My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post anyone? I was resting up a bit and cooling off when I discovered I had a ring side seat to a wrestling match! Lol For anyone who has kitties that appear to be fighting…. this is not how a fight looks! This is loving, play fight.

Banjo needs a ba ath!
9FC37F1D-412E-4C53-802A-6773A6E83A5E.jpeg

Noooo. Whistle is a stinker!
B16CDE93-0C4D-4FCC-BDD6-B2D0DA1E296A.jpeg

Flying Whistle bottom! Lol
0A91F758-4E26-4165-83D2-F27614BBC0AC.jpeg

Whistle reaches to take Banjo around the neck but….
AB4541A0-3035-426C-BB28-5E4307382639.jpeg

Banjo turns the tables. She turns the Whistle too!
6993D86E-EDE7-4CB7-924C-A1EC602F5E5C.jpeg

Whistle rebounds!
3AF111C2-3A75-46DA-B1DF-7EF4068F54B8.jpeg

Whoops. Another expertly executed flip by Banjo…
872B4EAE-3BD5-442C-A344-C4B7115623DB.jpeg

And Whistle is down! Banjo tries to pin Whistle but…
5ADAB3CE-C375-426F-8330-688DF56DB229.jpeg

Whistle sees it coming…
FFA34C0E-C4FA-4CD1-951A-4224101E69A8.jpeg

And thwarts the pin down!
212C77E1-26CF-44FE-AA72-DEE5F52016C3.jpeg

Oh my! Whistle eggs Banjo on by sticking his tongue out at Banjo!
130A403B-CF80-446C-947A-FBBF51FD4089.jpeg

Banjo will not stand for that and
13CE0DA1-8908-41DB-88EE-B0A4CA17E9D1.jpeg

She gives Whistle a cherry belly. Well, maybe not a cherry belly exactly because….
763F8557-4E4E-4F23-A7B4-2FFB601C6822.jpeg

It seems to tickle! Yes, I think Whistle is laughing!
CDED16CE-6AF7-48F9-A788-DEA9FE2D7FE7.jpeg

And Whistle leaves the arena! Ummm, Big sister has won this round but both kitties seem to be smiling!
D2E3017A-B2A5-4A04-ADCE-F46DEE6CCD28.jpeg

No hissing or fussing. No growling! Lol This was all for fun. No kitty was harmed during this play fight but both appear to have gotten a good laugh.;)
For those who celebrate this day…. Happy Fourth of July!!
BF213B1B-0195-41E4-B498-837DBCAC3F24.jpeg

From Banjo, Thrasher and everyone at Chez Catbird, have a great day! 🎆
1CE2072F-C20B-4703-9671-1EF5AE92321A.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, let's cut to the chase. Once everything's complete, when are we moving in? .................................................:lol: :crackup::flail:

We are fine and doing ok J. Thanks for asking.

The laptop is still working after the reboot and hope that it'll continue to stay alive.

Hope that you have enough rest and so does the kitties and hope that Banjo is doping well too.

That's a lovely bloom and lovely shot!
"We"????

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari adorable little frogs! I know of a house full of cattos who would love to meet these little ones!;)
tabbytom tabbytom Oh, yes! "WE" absolutely!!! Although we'd need our own bathroom:crackup:
Jcatbird Jcatbird London Rocket isn't hot at all, strangely. It's a weed and the seeds can be ground for use in food. It really doesn't have much flavor, to me, though googling it yielded the info that it is "spicy." Something has to be paint-peeling hot before I even begin to call it "spicy."
There used to be a lily similar to that one here, but I haven't seen it for a long time.
Elvis is doing pretty well, considering, thanks. He's eating pretty well and spending a lot of time close to me. He is on my lap right now, curled. I love him so much.
IMG_0133.JPG

