My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could outsource the weather we are having over here. To CA from somewhere in the NE with love. ❤ It was wet for most of the day here. We sometimes get too much rain, I do feel bad for those in drier climates and facing droughts. Wow 91 degrees! You guys are getting summer temps already. Well, a good day to go to the beach then. Get cooled down.

Thanks for mentioning the geese. That park use to have a load of geese, but I only seen a dozen or so this time. When I saw the Goslings I just had to take a pic. Awwwhhh, precious babies I just couldn't resist them. Thankfully none of the geese are aggressive, but I could understand if they do get aggressive. I walked in that park when they had Geese everywhere. I didn't have any problem with them. I heard how aggressive Geese can get, but never had an encounter with them.

I am glad to hear others enjoyed the pics. I love nature. I enjoyed my visit to the park. I think I will go more often. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Take care.🙂
I loathe the beach, summer, hot weather, and everything about the season. California is my home and I couldn't live anywhere else in the US, but I do hate the climate in summer. It's gotten exponentially worse with climate change. And of course this is the home of the rich and entitled, who don't give a rat's behind about anything except themselves, so they continue to flaunt the rationing rules and do exactly what they want, including overusing water. L.A. began as reclaimed desert, just like Vegas. Funny how the two metropolises seem to have drawn that element. Oh well.
I went to Lake Casitas once and at the boat dock there, there was a gaggle of geese of many different species. I loved seeing and hearing them! Some of them are very bossy and protective of their space and territory. There were a few hisses, but nothing more, to greet me when I went.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I loathe the beach, summer, hot weather, and everything about the season. California is my home and I couldn't live anywhere else in the US, but I do hate the climate in summer. It's gotten exponentially worse with climate change. And of course this is the home of the rich and entitled, who don't give a rat's behind about anything except themselves, so they continue to flaunt the rationing rules and do exactly what they want, including overusing water. L.A. began as reclaimed desert, just like Vegas. Funny how the two metropolises seem to have drawn that element. Oh well.
I went to Lake Casitas once and at the boat dock there, there was a gaggle of geese of many different species. I loved seeing and hearing them! Some of them are very bossy and protective of their space and territory. There were a few hisses, but nothing more, to greet me when I went.
I am not a summer person either. Their is some fun filled activities in the season, but I just don't handle hot weather well. I hope you guys don't have bad droughts over there. I hope those who try to get around the rules with water conserving get called out and start doing the right thing. None of this rules for thee but not for me nonsense. Everyone should do their part. Well, I have to go somewhere. Have a good night everyone.🙂

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
~peeks around the corner~ Lizard pics? I like lizards...
Ok, I have big and small lizards to show.

*Echoing [IMG alt="Mamanyt1953"][URL]https://thecatsite.com/data/avatars/s/95/95067.jpg?1492456879[/URL][/IMG] Mamanyt1953 and just putting out there that if there was a lizard thread started, I'd certainly visit.
There is not a Lizard thread but I've posted some of it in this thread :- show-off-your-photography.357411 but you have to scroll around the thread to find it.

I think I'll post them here instead for those who don't visit that thread.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know the flower of the bougainvillea is the simply the little white bit in the middle? Took me awhile to learn that one.
Didn't know this. Really?! Oh my!

I loathe the beach, summer, hot weather, and everything about the season.
Me too. Unfortunately I have lots of hot weather from where I am.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful flower pics, and adorable baby geese. :redheartpump:

Can't comment on the spider pic, as I speed-scrolled past it. :running:

Hope things are well at Chez Catbird. Sending more healing vibes to Banjo. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::bicolorcat:

Have a restful weekend, if you possibly can, Jcatbird Jcatbird . 🤗

Here's a couple pics from my garden:

Tulips. Supposed to be mixed colours, but mostly all red so far.
View attachment 420311

Forget Me Nots:
View attachment 420312
Oh I love Tulips and Forget Me nots, but I dint have them yet in my garden.

when Pepsi was alive, he used to lay on our garden and just watch the flowers and leaves move by the wind. And when he was done, he'd quietly return to the house and sleep. I miss that boy. I wished he had more time with us. He acted more like a dog than a cat, probably because he grew up with a pack of wolves. Lol.

