My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A cousin was rushed to the ICU so I have to be there. We are both very far away from our own country and our own families, so I am the only one he has got here. Be back, folks.
Hope nothing's to serious for your cousin too.

Prayers sent
2a74cd9c373055585680949aca53513c.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went to the hospital yesterday and was granted a few minutes inside the ICU. My cousin is out of the woods but he could not yet talk well so I did not ask him a lot of questions. He just nodded as I talked and talked. I will check on him later as I was informed he will be transferred to a private room soon.

Graham looked better, because she was back to her usual running around and climbing here and there. But last night I handfed her when I got home because I felt I just needed to. Felt like I missed her a lot. She is not that 100% yet (in my opinion although the hubby said she looked fine already) but if she remains this way to me then I believe I need to have her checked just to ease my mind.

I just miss her "drop dead" acting each time I call her name. She isn't doing that again yet.

Have a blessed Sunday, peeps!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went to the hospital yesterday and was granted a few minutes inside the ICU. My cousin is out of the woods but he could not yet talk well so I did not ask him a lot of questions. He just nodded as I talked and talked. I will check on him later as I was informed he will be transferred to a private room soon.

Graham looked better, because she was back to her usual running around and climbing here and there. But last night I handfed her when I got home because I felt I just needed to. Felt like I missed her a lot. She is not that 100% yet (in my opinion although the hubby said she looked fine already) but if she remains this way to me then I believe I need to have her checked just to ease my mind.

I just miss her "drop dead" acting each time I call her name. She isn't doing that again yet.

Have a blessed Sunday, peeps!
Good news about your cousin and hoping and praying Graham is well and happy. Cats are VERY intuitive and perhaps she is sensing what is going on with your cousin.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks beautiful, N NY cat man ! How do your wife and your feral and rescued cats like it so far?;)
The cats have shown no more than their usual interest in the proceedings. Digger made a cursory drive by, Miss Eleanor just stuck her head in, while the rest ignored it all- in other words, typical cats. Michele, on the other hand, is quite pleased.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats have shown no more than their usual interest in the proceedings. Digger made a cursory drive by, Miss Eleanor just stuck her head in, while the rest ignored it all- in other words, typical cats. Michele, on the other hand, is quite pleased.
Yeah! Feral and rescued cats, like just about all cats, do probably appreciate having beautiful and practical environments, as well as larger refrigerators and bigger cat food cupboards. Very glad the reactions are all good so far! I like the light fixture.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished cleaning out my spice drawer and most of the pantry cupboard because we had an infestation of "pantry bugs"--as I learned they're called. Oh, they're horrible!!! They even got into a closed saver for pasta *I think they were IN the pasta when I bought it.* and I have had to throw out SO MUCH food, dry goods, pasta, cereals, even spices. Just awful. I guess it's good I have roomies, and a schedule, and can't really spend much time cooking so don't make my favorite dishes any more because I have no more London Rocket and I don't think the store I go to has it.:bawling:
Feral and rescued cats, though, don't care at all about this. And since there is only one rescued cat here now, there's even less care about it.
IMG_1988.JPG

*An absolutely couldn't-care-less Elvis*

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I saw that one of our fancy daylilies had it's first blossom opened, so I grabbed my camera to get a picture. As I rounded the corner where the Widow's Tears are, I caught a glimpse of orange, and, sure enough, there was Grumpy. He had let me walk by, only a couple of feet away, when often I can't get within 10 feet of him. I guess he was just too comfortable where he was.
IMG_2107.JPG

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished cleaning out my spice drawer and most of the pantry cupboard because we had an infestation of "pantry bugs"--as I learned they're called. Oh, they're horrible!!! They even got into a closed saver for pasta *I think they were IN the pasta when I bought it.* and I have had to throw out SO MUCH food, dry goods, pasta, cereals, even spices. Just awful. I guess it's good I have roomies, and a schedule, and can't really spend much time cooking so don't make my favorite dishes any more because I have no more London Rocket and I don't think the store I go to has it.:bawling:
Feral and rescued cats, though, don't care at all about this. And since there is only one rescued cat here now, there's even less care about it.
View attachment 425100
*An absolutely couldn't-care-less Elvis*
So sorry about the bugs. I agree, I think they come in packages from the factory. :touched:Such an adorable Elvis :hearthrob::hearthrob::redheartpump::loveeyes::heartshape::purr:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, especially tabbytom tabbytom , dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 , Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose , tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . Appreciate it. She seemed a bit better this morning and chased some insect. She is still eating normally. I just miss the naughty Graham. I cannot bring her to the vet now. Something came up in urgency. A cousin was rushed to the ICU so I have to be there. We are both very far away from our own country and our own families, so I am the only one he has got here. Be back, folks.

