My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That’s great that your sons have promised that. A cat can keep us aware and bring us much health and comfort when things are a bit blurry.;)
rubysmama rubysmama I hear that being a middle child can be difficult but it looks like being the middle kitten is the best spot to have! Lol I would love to be the middle kitten. Of course, being at the bottom of a cat pile is pretty nice too! Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have a memory of eating out somewhere that served the food in a small skillet! It was good too!! We were on a trip somewhere so it wasn’t here. Too bad. I would still eat there. Lol
Corn, cheese and rice. Sounds wonderful! I would love that!
Froggie is still here. Banjo is spending a lot of time with the main group of kitties. I have had to divide up the groups to sort of islolate some for health safety measures. The supplier of the litter that was weird suggested it could contain mites! Yuck! I don’t want to spread anything if that is the case. We still don’t know for sure but the supplier sent me ten boxes of litter and I replaced everything! New boxes and scrubbing continue. I am doing a scrub down with Clorox, steam cleaning and washing everything! We are also about to do a whole Clowder treatment for that and for all parasites! To do a thorough cleaning after that will take time so I will do it by sections. I am facing doing that at least twice more over the next couple of months. These cats are getting the full treatment. Chez Catbird Beauty salon and spa for kitties. Lol Froggie is patient and I got Banjo her Froggie toys to keep her company for now. The frog toys take turns swimming in the washing machine!

Lari Lari I just had you on my mind last night. How are things? How is J?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile post? It seems like someone has been waiting to get into TCS!

725E3A2E-2E9A-4576-B852-1988417050ED.jpeg

It’s boring just laying around while the hooman scrubs.
AE8E2A55-F522-495F-B0CB-7149C809739A.jpeg

Hey! I hear something!
903E0E0C-F50C-464B-A307-C27B1AE75FCE.jpeg

Was that the tap, tap of texting?
C6FB52A8-9501-4809-BF1D-B2062EE0C215.jpeg

Let’s see.
63633E89-A54D-40E0-947C-0A87216E71D6.jpeg

By golly! I see the phone!
250758E9-AB33-4795-A904-E1B64C3B9E56.jpeg

Have you been holding out on me Hooman?
D68D22A5-AB02-4992-A2AD-AD54E405B379.jpeg

There are posts that I missed?
01BF2443-4D13-4878-AA33-2325CCBE06D7.jpeg

This just won’t do!
2A581E45-EFAB-476A-9E8A-C32FEAF09AD5.jpeg

You let me just lay around bored?!?!
7215A6A7-E514-4659-ACD6-20F1CED2CE98.jpeg

I have to get caught up!
83928E28-3D7E-44BA-9F9A-F64EC4117DB4.jpeg

Awwwww! I missed seeing a bunny? How adorable!
373E9E7F-99DB-4C42-8434-5922AAFE5199.jpeg

Where is Whistle? He can’t hear this.
99D5F91F-33C1-4CE3-B80B-0DAD4033A5EE.jpeg

I want a bunny!!! Can everyone on TCS send bunnies?
1D089133-19E0-44DB-A3FF-D35AC8672D75.jpeg

What hooman? No, don’t worry about Whistle. I have a plan.
F082AEA7-FF42-482A-BE8D-EDF0B2ED36E9.jpeg

Okay everyone! If you send a bunny, make it a bunny in a box.
1AED03B4-CDBE-4BD9-A892-3F87C98B4B07.jpeg

See hooman? If they come in a box, we can tell Whistle they are just box turtles.
F5C9EC94-A738-4342-9991-8C284955F478.jpeg

Banjo!!!!!!!!
No bunnies except online bunnies please!
🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇:bicolorcat:🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇 :doh: Hiding my credit card now!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile post? It seems like someone has been waiting to get into TCS!