Flowers make people smile. below is my Allamanda:

748B6931-0E94-4757-A221-A0BC2625554C.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The super flower blood moon lunar eclipse is coming! Sunday night. It seems that cats always come to see the show. ;) Prime Snuggles showed up for the last blood moon here. I don’t know if I will catch it this time but maybe others here will get to see the amazing beauty of the sky.
A446BEE4-ADC0-439C-96EF-122FD296CED9.jpeg
6C2A1854-81ED-462F-9731-8A4BC6AF3529.jpeg
CDB9069E-D95F-48FE-8C9D-93F7DAD34C3D.jpeg
36D2CE4B-0C86-4E6B-ADDC-B6503BD55EAC.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How do you know it's a spider pix if you speed-scrolled past it? :think:
I saw something that warned me to beware, and close my eyes, and run, aka speed-scroll. :running:

~peeks around the corner~ Lizard pics? I like lizards...
I like lizards too. 🦎 But none in my part of the country.
Here's a cute chameleon I saw in Bermuda, though.

1652617175871.png

And since I'm looking through my Bermuda pics, how about some pink flamingos.

1652617340247.png

And yes, with apologies to rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama , an arachnid thread would be nice, too. 🦎🐍🐢🕷
An arachnid thread sounds great, as then us arachnophobes would just know where to avoid.

Hope all is well with everyone! I am reading and keeping up. Thank you all for the smiles. Loving the photos.
Glad you're able to read and keep up. We'll keep posting smile posts, while you're taking care of Banjo.

The super flower blood moon lunar eclipse is coming! Sunday night.
And it's going to be cloudy here, of course. :rolleyes2: Hopefully some of you will have clear skies.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, tabbytom tabbytom , what a gorgeous lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng-tailed changeable lizard! The lizards here will regrow their tails if perchance they lose them. My brofur Kikko used to prove this a lot, up in his lizard patch, which he defended by drawing blood of anyone who ventured there. I would see lizards with little stumps while they were regrowing tails.
rubysmama rubysmama Lovely little guy! Those flamingos need to eat more shrimp, though -- they're looking kind of pale.
Jcatbird Jcatbird of course I looked up "skink" to see if they truly are lizards. And they are. With some differences. That little guy is positively smiling!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Flowers make people smile. below is my Allamanda:
Beautiful!

The super flower blood moon lunar eclipse is coming! Sunday night. It seems that cats always come to see the show. ;) Prime Snuggles showed up for the last blood moon here. I don’t know if I will catch it this time but maybe others here will get to see the amazing beauty of the sky.
OOH! Here it starts at 8:27pm and skies are supposed to clear at 8pm. Thanks for the headsup.

Changeable Lizard
Lovely photos! I love lizards.

And my forget-me-nots:
BC595E34-72ED-4FB1-8838-D157FE61CD17.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course we don't need omens to tell us the state of the world, but that is an omen!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 and pearl99 pearl99 Thank you for sharing those beautiful flowers with us! I can't understand why anyone would not be appreciative and give thanks for such beauty. Plants and trees make the difference between a soulless neighborhood and a beautiful one!
IMG_2388.JPG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Monday folks. Hope everyone has a good day, and a good week.
Continuing my positive thoughts and healing vibes for Banjo. :vibes::vibes::vibes::bicolorcat:
And hugs for her mom. 🤗🤗🤗

Since I like posting pics, how about some fiddleheads. They're actually a spring delicacy for those who like them. But I prefer them in my garden, than on my plate. :lol:

1652717217362.png

And here's some that have already unfurled.

1652717273826.png

Status
Not open for further replies.