This is one of the pix sent to me by Elvis' dad when we were discussing him coming to be a part of our furmily. He was at the vet getting a checkup.
The pantry bugs are tiny brown flying beetles in the weevil family.16 Types of Pantry Bugs (With Pictures) - Identification and Treatment There are many kinds, and all of them are undoubtedly very annoying!!!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I am okay and hanging in there. Thanks for sharing the pics of Whistle and Banjo. I hope there isn't too much fireworks by you. 🙏Say a little pray for my outdoor kitties, we have some diehard firework revelers around my block and it always sounds like a war zone. Fireworks were lit yesterday while I was feeding the cats. They were very nervous. I will be feeding them soon, I hope the fireworks doesn't start up by then. Wishing you a peaceful Fourth of July. 🇺🇸❤🤍💙
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote So happy to hear your cousin is doing much better. I hope you two become close again. So happy to hear that Graham is returning to his old ways and seems okay. Maybe he was just a little under the weather. I had seen this too with cat behavior and it was either moodiness or feeling under the weather that were the factors involved. TG he is back to normal.🙂
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thanks for the list of pantry bugs. I don't hate Summer, but between the heat and the icky bugs it makes me love it less. I especially have problems with slugs and ants getting into the outdoor cats' bowls.🤢🤮 Also, watch out for the boxxed canned cat food, I had a few incidents in the summer months where their were busted cans and maggots in it. I think Jcatbird recently talked about her encounters with this recently on this thread. This is why I try to buy individual cans from the pet store to be on the safe side. Hope you can get the insect problem in your pantry under control. Very annoying problem, believe me I know.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great day. To those who celebrate-HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! 🇺🇲

july4-america.gif

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 How about you and the kitties there? Everyone okay? Kittens giving you a run? Gracie?
Yes kittens giving me a run! But many more laughs. This morning I think a switch flipped on, Squealy and Alison had maximum warp speed zoomies. Almost a kitty crab walk also. I laughed and laughed. The boy is now Red Zeppelin, not Fred, since he's orange; and he's decided he doesn't like the Hill's food the shelter sent. After over a week. So got some Fancy Feast and others to try. Silly boy!

i've been dropping in and reading some, saw bugs in the food, gorgeous lillies, bathroom progress...and will be back hopefully tonight to read more and add pictures the the Foster thread.

Gracie having some side effects from Amlodipine, not eating as much so giving more Mirataz.
Later!
Hello everyone and hope things are well and as well as they can be!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes kittens giving me a run! But many more laughs. This morning I think a switch flipped on, Squealy and Alison had maximum warp speed zoomies. Almost a kitty crab walk also. I laughed and laughed. The boy is now Red Zeppelin, not Fred, since he's orange; and he's decided he doesn't like the Hill's food the shelter sent. After over a week. So got some Fancy Feast and others to try. Silly boy!

i've been dropping in and reading some, saw bugs in the food, gorgeous lillies, bathroom progress...and will be back hopefully tonight to read more and add pictures the the Foster thread.

Gracie having some side effects from Amlodipine, not eating as much so giving more Mirataz.
Later!
Hello everyone and hope things are well and as well as they can be!
*PRAYERS* and best thoughts of a return to good health for Gracie! :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You laugh, tabbytom tabbytom . But trust me. Feral and rescued cats want and need their accomodations. Elvis now has five, count 'em, five, catboxes. Now I could think about removing one, or two, maybe even three. But I wouldn't. Because he likes a clean box every time. And he likes a different view. Think of it like a big guy in a blue suit reading the paper in the bathroom. I don't know why they do it either. But some do.
IMG_2440.JPG

*Whut. WHUT?!!*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Elvis now has five, count 'em, five, catboxes. Now I could think about removing one, or two, maybe even three. But I wouldn't. Because he likes a clean box every time.
heh, now I don't feel so bad (not that I really did) - yep, here too :) . One cat, five boxes :heartshape:

Happy Fourth of July!!
And to you and everybody as well, even though the day is winding down here (while the big mortar shell ones and other types of in-the-air totally illegal by individuals but still shot off fireworks around town (inhale) are winding up and it isn't even dark yet).

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
heh, now I don't feel so bad - yep, here too :) . One cat, five boxes :heartshape:

And to you and everybody as well, even though the day is winding down here (while the big mortar shell ones and other types of in-the-air totally illegal by individuals but still shot off fireworks around town (inhale) are winding up and it isn't even dark yet).
Here too! a$$ wholes just 4 houses down are setting them off in the alley. We are surrounded by individuals shooting them off, air reeks, stench is horrible. Gypsy has gotten better dealing with the sound and isn't as terrified as in years past .

