it was so crusted shut from infection,his little paw pads were burnt,didn't think he'd make it through the night with the upper respiratory infection ,he could barely breath- sat under a towel of steam til morning with him- look at him now!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
And then came Max- A neighbor has a restaurant around the corner and feeds a feral ,the feral followed him home & had a litter under his truck( broken down)Max was getting fed by this neighbor,the only surviving kitten & I scooped him up....he's a little love,I only took him to get him nuetered & adopted.....Christmas Eve the shelter was ready for him,I dropped him off,said goodbye and then Christmas Morning I had the owner of the shelter meet me there to take him back !!!!

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I live it's Trap, Neuter, Return.
The local Animal Protective League only takes in kittys on death row from the local Animal Control to try and find people to adopt them. If you take in a stray they will spay/neuter at a reduced rate, give all necessary shots (including Rabies ) ear tip so it will be able to be seen at a distance and given back to you to be returned to where it was taken from to keep other kittys from moving in.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone- didn't realize this is Jcatbird thread and I guess typically not a general place to post?:I'm very taken back by Jcatbird post,she sounds like an exceptional & very special lady,I hope y'all forgive my ignorance and thank you for the warm welcome....I'd love to meet you all,be Blessed ❤

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone- didn't realize this is Jcatbird thread and I guess typically not a general place to post?:I'm very taken back by Jcatbird post,she sounds like an exceptional & very special lady,I hope y'all forgive my ignorance and thank you for the warm welcome....I'd love to meet you all,be Blessed ❤
No worries, yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird is a very special lady and I’m sure she don’t mind you posting here.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks TabbyTom,I look forward to meeting Jcatbird,she's my cup of tea!!!I do hope it's okay I plastered up photos of my little family,it's hard not to get excited here with you fellow catsters
It is wonderful that you posted photos of your fur family. Jcatbird LOVES when we post pictures of our furry overlords!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley::hithere::welcomesign:She is currently unable to post on site due to phone issues and misses us all so much. She totally loves that we are keeping this thread alive for her until she returns, she says that any and all positive posts are welcome so, yes you were right, it is a general place to post. Looking forward to seeing you here. :touched:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww,thanks so much Dusty diamond,it's a pleasure to meet you....if you can tell JCatbird there's someone new that is excited to meet her,she's a gal after my own heart❤
There's not much better than being surrounded by encouraging,positive people- err,except for being surrounded by kitties!!!!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Awww,thanks so much Dusty diamond,it's a pleasure to meet you....if you can tell JCatbird there's someone new that is excited to meet her,she's a gal after my own heart❤
There's not much better than being surrounded by encouraging,positive people- err,except for being surrounded by kitties!!!!
The best of both worlds: Being surrounded by encouraging, positive people AND being surrounded by kitties.:lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would appear that Grumpy, now fully back to his old self, has been spoiled. Now, when I set out his food in the morning, he will walk up to it, sniff, then sit looking in the door. Now, he needs treats for an appetizer, at which time he will scarf his food down like he hasn't eaten for a week.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Now, when I set out his food in the morning, he will walk up to it, sniff, then sit looking in the door.
January is the same. Ask for food, sniff it, cover and walk away. I have to bring his dish out to the hall, leave it there and he observe it from a distance for awhile then eat. Other than that, he’ll eat from the same place which is on the kitchen counter. This is his regular habit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.