My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have long sleeved long handles! (Long underwear for those who don’t know the term. ;))
I've heard long underwear called long johns, but not long handles. Learn a new term every day. :thumbsup:

I snuck some of those Cheetos out of the bag. I don’t know if Banjo saw me but I think I can give her an innocent look if she questions me. Who, me? Eat your Cheetos? :rolleyes::rolleyes2: Maybe it was a mouse?
I went grocery shopping today and looked for Cheetos, but they only had large bags, and I really don't need that many Cheetos. Next time I'll try to find a one serving size bag. Course by then my craving may be gone. ;)

Gypsy got home, ate, drank and went right to her new ( also newly located) litter box and went potty. :yess: She seems to feel much better now and is enjoying everything a kitty could desire.
Wonderful news that Gypsy is doing better. :redheartpump:
Sending healing vibes that she's over what ever was ailing her. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Hope the cold passes soon and the sun will be out and you can join them kitties
unnamed.jpg
LOL. The kitty on the right looks a bit like Ruby. Maybe she did swimsuit modeling before I adopted her. :winkcat:

Smile time? Maybe a little heart to heart talk with a feral to learn about love?

Wanda Heart is a very good teacher.
Awww... sweet Wanda Heart. :lovecat2:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope the cold passes soon and the sun will be out and you can join them kitties
unnamed.jpg
That is hilarious!

Wanda Heart is a very good teacher.
And a gorgeous kitty!

I went grocery shopping today and looked for Cheetos, but they only had large bags, and I really don't need that many Cheetos
I can relate. I'd eat the whole large bag in one sitting.

I've heard long underwear called long johns, but not long handles.
That's a new one for me also :headscratch:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO glad to read the good news about Gypsy! May she continue to eat and thrive!
Yes, Wanda Heart has wise thoughts and comments. Even the big-eared can turn out to be very good friends! You just have to get to know them, and remember, as she says, that each is an individual and unique. I used to say I could find SOMETHING I liked about almost anyone. Not so sure now, but still trying.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No bikini here either!
I don't like them, they show too much skin and look like underwear. I like the tank top bathing suits, tankini.

I have my winter stuff from when I lived in colder places though.
I mostly wear winter clothes all the time here, except for July, August. NY is cold!

I hate to tell you but the power goes out in the city too if a hurricane comes.
I lived in town for a few years in my 20s. It was a different world compared to the country.

A generator can keep you powered up though.
Do you have a generator? I want a house with a built-in one! We have a portable one.

Gypsy got home, ate, drank and went right to her new ( also newly located) litter box and went potty.
Yay from me too!

No snow plows but we have mosquito trucks in some places.
I could use one of those mosquito trucks in the summer! The snow plow comes out daily lately here.

Hmmmm. I wonder if Banjo knows about free shipping if you order more? Lol Oh no! Not telling her that! We could end up with a case of Cheetos and a case of temptations! No telling how much catnip would show up!
Sounds like a great idea! Tell her to get me a case of vanilla cappuccino. And hot sauce...and cheese...

Around here we dress in layers. It can start out cold and by mid day be really hot. Mornings in a coat and afternoons in a tshirt!
That sounds nice! Kinda like hope for the day to get warmer as it goes along. That would never happen in NY! It's cold and stays cold!

I went grocery shopping today and looked for Cheetos, but they only had large bags, and I really don't need that many Cheetos.
Extra sharp cheese is better! I don't like snack food much.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That is a good reminder for hoomans and kitties. Any hooman that doesn’t know to care about kitties hasn’t seen that video!!

neely neely Wanda Heart is all bout loving. She actually puts her stuffed toys at her food dish, face first so she can share her food with them. It is so adorable. I have to give her friends lots of baths! Lolol

rubysmama rubysmama It is my understanding that the bottom part of thermal underwear is the “long John” part. Or long handles. A full body thermal underwear is a union suit. One more new term? Lol Or…. A whole nother colloquialism?
I think Cheetos are contagious!
I hear that Gypsy is doing well except for trying to hide at medicine time! Pills are okay to her but the liquids are yucky!
Ruby! I wonder if you and Banjo ever crossed paths on the Cat walk! Lol Ruby looks lovely in a bikini! She has the figure for it.
Wanda Heart got that bunny for Christmas. She does love her little furry friends. Lol

pearl99 pearl99 That is hilarious. These cats will only wear a one piece.