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
You laugh, tabbytom tabbytom . But trust me. Feral and rescued cats want and need their accomodations. Elvis now has five, count 'em, five, catboxes. Now I could think about removing one, or two, maybe even three. But I wouldn't. Because he likes a clean box every time. And he likes a different view. Think of it like a big guy in a blue suit reading the paper in the bathroom. I don't know why they do it either. But some do. View attachment 425244
*Whut. WHUT?!!*
:loveeyes: :jive::happycat::popcorn::thud::redheartpump::hearthrob: :blush: :clap:Gypsy says 'Hubba Hubba Elvis!" :clap2: :kiss::touched::bouquet:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Yes. We. :flail: Any land for sale next to you! We may need it.:alright:
Lolololololololololol!

tabbytom tabbytom Excellent idea. I wonder if we can purchase an entire town?:headscratch: If we had help from N NY cat man Would that make it Catmando? Catmancando?:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I hope you had a great day! We did have a huge amount of fireworks here!!! I have never had the ALL the cats be upset but tonight I spent a good part of it on the floor with kitties. A few are still hiding. My neighbor was the worst of all but when I had gotten my fill, I called and offered the parents some fresh produce as a gift. Lol When I walked iver, the son that had been causing all the noise had suddenly gone to bed!:lol: The fireworks ended and I helped his elderly parents figure out why their AC had gone out. (They thought it was the thermostat batteries and had changed them three times) Simply a tripped breaker. All is well that ends well! An olive branch extended can work wonders.

Lari Lari Awwwwww! Adorable Froggies! Thank you! I love the pictures and as soon as Banjo is relaxed again, I will show her the photos! She will love them. She could use a smile right about now.:hugs:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Aiiii! I have seen weevils long ago and a few of the other bugs on the list. Yuck! The one that shocked me the most was the “Drug store” pantry bug! Noooo! I just had not thought of a big attacking drugs but…. blah!!! Lol
London Rocket. Okay. I do know of plants in the family so it is like Arugula. Peppery? Not paint peeling hot though.
That lily is Turks cap and it was planted here by some creature or storm bringing the seeds. Thanks go to Mother Nature.
Elvis! You look very calm in that photo considering you were at the vet office! I am glad you are eating and doing well. Also glad you are curled with your hooman. You are taking good care of our friend. Thank you Elvis! Such a wonderful blue man cat.

strider rose strider rose I am glad you liked seeing the photos of Banjo and Whistle play fighting. They make me laugh. Whistle has a super power. He can defy gravity with his flips! Of course, Banjo helps.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Oh my. I hope the kitties there aren’t too frightened. I often feed the neighbor cats and I haven’t seen them. Hiding I suppose. I like fireworks in the proper place but neighborhoods are not the proper place, IMHO. Prayers said and will continue.

You found maggots too? Yuck!!! More and more I am getting burst cans and/or bad food for me and the cats. It seems to be a combination of poor storage/ warehouse backlog and tough delivery system. I can’t really shop by buying single cans because I buy too many but I wish I could! I would need a conveyor belt to get them out of the store! Lol

pearl99 pearl99 The kittens must be adorable! All kittens are but I love the kitty crab walk! It always makes me laugh. Warp speed zoomies? I call that fur blur.:lol: Red Zeppelin? I love the name!
Awww, Gracie! Please feel better fast! Sending purrs.
New kitten photos? I will have to go and look. Like you, time is short but I want to see!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote How are you, Graham and your cousin?!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I just made it down to the second photo of Elvis.:lol: Love that! He is a handsome Blue man! Your post about his many boxes made me smile. Newspaper to read too?!?! It’s not a bathroom, it’s the library.

Furballsmom Furballsmom If only I could have five litter boxes….:cloud9::lol: Even twenty five would be nice. lol I will settle for thirty?
Of dear. Battle zone fireworks here too. Poor Poppy. I hope it wasn’t too upsetting. They are illegal here too but just across the state line there are vendors everywhere. My neighbor tells me her son spent $146.00 on the ones he bought and got another 100.00 plus for free from the vendor! Am I breaking the law when I post this? :fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming: Lol Happy fourth anyway!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That catoons are really cute! I laughed at the ,”Hubba , hubba Elivs”. I guess the lady cats will be getting lined up for Elvis!!

