My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, you guys! Spiders scare you because you're legly challenged compared to them (yes, that's a word. I just made it one.) and because they run fast. To escape the big, very scary primates bent on causing mayhem to innocent arachnids who are so beneficial to their kind, if they only knew!
Yes. We cannot live without the 8 legged Unmentionables.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a beautiful green spider here that my mom was fascinated with. We'd all look for this one every day when we went outside. She had babies! and went on her way. She was beautiful.
Ah, yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird . Dilation is no fun. We are so strong and resilient, and at the same time so fragile...and then there is the matter of gravy. Yes. One of my dad's favorites was biscuits and gravy. He was born here in CA but our people were from TX and they were nomadic, back and forth between the two, when he was growing up. His mom DEFINITELY knew gravy. And fried chicken. Best in the world.
What sweet little anoles! and a very fine iguana! I love herps.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 My mom shared your phobia. Perhaps yours was actually instinct since you are allergic! Instinct does not fail us. So sorry about that. Doubly so since some are beautiful. Lol I know! Not to you! It is very considerate of the ones there to stay invisible. Let’s just say…. There are none! Hekitty told them to leave.

pearl99 pearl99 Hmmm. I wonder if I could look like a piece of plywood? Nah. They don’t make plywood this thick. Lol
Ha! Where’s the gravy! Lol
Thanks about Banjo and my eyes. I am still waiting for the compounded meds for her. I called to check on them. Not here yet. That’s actually okay though because it has given me time to talk with the Doc that diagnoses her. We have been emailing back and forth and now she has sent me her personal email which is very reassuring.
Eight legged unmentionables? I had to laugh because I envisioned eight legged long underwear. Must be for an octopus? :lol:🐙

rubysmama rubysmama I think I will be blurry awhile.The new eye drops burn! I don’t know if I have to stay on them but hoping not! Maybe I will adjust to them in time.
If you like iguanas, you would have loved Iggy! He was a bit like a puppy. Lol He followed me everywhere! He loved riding across my shoulders and he liked car rides. He got along great with all the other animals in the house too. I’m not sure he knew he was an Iguana!
Where’s the bacon? I had not seen that one. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The dilation isn’t so bad but it didn’t mix well with my new drops. It was really weird! Sunshine looked red! Sunglasses just made it dark red. I came home, cuddled kitties, did my chores and went to sleep.
Gravy. Yes it is a staple here. I like white gravy the best. I haven’t had sausage and gravy in a long time but it is so good! Fried chicken. My mother had a friend who made the best! Mother never could match it but she kept trying which was okay by me! Something about cooking it in an iron skillet? I’m not sure you can even use an iron skillet on newer types of stoves.
The little green lizards love it here. No pesticides. I have baby ones every year.
The iguana was a good friend. He was so pretty!
tabbytom tabbytom Please do send Kitty nurse. That is a beautiful nurse! I would smile even if I got a shot! I think that nurse would give a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Purrfect nurse for us.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! The prayers are received gratefully and some are said in return. Beautiful picture! Positively!

tabbytom tabbytom Absolute truth. They honor us by being willing to love and tolerate humans. I think they try to teach us how to be as great as a cat. I wonder if we’ll ever make it?🤔 I certainly can’t catch a mouse for them.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am scared of spiders and lizards too, but whenever I see them I try not to hurt them when I shoo.
Lizards are cute though. This morning I just had a staring contest with one lizard that was on my sink. I wanted it to move so I can wash the cats' bowls, but it just stared at me, so I stared back.

Until my Graham destroyed our moment.

Kisses to Banjoe and the rest of the kitties.

Love, love all.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post anyone? Past due! No lizards or spiders. Do you like turtles?

I’m kind of bored hooman.
5B9C30F7-3D0A-40A5-A964-F64C82739667.jpeg

What do you mean ,I’m going to be an ant?
007ED305-E2B9-4C9E-9712-2EC4B6BC5929.jpeg

Banjo, you know how you love boxes?
D04F3534-28E8-4E95-9499-F232E2E6D198.jpeg

You also love all creatures.
96B580E1-BA23-4DC6-9F20-03B45AC29815.jpeg

I met someone outside today who knows you. She said to tell you that….
A36FB95E-446E-4A34-8E70-26C74A255A09.jpeg

You’re going to be an Aunt! Mama Box turtle dug a nest and had eggs!
A24E6163-931A-4EF9-A653-AB55E383FCD4.jpeg

Baby turtles are waiting to hatch!!!
12451856-8E52-4DE0-9CFA-FC7793376250.jpeg

I’m going to be Auntie Banjo!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!
43F13B7C-1213-44D4-AEAD-04A6FD13BD12.jpeg

🐢🐢🐢 I counted three eggs while I was watching.
It was so neat that I just happened to catch this as the mom was digging the hole.:redheartpump: Whistle will be happy too. Little ears!

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote You had a lizard stare down? Lololol I guess Graham decided to rescue you. I hope you like turtles better. ;)
Graham disturbed our moment, typical bratty Graham. LOL.