Everyone here particularly Jcatbird Jcatbird and Banjo, hope everything is ok.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape::touched:

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are VERY intuitive and perhaps she is sensing what is going on with your cousin.
Didn't think about that. Probably you're right, because when I got back home last night she started "talking and talking" again from the time I entered the door until before sleeping. I had to beg her to shut up. LOL. And she ate a lot last night. In fact, wanted for more. I was so happy.

THANK YOU. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Banjo is okay. She has been nervous along with all the others. Heat and fireworks.I have to say, the heat is getting me too. Mostly if I have to shop. Stuck in traffic with no air. Lol I think iI had someone come to help me replace the AC in the cat room so I can move the portable unit to the Bears room. The son of someone I grew up with. Rare occurrence. The AC I got had a bad plug so we spent four hours returning it! The people at the store were nice but the system was slow. I think it dislikes the heat too! An employee brought me a rocking chair. Ummmm, feeling hot and old? :lol: Nice chair though!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am so glad you got to visit your cousin!! I hope the road to recovery is swift. Graham might just need some extra TLC and that hand feeding. I know Graham loves to be fed that way so maybe that will be just what she needs to continue perking up. You know cats are so intuitive. I am wondering if the cousin that got sick is the one who watched over her? Maybe Graham just feels sympathetic to your cousin and to you as well. A check up would ease your mind and certainly not be wasted. Hugs to you, cousin and Graham! :hugs::petcat:Prayers said too.🙏

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Ditto to all!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Yes! I just read what you wrote and we had the same thought that Graham is a very intuitive kitty.

N NY cat man The progress is great! I know it must be gratifying to see the improvements moving along. The kitties…. Digger did a drive by? :flail:Miss Eleanor may have just peeked in but I bet she is admiring the work. If Michelle is pleased, you have a happy top cat there and I know that makes you happy too.
Grumpy!!!! That looks like such a nice green, cool spot for a nap. Daylily colored too!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I laughed. Kitties here really do like more cupboard space! Especially Banjo.
Pantry bugs? Are thise like tiny flies? I am so sorry the food was ruined! I have been seeing lots of spoiled cat food coming in. It’s very frustrating and super stinky! When I buy cases of 60 I can’t see deep into the box so I don’t know that cans in the middle have burst until…. Ewww! It hit me especially hard today. Feeling a little yuck and then…..I pulled out some bad cans. There were tiny little , maybe fruit/pantry flies inside the box and they scattered. Bonjour ran! I would have but no cat volunteered to take it out to the trash. Can’t blame them ! I didn’t want to touch it either. It sounds like you lost a lot of food! Such a waste. Is London Rocket a hot spice?
How is Mr. Elvis doing? He looks so relaxed in the picture. Hugs to all the hoomans there and to Elvis.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That’s cute! It made me think of Banjo and Whistle. Lol Whistle is all about ham and we all know that Banjo has lots of ideas about what she can do! I hope you get the move finished soon. Sending more packing vibes.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope you are doing well!

pearl99 pearl99 How about you and the kitties there? Everyone okay? Kittens giving you a run? Gracie?

strider rose strider rose I think Banjo must have altered your post of Mackie. She loves joking around with Mack.

tabbytom tabbytom How are things with you and January? Is your computer still working?

I was watching a neighbors cat and caught this in the garden. It’s a very tall growing plant snd the flowers are pretty.
199387CC-4B30-4812-A3BE-7C83C98E4639.jpeg
095BFFB9-D57F-4AD6-848A-2CF82819BFAB.jpeg

From this angle it made me think of some sort of sea creature. Lol
95974455-FC34-482E-A8E1-91B9A4CD83AC.jpeg

Then again, another angle looked more like some strange butterfly. Lol
67B3E6D6-5AE5-4149-A916-03004E3BFBB1.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if the cousin that got sick is the one who watched over her?
No, he is a different cousin. I have 2 cousins here overseas. This one who got sick refused to talk to us in years, for reasons we do not know of. I tried reaching out to him before on several occasions but he always had an excuse not to see us. We found out that he was in the hospital from another person, a friend of his. My other cousin knew of it first (the one who watched over my cats) and he rushed immediately to the hospital. I found out the next day, so i also came without hesitation. I told my sick cousin that we are family, and whatever it is bugging him he should forget about it and always, always come to us first - his blood relatives.

That is a BEAUTIFUL FLOWER! Oh my! What is the name of that magnificent orange beauty?

I am so happy Banjo is ok.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
More progress, if only a little.
Ok, let's cut to the chase. Once everything's complete, when are we moving in? .................................................:lol: :crackup::flail:

How are things with you and January? Is your computer still working?
We are fine and doing ok J. Thanks for asking.

The laptop is still working after the reboot and hope that it'll continue to stay alive.

Hope that you have enough rest and so does the kitties and hope that Banjo is doping well too.

I was watching a neighbors cat and caught this in the garden. It’s a very tall growing plant snd the flowers are pretty.
That's a lovely bloom and lovely shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.