My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My neighbor tells me her son spent $146.00 on the ones he bought and got another 100.00 plus for free from the vendor!
Poppycat did surprisingly well, I was pleased for him, thank you :).

Not only the money but I was trying to figure out where some of these people, who had enough for several hours, stored it all??!! Craziness.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went outside this morning to turn on the sprinklers in the front yard, I thought there was fog! but that is impossible with our weather conditions right now. Then it occurred to me that it is cordite (or whatever is like it in fireworks) hanging in the air from last night. They had the usual big pro displays and they went on until fairly late.As for the name of our town after we all move next to N NY cat man -- I vote for Felinopolis. :goldstar:Has a nice ring to it.
Elvis thanks you, Jcatbird Jcatbird -- he is very aware of his handsomeness and his charm, and he loves adulation, much like his namesake.
London Rocket is described as "peppery" but I don't taste that, being genetically predisposed to eat, and love, hot foods. My grandparents used to sit on their porch and eat chiles straight from the jar until the tears ran down their faces, I'm told.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Hmmmm. Well, in today’s market, I guess that price is not as bad as some. We are having a massive migration of people coming here too. I know people think this is sort of rural but it won’t be much longer. Everything is pushing this way. Just the massive display of fireworks last night was an indicator of new arrivals. The cats think we should put a big biosphere over the house. Lol Maybe we can travel inside a bubble. Take our turtle shell with us? :lol:

If NY empties out, there is our town! Lol:noway:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Banjo says her credit is always good and she can do some creative financing. She’ll help pan for gold too. Lol She also suggested putting mice in any house we want to buy but I told her that would not be acceptable. Banjo!!!!!!!!!!! :bicolorcat:🐭🐭🐹🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐹🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭 Ummm, Banjo, I think you have a couple of hamsters in there.:doh:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Felinopolis sounds good! There is some beautiful land out there. The cats would need their fur coats in winter but they would be extra floofy. Lol
We had a firework haze too. I woke up with a sore throat. I don’t do well around smoke and I could see fire pits scattered around last night. Maybe a nice pepper would get the juices flowing? Lol :lol:

:worship: Elvis.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I’m glad Poppy is okay! As for storing the fireworks, IDK but I saw the neighbor getting them out of the trunk of their car. :dunno: Probably as good a place as any? He had enough to shoot some every night for a week! I think he still has some too. His mom told me she made him stop before the time the noise ordinance law cuts in. Truthfully, I think he stopped because he knew I was coming. He probably thought I would fuss. I didn’t.;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A tiny house in the north of this state can go for 800,000 if it has an acre lot near a lake. A million plus is often a list price for 3 bedrooms even on a quarter of an acre! Ridiculous but with interest rates reportedly heading up, the house prices are dropping a little in some places. It’s a double edged sword for anyone wanting to relocate. Selling now is good but buying, not so much. I would want a quiet place for the kitties. Like it used to be here. We’ll see what happens. I do still come across some good deals but it takes a lot of searching! Maybe I should just let the cats do the searching. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When night is turned into day! No wonder cats run! The tiny light to the right middle of the second photo is a rocket being lit. Many were shot beside the highway and frightened drivers. The woods here are very dense but these were bright fireworks. Debris rained down. The other side of the highway was lit up as well.
68703E4D-976C-4EC8-AC5A-9DC3ADFAE518.jpeg