I once had a pet land turtle before which my young son then rescued off the street. He initially thought it was his basketball. The shells had holes, probably for the owner to keep it from escaping, but it escaped somehow.

We named him Tootsie. He was the size of a basketball as I mentioned, but a bit bigger. He was a funny guy. He would eat bread and did some stunts which my young nephews were so amused of, like jumping up from being turned upside down. One of our previous dogs would chase him, and he'd hide his head just a split second before being caught.

One day he was suddenly gone. My son was confined in the hospital then and when he returned home he was devastated to know that Tootsie was gone. Later on we found out he was stolen from our yard.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you like iguanas, you would have loved Iggy! He was a bit like a puppy. Lol He followed me everywhere! He loved riding across my shoulders and he liked car rides. He got along great with all the other animals in the house too. I’m not sure he knew he was an Iguana!
How long did you have Iggy? Did he ever accidentally scratch you with his tail scales? I've heard they can be sharp.

It was so neat that I just happened to catch this as the mom was digging the hole.:redheartpump:
That is so cool. Wonder how long till babies hatch?

Things are blooming all over, finally. Here's my mini rhododendron.
(note to self: dig out the dandelion before it goes to seed)

1652959774470.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post anyone? Past due! No lizards or spiders. Do you like turtles?

I’m kind of bored hooman.
View attachment 420814
What do you mean ,I’m going to be an ant?
View attachment 420815
Banjo, you know how you love boxes?
View attachment 420830
You also love all creatures.
View attachment 420831
I met someone outside today who knows you. She said to tell you that….
View attachment 420832
You’re going to be an Aunt! Mama Box turtle dug a nest and had eggs!
View attachment 420833
Baby turtles are waiting to hatch!!!
View attachment 420834
I’m going to be Auntie Banjo!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!
View attachment 420813
It was so neat that I just happened to catch this as the mom was digging the hole.:redheartpump: Whistle will be happy too. Little ears!
*PRAYERS* for your eyes! and for sweet Banjo to be without worm!
Funny you should mention iron skillets. I have my grandmother's large and small ones. I use the large one every morning for my quesadillas and most evenings for whatever I'm having. Not only is it the best, it's the best because it was hers. IDK how long she had it for or if it was used during the years they lived outside, but it definitely held some of the BEST food on the planet.
My dad loved white gravy, too, and all this talk must be making me think about white gravy nonstop for the past few days!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those fancy tulips are done- they only last about a week- but the plain-Jane ones have taken their place.
IMG_2020.JPG

The black tulips are also in bloom, but not as many as last year
IMG_2022.JPG

The daisies form a carpet of white
IMG_2028.JPG

The amsonia also suddenly sprang into bloom.
IMG_2026.JPG

And finally; I had finished working up the last of the planting beds, and was putting the tiller away, when I noticed 2 'supervisors' watching from the back door.
20220519_163451.jpg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and Jcatbird Jcatbird , iron skillets! I have my mom’s that was a wedding present to her and my dad, a deep bottom and a top like a Dutch oven. She always made pot roast with potatoes, onions and carrots in it on Sundays. And Gravy! Oh how I love gravy. I could drink it. I still use the skillet.

rubysmama rubysmama , pretty rhododendron! They don’t grow here, but did in Ohio. The rabbits in my yard love to eat the dandelions, they bite off the stem at the bottom and you see them chew the stem like sucking in a piece of spaghetti. Keeps them from eating my other plants!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, a good iron skillet is a generational treasure. Still and always the very best thing to fry in! And yeah, other things too. Since our roomies joined us, I'm constantly trying to streamline cooking and I've discovered that it's very easy to do a stir-fry in an iron skillet and put the rice in on the side. No lid necessary! Just make sure you put in the prescribed amount of water, and wait until it cooks down some; then add more water as needed. Easy, good, and easy to clean up after!
Now how could a tulip be "Plain Jane," N NY cat man ? They're gorgeous! All of those flowers are beautiful. Especially the two orange ones. :lolup:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother had several cast iron skillets, including one that was, if I recall, 16 inches across. When you're cooking for 10 people at once, a little one ain't going to cut it. I once bought a couple of skillets for Michele, but her wrist problems meant that she couldn't use them any more, so they went to Goodwill several years ago.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother had several cast iron skillets, including one that was, if I recall, 16 inches across. When you're cooking for 10 people at once, a little one ain't going to cut it. I once bought a couple of skillets for Michele, but her wrist problems meant that she couldn't use them any more, so they went to Goodwill several years ago.
Yeah, they're heavy, all right. Too bad about her not being able to use them. I have wrists like pasta, too, so I sometimes use two hands.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Whistle will be happy too. Little ears!
Barely any ears at all on turtles. Whistle will be ecstatic!!!

Still and always the very best thing to fry in! And yeah, other things too.
Cornbread. You really can't make good cornbread in anything but cast iron. You heat it to 400 degrees, then pour the batter in. That gives you the right crust. I have a Dutch oven (a real one, with the prongs on the lid), a 12"-- deep frying pan, and a cornbread pan shaped like ears of corn, all from my grandmother. There was a tea kettle, but it went missing during a move years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.