My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote The Jackson Galaxy Method of getting cats to love their litterboxes (again) is to reduce their space: put the cat and litterbox in a small room, such as a bathroom, with of course all of his other needs. When he consistently uses his box for a period of time, you can increase his space. This can be repeated if he needs it. There is also Cat Attract litter that may help temporarily until he learns that that is the good place to go.
Been having some IT issues as well, where there didn't used to be any. Don't know if it's widespread or not. My IP is ATT, FYI.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 How beautiful -- thanks as always for sharing beautiful pix! My mom was from IL and it has a lot of allure for me. I also love "old" houses (I say "old" because what we say is "old" is barely broken in in the rest of the world) and mine was built in 1937, too.
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Just a shoutout and :hugs:!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Well, I have it on good authority that Dolly is "not dumb, and not blonde" so that might extend to other things, too :crackup:Enjoy your turkey and you're not alone. Cold is better. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy to report that after 4 long years I finally was allowed to pet Momma Mia, the feral from work whose kittens I rescued. I TNR'd her 2 years ago.
MAJOR win!!! Those of us who understand, definitely get it. Maa, "our" resident semi-feral(?) matriarch, was never able to join us indoors as I would have wanted, but she did allow us finally to get her spayed and basic innoculations, and to join many of her progeny in our barn compound.
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG

Maa, and some of her progeny, and others who were unhoused before we moved to the Mojave. All of them were spayed/neutered, innoculated, and adopted and much loved by us.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Just take it one day at a time with this kitten. I know how you feel about the uncertainty due to not having financial stability right now. I feed 17 cats everyday and I have financial limitations. Sometimes I think I am dreaming-just how am I doing this? It feels like I am living on a wing and a prayer. I do the best I can with what I have to spend on the cats. I pray that you can help this kitty and find him a good home. Just stay hopeful. Hang in there. 🙂
CatladyJan CatladyJan Yay!!! :yess::thumbsup: It is one of the best feelings in the world when your feral trust you so much that they let you pet them. You earned Mamma Mia's trust and it took 2 years to get to that point. Now I have that ABBA in my head. Lol 🙂
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Right back at you! I loved the barn set up you had for Maa and her friends. A lot of love there. Like I said to CatLadyJan it is the best feeling when a feral final trusts you. Glad you were able to get those other kitties tnred, vetted, and adopted out. They were very lucky to have found you, especially Maa. ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Just take it one day at a time with this kitten. I know how you feel about the uncertainty due to not having financial stability right now. I feed 17 cats everyday and I have financial limitations. Sometimes I think I am dreaming-just how am I doing this? It feels like I am living on a wing and a prayer. I do the best I can with what I have to spend on the cats. I pray that you can help this kitty and find him a good home. Just stay hopeful. Hang in there. 🙂
CatladyJan CatladyJan Yay!!! :yess::thumbsup: It is one of the best feelings in the world when your feral trust you so much that they let you pet them. You earned Mamma Mia's trust and it took 2 years to get to that point. Now I have that ABBA in my head. Lol 🙂
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Right back at you! I loved the barn set up you had for Maa and her friends. A lot of love there. Like I said to CatLadyJan it is the best feeling when a feral final trusts you. Glad you were able to get those other kitties tnred, vetted, and adopted out. They were very lucky to have found you, especially Maa. ❤
TYSM and back at'cha again! Very sadly, it wasn't as good as that. My ex had decided to dump us all, and I had to scramble to find safe haven for everyone in the compound as this city where I had to move has quotas. I was able to find and I sent them there and paid monthly for their care but after a period of time the owner of the sanctuary dropped out of comm and I had a terrible time trying to find out what happened. She apparently snapped, and opened the doors of the sanctuary, freeing everyone there to the outdoors. I will never know for sure what happened to them; I know one was adopted immediately when they reached their destination, but the rest, I can only pray reached a safe haven. Responsible groups were called in to try to find, and save, everyone; but the outcome is unknown.
I can forgive my ex his harm to me, but never to them. May he deal with the Justice he will eventually find.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
TYSM and back at'cha again! Very sadly, it wasn't as good as that. My ex had decided to dump us all, and I had to scramble to find safe haven for everyone in the compound as this city where I had to move has quotas. I was able to find and I sent them there and paid monthly for their care but after a period of time the owner of the sanctuary dropped out of comm and I had a terrible time trying to find out what happened. She apparently snapped, and opened the doors of the sanctuary, freeing everyone there to the outdoors. I will never know for sure what happened to them; I know one was adopted immediately when they reached their destination, but the rest, I can only pray reached a safe haven. Responsible groups were called in to try to find, and save, everyone; but the outcome is unknown.
I can forgive my ex his harm to me, but never to them. May he deal with the Justice he will eventually find.
I am so sorry that things went the way they did. Not knowing can really play with your emotions. You go through all these thoughts of what you think happened and pray the worse case scenarios-never happened. Sorry to hear about your Ex's callousness to you and the kitties. That is a betrayal. Also sorry to hear the Sactuary owner snapped and let the cats out of her sanctuary. I pray that those kitties fared out better than you think. You never know. Here is a story that aired some years ago about a kitty who traveled 200 miles in Florida to get home. I hope you this makes you feel a little better. Cats are very good survivors, so you never know. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Well, I have it on good authority that Dolly is "not dumb, and not blonde" so that might extend to other things, too :crackup:
I think that her "other things" are real. My favorite Dolly quote, which I remember clearly from an interview, was, "Honey, it takes a LOT of time and money to look this trashy!" That's when I gained tremendous respect for her sense of humor!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Here some more photos so you can see how huge the cedar tree is. Landlord doesn't do outside maintenance so it's not going anywhere while he's around. The whole neighborhood is over 100 yrs old so there's lots of huge old trees. Our house was built around 1937 View attachment 436699
The tan brick in the background is the 12 unit apartment bldg we moved from. It was built in the 70's. We'd been there over 23 years.
View attachment 436698View attachment 436701View attachment 436700
Gypsy in the window.
Oooo, what a wonderful tree and house! Thanks for sharing! Looks like they are hugging each other….Is that a sycamore in foreground left?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
You can bring him near the litterbox when you think he's about to do his business. Then you show him how to dig by using your hand inside the litterbox without touching the litter in a digging manner or wear a glove and gently dig the litter for him to see. This will encourage him to dig.
I am doing that, but not during the day when I have to work. I initially thought he understood because he used the box one time, but unfortunately did his succeeding business outside the litterbox. I am containing him in the catio for now so he'd get familiarized with his litterbox. Downside is the other cats cannot use the catio at the moment. However, this morning he slipped from the catio and could not be found. So I had to leave without knowing where he was. I am bracing myself for poop everywhere when I get back home.

