My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barely any ears at all on turtles. Whistle will be ecstatic!!
I absolutely adore turtles. Every summer they would come in my yard and I would feed them. One day I saw one of the turtles and I put out some Fancy Feast for him. My big ahpha one eyed red boy, Tiger, strutted up to the plate and nudged the turtle out of the way and fnished up the food. The turtled strutted off and he was furious at Tiger for eating his food. Tiger was way cool.

I hope everyone here is doing well.

Jcatbird: I hope Bango recovers quickly.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely adore turtles.
Ditto, me too! :thumbsup: My sister and I had turtles growing up. Our youngest daughter begged us for a Russian Tortoise. We bought all the necessities for the tortoise but unfortunately he didn't live beyond a year. 😢 DH spotted a turtle when we were driving past a park. He pulled over because he was afraid someone would run the turtle over. Then he carried it to the edge of a body of water in the park and put it down in the grass. I used to have a pic of the turtle he rescued and posted it in the Positive thread but deleted it in my photos. Maybe I can resurrect it in that thread.

I can't wait for Banjo to become an Aunt. I think she would be excellent in that role. :heartshape: I read it can take from 45 up to 70 days to hatch so Banjo will have to be patient.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barely any ears at all on turtles. Whistle will be ecstatic!!!

Cornbread. You really can't make good cornbread in anything but cast iron. You heat it to 400 degrees, then pour the batter in. That gives you the right crust. I have a Dutch oven (a real one, with the prongs on the lid), a 12"-- deep frying pan, and a cornbread pan shaped like ears of corn, all from my grandmother. There was a tea kettle, but it went missing during a move years ago.
You've got some treasures there!

Yeah, turts and torts don't need external ears much.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Monday folks. Hope everyone has a good day, and a good week.
Continuing my positive thoughts and healing vibes for Banjo. :vibes::vibes::vibes::bicolorcat:
And hugs for her mom. 🤗🤗🤗

Since I like posting pics, how about some fiddleheads. They're actually a spring delicacy for those who like them. But I prefer them in my garden, than on my plate. :lol:

View attachment 420579

And here's some that have already unfurled.

View attachment 420580
💝 I love fiddlehead ferns 💖 Like you, to look at, not to eat🥰

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Those fancy tulips are done- they only last about a week- but the plain-Jane ones have taken their place.View attachment 420859
The black tulips are also in bloom, but not as many as last yearView attachment 420860
The daisies form a carpet of whiteView attachment 420861
The amsonia also suddenly sprang into bloom.View attachment 420862
And finally; I had finished working up the last of the planting beds, and was putting the tiller away, when I noticed 2 'supervisors' watching from the back door.View attachment 420863
Beautiful, beautiful flowers! Love 'em.

And those "supervisors" too. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote A turtle the size of a basketball? Wow! I am so sorry someone stole him and at such a terrible time! Shame on them!!!! It did occur to me that maybe it was the person who lost him originally? At least we know that turtle experienced great love while with you and family.

rubysmama rubysmama I had Iggy a couple of years before I found someone who knew a lot about Iguanas and could give him a far better environment. He moved to a room of his own with another Iguana and a set up resembling native habitat. It was awesome for him. I still baby sat once in awhile so we stayed in touch. Lol He never scratched me. He was very calm and laid back. He wasn’t a wild Iguana so he was used to humans. I have seen many in the jungle and they would drop from a tree and moved super fast. It startled me more than once! Lol No turtles? I’ll share!

Your Rhododendron is gorgeous. It is too hot for those here but I have seen some north of here and always wished I could have one in the garden. Beautiful!

The turtle eggs take 45 to 90 days from what I understand. I have seen sea turtle eggs hatch but not box turtle. I have found baby box turtles here though. Sooo cute! Maybe you will enjoy this.
Thank you about my eyes and Banjo!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I bet those iron skillets were used outside. They are great for cooking on an open fire. I have several sizes and a small one with my storm kit. I’m my day, every new bride got a few iron skillets. My friend Mary made me laugh. She tells me that no bad guys will enter a house where the woman cooks with an iron skillet. They cook beautifully and can be very threatening. Ouch!:stars::angrywoman:Rolling pins work too! I have my Grandmothers rolling pin that was passed to mother and then to me. I love doing a whole meal in one pan! I can think of a couple that I used to do in my big skillet. One was with rice and the other was cooked in the oven. It was sort of a cornbread pie. Like a pot pie but using cornbread instead. Now I want that! Lol I haven’t made it in many years though. Too much for one person.
Thank you about my eyes. Not sure if the new drops are helping but we shall see! 👀 Lol
I will let everyone know when Banjo is starting her meds. More about that later. I agree that turtles are old souls. We had little red eared turtles too! We called them temp turtles since we just kep them swipe. We even had a Petr