9A2DFF24-6297-49B4-8AE4-4A33C0C3D0B3.jpeg

6848EAF1-55F2-4427-B733-DFED194BD83A.jpeg

D199AE80-B769-4312-BA0E-F602390F838E.jpeg

26924DA4-A6A5-4D61-B38D-238DB27F0E25.jpeg

3DB0D528-DD6D-4AE8-898B-67D896D8EC8B.jpeg

4B44AB13-267E-493C-B8EC-8EA10FC71747.jpeg

B5950D16-1A50-4232-BB02-BCFB6D2B7A53.jpeg

54DDF1C3-2767-4283-8E65-A8E26AFFB116.jpeg

5170EC9A-5783-41EC-8D80-8673D42CD46F.jpeg

C6B8AD6F-C786-41A7-A47E-51B2AD3BF1C1.jpeg

3B7610B1-5D43-40AF-9093-7C0EAADBE8BB.jpeg

3DAC2F37-DAD6-430E-8035-E4CA6D89CF3F.jpeg

Oh my! The poor animals out there! Beautiful but only in the proper location. I understand drones were used to light up the skies instead of fireworks in some places. Great idea!
This makes it look like sunrise!
595B5FB8-883C-4AEE-A0C9-0FC0C2B4C42E.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
and others, the feral cat in the garage has been caught! :bunnydance: :woohoo:
Oh, that's great!
0F54D0BB-7345-49C0-8F5D-E19D646202BA$L0$001~photo.GIF

Banjo says her credit is always good and she can do some creative financing. She’ll help pan for gold too. Lol She also suggested putting mice in any house we want to buy but I told her that would not be acceptable. Banjo!!!!!!!!!!! :bicolorcat:🐭🐭🐹🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐹🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭 Ummm, Banjo, I think you have a couple of hamsters in there.:doh:
Alright, we'll depend on Banjo's financing and hamsters. I'm sure we'll get a pretty good deal with her hard bargaining skills :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, it certainly was an interesting evening. Two of my more idiot neighbors decided, once the small kids went in, to have a bottle rocket war. One was taken to the hospital via ambulance after a bottle rocket bounced off of the ground and shot up his shorts leg. While I am not certain, I think that his days of philandering are entirely over now. I actually saw the explosion, and I'm surprised that his insides are still inside. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS SORT OF THING???

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until very recently, the private possession of fireworks was illegal in NY. Michele's older brother would celebrate the 4th by taking his old WWII surplus M1 rifle, load it with 8 rounds of also surplus blank cartridges, and shoot them off, after dark, into the air. It was out in the country, with no close neighbors, so nobody cared very much. Besides, all of the closest neighbors were relatives.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird . First off a big :yess::woo:for Bitsy'smom finally capturing Oscar. I felt that it was going to finally happen soon, but things did look discouraging for quite awhile. That there is a lesson in preserverance and determination. So happy Oscar was finally caught.

Last night was like being in the middle of a war zone. No exaggeration. There were no fire works on my block, but on all the surrounding blocks- a ton of it. 😡 I was very annoyed and worried for the cats. I hope you find those missing cats. I had cats in the past not come to me the next day after 4th of July. Right now 4 are missing two females and two big males. I will be feeding soon again so maybe they will come to that feeding.

I hope you have better luck with the boxxed cans. You nailed it with how that happens. I hope this doesn't happen to you anymore, it is very gross and very frustrating. Well have a good night.

Take care everyone. ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I LOL'd when I read your projection of the possible outcome. *Hey, it could happen!* :shocked:
Jcatbird Jcatbird beautiful pix. Two locations ago, where they were legal and a lot of people would bring the really big ones up from Mexico, we decided that if we couldn't beat 'em, we'd join 'em (or my ex did--I think he always did this anyway) so he'd buy a bunch (not the big ones) and we'd let them off in our driveway, behind our gate. Our outdoor guys were street-smart and battle-hardened, and they'd find safe places if they needed to, but they were very casual about the whole thing. My ex was (is?) a private pilot and sometimes we'd go flying to see the stuff in the entire area. When we'd come back, it would be like a big war zone with all the cordite hanging in the air.
Even that is really cheap compared to what you'd pay for a house on a less than quarter-acre urban lot here. No lake, no land.
N NY cat man Beautiful Miss Eleanor is wise. And lovely.
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose *PRAYERS* for your cats to be safe and come in. They're probably wisely hiding until they're sure it's safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.