Wanda Heart thanks you. I think she might be blushing but it’s kind of hard to tell. Lol

A whole bag of Cheetos at once would turn me into a Cheez Puff! Lol
Long handles and long Johns are old terms. Apparently that style of warm under clothing goes way back. Long handles are handy to have! Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Wanda Heart knows all about love. She knew what it was like to be without it. She is big on giving love no matter who needs it. Smart girl! All she sees is whether or not there is a good heart inside. As for us, we can like some things about a person but not other things. When it is a kitty, we love everything about them because they all have good and kind hearts. Bunnies too! Even if they do have big ears! Lol If only humans could be more like kitties and we could love everything about all of them! It’s complicated, isn’t it? We do try though.

M maggiedemi I agree that bikinis look like underwear. Lol
I don’t think they are especially comfortable underwrar though. Lol

It is different living in the city. Some things are better but some things are not. A lot depends on which city and what part of it you live in too. I loved working where I met lots of people from all over the world.I liked the social aspect and availability of many things. The down side was the crowds and crime. Parking was always a problem too! Parking here is never hard. Lol When there were activities in the city, it was really noisy and during some things there were thousands of people visiting and partying. It left a mess! I like living kind of in between. A little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. Lol This isn’t the rural area it used to be. There are pluses and minuses to both worlds.

I do not have a generator now. I used to but found I didn’t need it very much. I have been looking at whole house generators. Solar power too. Both would be a good combination.
It can be thirty degrees at night and seventy five during the day. I like that.
Extra sharp cheese by the case? I’ll tell Banjo. Buy by the case. Lol we never have much junk food around either. Just as treats!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And, of course, most folks in the south wouldn't have clothes for winter weather.
Not like we probably should. I do have lots of stuff to layer, and some leggings for wearing under jeans if I need them. And, thanks to my disgusting habit of not throwing things away, I have at least 4 extra blankets, and six or seven extra fleecy throws that I can pile on if the power goes. And LOTS of candles, plus a few LED lanterns that use practically no battery power!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I well remember my 2 years in Charleston SC. In winter, there could be a skin of ice on puddles in the morning, and it would be in the 70s by noon. I also remember all of the dank, clammy, rainy days too. It was great weather for pneumonia. When I came back north it took several years to get used to real winters again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanda Heart is all bout loving. She actually puts her stuffed toys at her food dish, face first so she can share her food with them.
Hmmm...Wonder who she learned this from? :hugs:

I have to give her friends lots of baths!
This sounds like heaven. I can't wash any of my cats' toys because of you know who. ☹

A full body thermal underwear is a union suit.
That sounds cozy...Except hard to go to the bathroom...And your top half gets cold when you sit down on the potty. :flail:

colloquialism
Now let's not get too fancy...:lol:

Wanda Heart knows all about love. She knew what it was like to be without it. She is big on giving love no matter who needs it.
I like this idea. I would like to learn more about it...🤝

All she sees is whether or not there is a good heart inside.
Yes, best to get away from a person with a black heart. They will destroy you with lack of empathy. They don't care how you feel. 🙌

It’s complicated, isn’t it? We do try though.
This says it all, doesn't it? It's complicated, but we do try...😉

I liked the social aspect and availability of many things. The down side was the crowds and crime.
Yes, it is easier to be a part of the community instead of isolation. The town I lived in wasn't very crowded. About 13,000 people, but still a pretty good size town with stuff I need like restaurants, grocery stores, laundromats, etc. 👍

