My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Sorry I am absent but sick right now. Apparently the shipment I got in had been sprayed with something. I got a second shipment and have left it outside after using gloves to dispose of the outer boxes. The company admits something was used on the stuff but they don’t know what it is. So, to everyone, if you catch a scent from anything shipped in……. don’t touch it! I am guessing it was insecticide since there were ants and now I have found dead crickets in a box. I didn’t catch as much of the scent from the first load maybe because of the spoiled catfood? IDK but it made me itch and feel yucky. This last load was much stronger and I noticed quickly, made an immediate call. The rep was very concerned but could not provide more info. Suggested a blood test to figure out what chemicals! Lol This was NOT Chewy. Going to sign back out and finish chores.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Use an Umbrella! Birds recognize individuals. I think they may have a nest near or may be hoping to make you drop the cat food so they can eat it. If not an umbrella then a hoodie or hat to hide your face and give you a buffer. Long sleeves too. I used to have to try and fool the buzzards. A slight change in clothing or routine.
Be back as soon as I can.
Loads of love to everyone! Cat massage , nice relaxed stretch and smiles too!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope everything is better there and you are well again.

View attachment 427882View attachment 427883View attachment 427884View attachment 427885
It's really getting nightmarish! Not "getting"-- it IS. And it usually leads to someone "suggesting" you spend $$$ on something else to fix(?) the problem.
Wish I could say "Oh, it'll all be okay!" but I'm a realist. So *PRAYERS* for it to be okay without you having to spend MORE $$$.
May everyone at Chez Catbird be well and safe!
*Getting better here, but now facing another onslaught from the professional partiers next door.*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else see the German Shepherd dog standing on his hind legs watching the sun setting in those clouds?
:clap::clap2: Very good, you spotted the "Easter Egg" in the gif. Since I was posting pics about cat shaped clouds a few days ago, I came across this gif and thought it would be fun posting it. Don't worry you are not seeing things, the dog cloud is really there. It adds another level to the pic. ❤❤❤

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I am so sorry this is happening to you. I hope you feel better and that order can be replaced quickly. Also, it would be nice to know what chemicals were used on it. The bugs have been a nightmare over here. Ants, bees, and flies have been nearly intorable. I know you get the ants bad over there. I hope this summer passes a little quicker, I really am getting sick of icky summer weather and bugs. Yuck!

Hope everyone is doing well at Chez Catbird. Don't worry I am sure Banjo:bicolorcat: has got everything under control.😉 Well have a good night.:heartshape:

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote hope those nasty birds leave you alone. I have had some Robins attack a few of the cats I feed, but not me. They were protecting their young. I never had a bird attack me. My father was attacked by a bunch of Starlings once when he climbed a tree to get a kite down.
I hope you don't encounter any more problems with these birds. You may have to feed the ferals at another location. I have seen people on Nature channels where baseball caps turned around and either drew eyes on it or pasted big eyes on it. Make it look as intimidating as possible. That will hopeful put an end to the suprise attacks. The other option is tape record Hawk or another pedatory bird calls and play it before you feed and maybe that will drive them away. I hope that helps. Take care. :redheartpump:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I am still praying over your troubles with your rude neighbors and the noise coming from their house. Please don't let them stress you out. Hang in there. I suffered with some nasty neighbors and had prayers answered and they moved away. I pray the same for you. Take care. 🙂

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Good night.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone! Sorry I am absent but sick right now. Apparently the shipment I got in had been sprayed with something. I got a second shipment and have left it outside after using gloves to dispose of the outer boxes. The company admits something was used on the stuff but they don’t know what it is.
Oh dear!

IMG_5784.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you much, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose . They did it from noon until almost 10 last night. I asked to talk to the watch commander and we had a nice, 20-30 min. convo (must have been a slow day for him!) the upshot of which was predictable: "We need a victim." We would have to file a complaint and be identified to get them cited, which is a slap on the wrist anyway. Otherwise, if they drive by and can't hear it from the sidewalk -- must be some severely hearing-impaired officers here! because they didn't -- they won't do ANYTHING.
So I'm just as I was before. Nice talk with the Sergeant, though.
Jcatbird Jcatbird *PRAYERS* for you ALL. Ongoing.:hugs::hearthrob::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't seen Grumpy for the last couple of days, but he's been around, as Michele pointed out to me. There was a dead mouse lying on the deck; left as a display of his prowess, no doubt. The question now is whether to remove it or leave it for him to eat as an evening snack.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello ! Banjo is taking care of the human so I am handling the post. Banjo isn’t the only talented cat around here! Lol
DB3C6273-42F2-414A-BF6B-43C32E01F663.jpeg

Now, let’s see how you all like Bonjour photos!
EBE9BE4B-9DA0-44EE-9B40-8F953C468353.jpeg
19872DAD-5E37-4368-8328-CFCD9A10FE26.jpeg
A341F2F3-583A-4C6C-A41D-24D653A19306.jpeg
F73B7C6B-631B-4446-B5D6-C30048A62EF3.jpeg
CF891D4B-4A59-4B9A-B2D8-C6B876730A9D.jpeg
E337B38C-9130-47EE-A8B1-24EAE9CE356E.jpeg
A91C410A-0C6D-4D59-B303-1C552BC00A97.jpeg
FDB4BBDC-DAA3-4BCD-A3D8-ADCC7719ADBC.jpeg
E21379BE-C151-4BA3-B50C-8A43A88D5803.jpeg

Spoiler coming for two photos so skip if you don’t like stripes or beetles skip the next two pictures.

Spoiler alert!!!!! Beetle in next two photos! Friendly little beetle. I think she smiled in the second photo!
FCD2BC3B-19AA-428F-8DB9-F7C8DC9C115D.jpeg
78F7FF95-3460-4054-B854-42EC3CDEA47C.jpeg

So how did I do?
No smiles? Oh. Oops! Lol
F8CF98B4-E8BC-4B72-9173-D0203791E4AF.jpeg

Then how is this?
28F19BDB-A70A-40F0-AAB7-C6F6A11FDF08.jpeg

Did I rate okay? Ummm. Don’t tell Banjo I have her glasses….
Bonjour my friends! :dancingblackcat::purr::greenpaw:
The hooman will return and thanks everyone for being here and sending prayers and love! I’m sure she’ll be 100% after I sit on her head awhile. That always makes her laugh.

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now, let’s see how you all like Bonjour photos!
Gorgeous flower photos, Bonjour. :redheartpump: The orchids are beautiful, and since I'm a day lily fan, loved those pics too.

And speaking of day lilies, here's yesterday bloom. Its name is Gentle Shepherd.

1659351753477.png

The hooman will return and thanks everyone for being here and sending prayers and love! I’m sure she’ll be 100% after I sit on her head awhile. That always makes her laugh.
Tell the hooman she is missed, and is being sent love and healing vibes that she'll feel well again soon. :hearthrob::hearthrob:

Hope her hair didn't get messed up when you sat on her head. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.