The Jackson Galaxy Method of getting cats to love their litterboxes (again) is to reduce their space: put the cat and litterbox in a small room, such as a bathroom, with of course all of his other needs. When he consistently uses his box for a period of time, you can increase his space. This can be repeated if he needs it. There is also Cat Attract litter that may help temporarily until he learns that that is the good place to go.
He is currently in the catio, contained there with food, water and his litterbox. I hope he gets to know where to poop and pee soon or otherwise no one will want to adopt him.

Just take it one day at a time with this kitten. I know how you feel about the uncertainty due to not having financial stability right now. I feed 17 cats everyday and I have financial limitations. Sometimes I think I am dreaming-just how am I doing this? It feels like I am living on a wing and a prayer. I do the best I can with what I have to spend on the cats. I pray that you can help this kitty and find him a good home. Just stay hopeful. Hang in there. 🙂
It really is hard. I get to work everyday but the salaries are delayed, way delayed. I am also feeding a colony of cats outside and I only feed wet food to them, plus my own cats inside. Everyday is a miracle to me. I hope that we can get through this somehow. I do hope so.

I am very sorry this has happened.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the litterbox too high for him to get in?
No, its just an average open litter box that he can easily climb into. The other higher one he managed to poop in there once (but never used again), but this other box is smaller and lower and he does not seem to have an issue with the height. The littersand is the same. He can climb up to the sofa and bed so I don't think he has issues with the height of the boxes.

I also changed the littersand this morning to another brand. I hope when I get home it would be a success. :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing that, but not during the day when I have to work. I initially thought he understood because he used the box one time, but unfortunately did his succeeding business outside the litterbox. I am containing him in the catio for now so he'd get familiarized with his litterbox. Downside is the other cats cannot use the catio at the moment. However, this morning he slipped from the catio and could not be found. So I had to leave without knowing where he was. I am bracing myself for poop everywhere when I get back home.

He is currently in the catio, contained there with food, water and his litterbox. I hope he gets to know where to poop and pee soon or otherwise no one will want to adopt him.

It really is hard. I get to work everyday but the salaries are delayed, way delayed. I am also feeding a colony of cats outside and I only feed wet food to them, plus my own cats inside. Everyday is a miracle to me. I hope that we can get through this somehow. I do hope so.

I am very sorry this has happened.
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for you.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::catrub::petcat::catlove::dizzycat::lovecat::lovecat2::cutecat:for all the kitty's.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:for :poop: in the litter box.
💖💝❤💓😽

Status
Not open for further replies.