View attachment 421121
It’s boring just laying around while the hooman scrubs.
View attachment 421122
Hey! I hear something!
View attachment 421123
Was that the tap, tap of texting?
View attachment 421124
Let’s see.
View attachment 421125
By golly! I see the phone!
View attachment 421126
Have you been holding out on me Hooman?
View attachment 421127
There are posts that I missed?
View attachment 421130
This just won’t do!
View attachment 421131
You let me just lay around bored?!?!
View attachment 421132
I have to get caught up!
View attachment 421134
Awwwww! I missed seeing a bunny? How adorable!
View attachment 421135
Where is Whistle? He can’t hear this.
View attachment 421136
I want a bunny!!! Can everyone on TCS send bunnies?
View attachment 421137
What hooman? No, don’t worry about Whistle. I have a plan.
View attachment 421138
Okay everyone! If you send a bunny, make it a bunny in a box.
View attachment 421139
See hooman? If they come in a box, we can tell Whistle they are just box turtles.
View attachment 421140
Banjo!!!!!!!!
No bunnies except online bunnies please!
🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇:bicolorcat:🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇 :doh: Hiding my credit card now!
Well, Banjo, you may not want to tell Whistle, but there are rabbits with small ears who look almost like, dare I say, KITTENS! I would share the google search results for "rabbits with small ears" but the URL is outlandlishly long. You can ask your mom, though, if it's all right to input that. You'll see some very small-eared bunnies if you do!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I just had you on my mind last night. How are things? How is J?
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. Things are okay, I guess. J keeps me on my toes a lot. She's also wanting to eat a lot more so may be getting ready to go through a growth spurt. I've been trialing melted cheese with her which seems to be going okay, though she's got a minor rash around her nose and eyes. Not sure if it's from the cheese, or seasonal allergies , or I'm not cleaning her face well enough. I try to read along and play wordle, but don't always know what to say.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! There is a Peanut Butter recall! :eek::gaah:Possible Salmonella! Beware and check your brand if you love peanut butter! Oh no! I have lots of peanut butter. Yes. Mine is on the list. Bagging it to take to the trash now! CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Peanut Butter

315AFE48-01F1-4840-8E48-960AF3840C78.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone! There is a Peanut Butter recall! :eek::gaah:Possible Salmonella! Beware and check your brand if you love peanut butter! Oh no! I have lots of peanut butter. Yes. Mine is on the list. Bagging it to take to the trash now! CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Peanut Butter
Thanks for the heads up. We have this brand here too but I've never bought this brand before.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Jcatbird Jcatbird yes, I heard about the Jif peanut butter recall the other day over a Samonella outbreak. I think there has been a lot of recalls in the last year alone. I have gotten sick from salad mix that was recalled over the presence of Listeria some months ago. No fun! 🤢 I felt very bad about the baby formula recall as of late, but the military just brought over 70 tons of it from over seas that will be available next week. Stay safe -you and everyone here, be cautious with your food products.

Banjo looks good. Thanks for the pics I hope they get her treatment figured out and that the issue will be taken care once and for all. Glad you got a good chuckle over the kitty/turtle gif. I wonder what the turtle is thinking , too?

If you can say a little pray for me I appreciate. I have some crazy things going on. Thanks.

Have a good week everyone. Take care. :happycat::heartshape:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There is a Peanut Butter recall! :eek::gaah:Possible Salmonella! Beware and check your brand if you love peanut butter! Oh no! I have lots of peanut butter. Yes. Mine is on the list. Bagging it to take to the trash now! CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Peanut Butter
Thanks so much for the recall information, I had no idea and hadn't heard about it on the news. :eek2: I love peanut butter too! In fact, I just opened a new jar and fortunately the brand I use is not on the list.

If you can say a little pray for me I appreciate. I have some crazy things going on. Thanks.
Prayer duly noted and special thoughts too. 🙏 :vibes:Whatever crazy things are happening I hope they end for you soon.:hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Banjo is doing okay right now. She is still on the lactulose and getting all the goodies she wants to eat. She has been more playful and I am hoping we will make her much better.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 If Banjo and Froggie had a baby….. this is it! Shhh. Don’t tell Whistle! LolDon’t tell me what?
2A67C1AE-7A76-4E19-A9AE-08D59295EEC5.jpeg

Ahahahahaha! That can’t happen!
9AEBF7DA-B21D-4441-8B75-21D8A19A2011.jpeg

tabbytom tabbytom Banjo has a message.
B6840092-0A95-4A09-97B7-FCE802FED26C.jpeg

Hi January!!! Waving back!
B3076446-C617-4442-B62C-E5ECD4EDFBF6.jpeg

Very glad you don’t buy that brand. I have already eaten some! That jar is half empty so it seems like if mine was bad, I would already be sick. Hoping it was not bad! Lol