I have been looking at whole house generators. Solar power too. Both would be a good combination.
Hmmm...This has me interested indeed...Put that idea with a house in town and I might be on the next plane...:thumbsup:

we never have much junk food around either. Just as treats!
I would prefer a piece of pizza over dessert or snacks. I like to enjoy my 2 big meal plates per day. 🍕

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen things about union suits. They were red, weren't they? And yes, with a flap.
When we were in the Mojave, we went five miles up the mountain to get a lot of things at the hardware store. I needed some more long underwear but they only had for males, so I had to buy those. I still have them and I still use them but I do feel a bit weird with those.
M maggiedemi I'm not much on sweets, either. With me, it's nuts, tortilla chips and salsa, stuff like that. Or I'll just heat up some tortillas and put salsa on them. Gotta have the chiles! Haven't had any pizza for yonks -- it's not part of my regular diet -- but a good one would be of interest.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Yes, there are pros and cons (sometimes a lot of the latter in urban) wherever one lives. I loved the Mojave but a LOT of the people out there were very narrowminded and hateful; there were a lot of gun nuts, meth cookers and "rugged individualists" out there that I wanted to stay far away from. Here, there are a lot of trendoid self-absorbed consumerist/materialist status-conscious money-grubbers, and I want to give them a wide berth, too. I've never lived anywhere close to perfect. I prefer the desert, do NOT like urban, but as far as finding nice people, I haven't ever, except individuals, or online. For instance, there is this place called TheCatSite... ;) It's kind of like the Midweek Cat PAWverb says, tabbytom tabbytom ...
Nothing at all wrong with saving things you might need, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ! This house was really well designed and has a lot of storage space *plus the 2-car garage for my nonexistent cars* and I save things, too -- why have to buy more when you can save? My male roomie used to fly a lot and he'd bring home the blankets from that and she'd give them to me, so I have a nice collection of microfiber blankets that make great cat blankets (Elvis is on one right now, using my left wrist as a chin rest) and are good for lying on the sofa watching TV, too.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
20220125_103549.jpg
20220125_103532.jpg
Heartfelt gratitude to Lari Lari tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 rubysmama rubysmama Flybynight Flybynight neely neely muffy muffy pearl99 pearl99 tabbytom tabbytom M maggiedemi and all at Chez Catbird! :hearthrob: :touched::thanks:. Gypsy is eating, peeing, back to wiggleworming during brushing, taking her antibiotic and anti nausea ( both pills thank heavens) tolerating appetite stimulant and pain med, both oral liquids (and what an experience that is!) but no 💩 yet :sigh:. We still have no idea what started this long strange trip and we're not quite done yet. Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. Come on :poop::poop:She's napping now, hopefully dreaming of:poop::poop: 20220125_110230.jpg 20220125_110245.jpg
Back later with Sunday nite Emer Vet visit experience. :hellocomputer::heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 408786
View attachment 408787
Heartfelt gratitude to Lari Lari tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 rubysmama rubysmama Flybynight Flybynight neely neely muffy muffy pearl99 pearl99 tabbytom tabbytom M maggiedemi and all at Chez Catbird! :hearthrob: :touched::thanks:. Gypsy is eating, peeing, back to wiggleworming during brushing, taking her antibiotic and anti nausea ( both pills thank heavens) tolerating appetite stimulant and pain med, both oral liquids (and what an experience that is!) but no 💩 yet :sigh:. We still have no idea what started this long strange trip and we're not quite done yet. Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. Come on :poop::poop:She's napping now, hopefully dreaming of:poop::poop:View attachment 408790View attachment 408791
Back later with Sunday nite Emer Vet visit experience. :hellocomputer::heartshape:
More *PRAYERS* from the heart for lovely Gypsy! and you, too, of course!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the suburbs. It's a nice compromise between city and rural living, but I know it's not for everyone. We happen to live within walking distance of our downtown, but you really need a car to get to everything necessary because I'm not sure we have a bus system that would get us to, say, the pediatrician.

Status
Not open for further replies.