A note to any and all warehouse owners: Please hire cats! Feed them and let them work as guardians of the warehouse at night! They make excellent pest control and you will be doing a great service by saving cats! You scratch their backs and they will scratch out the pests!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Yes. We. :flail: Any land for sale next to you! We may need it.:alright:
Lolololololololololol!

tabbytom tabbytom Excellent idea. I wonder if we can purchase an entire town?:headscratch: If we had help from N NY cat man Would that make it Catmando? Catmancando?:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I hope you had a great day! We did have a huge amount of fireworks here!!! I have never had the ALL the cats be upset but tonight I spent a good part of it on the floor with kitties. A few are still hiding. My neighbor was the worst of all but when I had gotten my fill, I called and offered the parents some fresh produce as a gift. Lol When I walked iver, the son that had been causing all the noise had suddenly gone to bed!:lol: The fireworks ended and I helped his elderly parents figure out why their AC had gone out. (They thought it was the thermostat batteries and had changed them three times) Simply a tripped breaker. All is well that ends well! An olive branch extended can work wonders.

Lari Lari Awwwwww! Adorable Froggies! Thank you! I love the pictures and as soon as Banjo is relaxed again, I will show her the photos! She will love them. She could use a smile right about now.:hugs:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Aiiii! I have seen weevils long ago and a few of the other bugs on the list. Yuck! The one that shocked me the most was the “Drug store” pantry bug! Noooo! I just had not thought of a big attacking drugs but…. blah!!! Lol
London Rocket. Okay. I do know of plants in the family so it is like Arugula. Peppery? Not paint peeling hot though.
That lily is Turks cap and it was planted here by some creature or storm bringing the seeds. Thanks go to Mother Nature.
Elvis! You look very calm in that photo considering you were at the vet office! I am glad you are eating and doing well. Also glad you are curled with your hooman. You are taking good care of our friend. Thank you Elvis! Such a wonderful blue man cat.

strider rose strider rose I am glad you liked seeing the photos of Banjo and Whistle play fighting. They make me laugh. Whistle has a super power. He can defy gravity with his flips! Of course, Banjo helps.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Oh my. I hope the kitties there aren’t too frightened. I often feed the neighbor cats and I haven’t seen them. Hiding I suppose. I like fireworks in the proper place but neighborhoods are not the proper place, IMHO. Prayers said and will continue.

You found maggots too? Yuck!!! More and more I am getting burst cans and/or bad food for me and the cats. It seems to be a combination of poor storage/ warehouse backlog and tough delivery system. I can’t really shop by buying single cans because I buy too many but I wish I could! I would need a conveyor belt to get them out of the store! Lol

pearl99 pearl99 The kittens must be adorable! All kittens are but I love the kitty crab walk! It always makes me laugh. Warp speed zoomies? I call that fur blur.:lol: Red Zeppelin? I love the name!
Awww, Gracie! Please feel better fast! Sending purrs.
New kitten photos? I will have to go and look. Like you, time is short but I want to see!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote How are you, Graham and your cousin?!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I just made it down to the second photo of Elvis.:lol: Love that! He is a handsome Blue man! Your post about his many boxes made me smile. Newspaper to read too?!?! It’s not a bathroom, it’s the library.

Furballsmom Furballsmom If only I could have five litter boxes….:cloud9::lol: Even twenty five would be nice. lol I will settle for thirty?
Of dear. Battle zone fireworks here too. Poor Poppy. I hope it wasn’t too upsetting. They are illegal here too but just across the state line there are vendors everywhere. My neighbor tells me her son spent $146.00 on the ones he bought and got another 100.00 plus for free from the vendor! Am I breaking the law when I post this? :fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming: Lol Happy fourth anyway!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That catoons are really cute! I laughed at the ,”Hubba , hubba Elivs”. I guess the lady cats will be getting lined up for Elvis!!

A note to any and all warehouse owners: Please hire cats! Feed them and let them work as guardians of the warehouse at night! They make excellent pest control and you will be doing a great service by saving cats! You scratch their backs and they will scratch out the pests!
Next to us? No, and it seems that houses around here don't stay on the market very long. People from the larger cities- one next-door neighbor is from NYC, for Pete's sake- are bailing to smaller towns, ours among them. She paid over $130,000 for a 900 square foot house, and thought it a bargain.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Excellent idea. I wonder if we can purchase an entire town?:headscratch: If we had help from N NY cat man N NY cat man Would that make it Catmando? Catmancando?:lol:
Purchase the entire town? Hmmmm..............We have to check Banjo's credit line first...................:crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.