Lari Lari I know she does keep you on your toes! Lol Children become very active at that age! Lol She is starting to be more self aware too? I hope she can eat cheese. It’s so yummy. I do remember my days of constantly wiping a little face. Looking back, it’s a wonder I didn’t wipe her face off! Lol She was very tolerant of my constant cleaning but once in awhile she did turn away from that damp cloth coming at her. :lol: I’m not sure whether to wish for the skin thing to be cheese or seasonal allergies. We can avoid cheese! I seriously doubt that you are not cleaning her face enough. Baby faces get messy quick so….nearly impossible to keep them spotless. That comes later. Wishing that whatever it is, it will go away as she grows. A spurt? They do have spurts!
No need to say anything. I just wanted to check in because I have been thinking about you all. I am very glad to hear you are all okay.:hugs:

neely neely I am so glad you buy a different brand! I love peanut butter and eat it daily because it is one of the things that I can digest well, is gluten free and high protein! Oops! I saw a limited recall on Skippy too. I think it is very limited. I saw that on the Skippy website. The Jif was sold all over the US and now I see it is recalled in Canada too,

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I had salmonella so I guess that was similar to listeria. Major yucky! I could not shake it and ended up sick for months! I don’t want it again!
I really laughed over the kitten on the turtle! Turtle Roomba? Taxi! :lol: Drive me to the cat food.
Prayers have not ever stopped for you. I may be busy here but never too busy for that. I’ll add a bit more now. Be confident that you will get through this. Hang in there.:vibes:🙏

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Lari Lari I know she does keep you on your toes! Lol Children become very active at that age! Lol She is starting to be more self aware too? I hope she can eat cheese. It’s so yummy. I do remember my days of constantly wiping a little face. Looking back, it’s a wonder I didn’t wipe her face off! Lol She was very tolerant of my constant cleaning but once in awhile she did turn away from that damp cloth coming at her. :lol: I’m not sure whether to wish for the skin thing to be cheese or seasonal allergies. We can avoid cheese! I seriously doubt that you are not cleaning her face enough. Baby faces get messy quick so….nearly impossible to keep them spotless. That comes later. Wishing that whatever it is, it will go away as she grows. A spurt? They do have spurts!
No need to say anything. I just wanted to check in because I have been thinking about you all. I am very glad to hear you are all okay.:hugs:

neely neely neely neely I am so glad you buy a different brand! I love peanut butter and eat it daily because it is one of the things that I can digest well, is gluten free and high protein! Oops! I saw a limited recall on Skippy too. I think it is very limited. I saw that on the Skippy website. The Jif was sold all over the US and now I see it is recalled in Canada too,
It could be a heat rash/from sweat as well. I'm keeping an eye on it.

I buy the Smuckers Natural, so I think I'm good on the peanut butter recall front.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi January!!! Waving back!
January is happy to see Banjo waving back :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

Very glad you don’t buy that brand. I have already eaten some! That jar is half empty so it seems like if mine was bad, I would already be sick. Hoping it was not bad! Lol
Great to hear that you are ok after eating some of the peanut butter.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! There is a Peanut Butter recall!
Wow I usually buy Jif from Costco but just hadn't gotten there lately so I bought some grocery store brand. Sure glad I didn't get to Costco! I eat peanut butter by the spoonful.

If Banjo and Froggie had a baby….. this is it! Shhh. Don’t tell Whistle! Lol
What a sweet little bunny! Hopping around like a froggie, cuddly like a Banjo. Thanks for sharing that! I'm glad to hear Banjo is doing well while awaiting more info ❤

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is a Peanut Butter recall! :eek::gaah:Possible Salmonella! Beware and check your brand if you love peanut butter! Oh no! I have lots of peanut butter. Yes. Mine is on the list. Bagging it to take to the trash now! CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Peanut Butter
Thanks for posting. Scary that so much of the food we buy end up being recalled for various scary reasons. :cringe:

I have gotten sick from salad mix that was recalled over the presence of Listeria some months ago.
Every time I open a bagged salad mix, I worry that it might end up being recalled. But they're so convenient, I keep taking the risk.

Sending good thoughts your way. Hope the crazy gets better soon. 🤗

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE
1653303820639.png

Status
Not open for further replies.