N NY cat man All the tulips are so pretty. The ammonia too. Scented? I was going to say the daisies are still my favorites until I saw those two Dandy lions! Lol They are my favorite flowers! Lol
I bet Michelle misses her iron skillet. I have the same issue. I use my smaller one but I just cook for one. Your mother cooked enough for ten. She had very strong wrists! 16” skillet! I’m impressed! I wonder what that weighed full of yumminess? I think that size skillet meant she the food straight from the skillet on to the plate!!

pearl99 pearl99 That’s what I just wrote! Lol Skillets as wedding presents. They never wear out! I imagine yours is kind of heavy. A two handed skillet! Lol I love gravy too. Not sure I could drink it but…… yes I could!:lol:

tabbytom tabbytom I like the furry tulips the best too! Lol Fourlips? Furlips?
No turtles or tulips? That’s okay because we all share here! You can PM me the spiders! I happen to love some spiders too. I saw a really neat one the other day. She is going to have babies too but the box turtle made her move her babies. Lol Smart spider!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yes! Turtles have very sweet ears according to Whistle. Lol He agreed to be the Uncle so it must be true.
An iron teakettle! I had one that we used to keep filled with water in the wood burning stove/heater. I wonder where that went? Also must have been lost in one of my moves. Maybe it still gets used on that same stove? Hmmmm. I do still have my corn shaped cornbread pan though. I love that pan! I never had an iron Dutch oven though. I doubt I could handle one now either! I bet that makes the very best stews! Ummmm.

muffy muffy I am a turtle lover! The box turtles here will munch on cat food too. It sounds like you have an idea for a book! Turtle and the Tiger! I have visions of illustrations dancing in my head! Lol Turtle strutting off with head held high as the great Tiger licks the plate. Next time around, Turtle takes the plate inside and shuts his shell? Lol Thank you about Banjo!

neely neely We always had little red eared turtles as kids. They live around here so we kept them awhile to be sure they made it to adult hood and then set them free. So sorry the Tortoise lived a short life but turtles get sick just like anyone else.
I read it can take up to 90 days, depending on temperatures? Not sure on this kind of turtle but Banjo wants them now! Lol I think she will be an Excell Aunt! Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Awwww! Gypsy and a bunny! I think the bunny escaped because Gypsy has heard from Whistle that big ears are scary! Beware Gypsy! Lol

That cartoon is great! Little does that Princess know, when she kisses the frog, it turns into a cat! Beauty is all around, we just have to look. May have to kiss a frog or two but cats are out there to share their beauty!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I laughed really hard! Leave it to a cat to use the turtle for transport! Lolololololololol I have heard of piggy back but I think that is turtle back riding? I can see what the kitty is thinking but I wonder what the turtle thought. Gaining weight? Eating too much cat food lately? The cat might agree! Lol This is how a cat makes the turtle leave the cat food alone! Very cute one! Lololololol

Banjo is doing well. We are still in research mode but meds have been ordered. A few more tests and then we start the medicine. I will keep everyone updated but right now, my eyes are heavy for sleep. Going, going….,:thud:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your Rhododendron is gorgeous. It is too hot for those here but I have seen some north of here and always wished I could have one in the garden. Beautiful!
It really is gorgeous, and it never disappoints. Lilacs on the other hand, seem to have on and off years. And this looks like an off year. :ohwell:

The turtle eggs take 45 to 90 days from what I understand. I have seen sea turtle eggs hatch but not box turtle. I have found baby box turtles here though. Sooo cute! Maybe you will enjoy this.
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

sunday-sunday-morning.gif

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I got a corn, rice and cheese casserole recipe from somewhere -- made it a few times. It's really good. Fluffy and light but satisfying.
One restaurant I loved actually served entrees in iron skillets. Loved that!
*PRAYERS* ongoing for sweet Banjo. Is the Froggie Prince around right now, to give her love and encouragement? Hoping those medicines will help her to return to her thriving self very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.