My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That picture was taken after I had shoveled the deck. Prior to that, the snow was almost as high as the shelter itself. There is a baffle inside to block most of the wind and snow.
So either the cat get in before the snow hits or can't get in at all?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
luxuries are so great to have. I have always had a full appreciation of them but a reminder never hurts
Ha! Yes, a reminder would be nice. ;)

I am thinking that when Spring comes, that will help.
Hopefully spring will make everything better. 🌻☀:crossfingers:

Sunshine on kitties!
This gives me a lovely visual. My two favorite things. ☀🐈

you and Banjo can do all the shopping.
Yes! All the shopping & all the laundry. Heaven. :cloud9:

Just don’t forget my food!
I'm not sure what food to buy you besides chicken & orange marmalade? What else can you eat? :think:

I try to make them enjoy something too. It distracts them and gives them time to heal.
That's all we can do really. Try to enjoy the little things, heal, keep going...🚶‍♀️🐈

white stuff fell from the sky and covered their grass. How dare it!
My thoughts exactly. How dare it?! 🥶

These kitties are semi tropical cats!
Me too. Except not semi, I'm totally tropical. 🏖

It can throw snow up to fifty feet away! I can just see myself driving it and I know just where to throw the snow!
Hee hee. Great minds think alike Banjo. I have a better idea where to throw that snow. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So either the cat get in before the snow hits or can't get in at all?
Not unless it can dig down to the entrance. When you get that much snow overnight, there isn't much you can do. By the time the snow stopped this evening, we ended up with just over 2 feet, with some drifts in our driveway closer to 3 feet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're supposed to get a little snow this coming weekend! PAWS CROSSED! The ferals have a new, fleecy, warm blanket in their shelter, and the rice bags are ready to be heated, and I got the big, self-heating mat out and washed it. The entrance to the shelter faces the back wall of the building, about 8" out, and there's an 18" overhang, so it is pretty well protected. When the weather is very bad, I manage to slip the food bowls into that little alleyway, and protect the food from getting wet. It works pretty well. LOL, what's funny is that in bad weather, when I slip the food back there, it's like a clown car! As many as seven cats come out of there to eat!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom We have plenty of fur niture too. I keep covers on the sofas but the fur still travels. Lol It has cat feet.
Zoom meeting! :flail::flail::flail:
All we have here are Zoomie meetings no

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I think Banjo just wants people to “chill out” when it comes to fussing about kitties. Lol She can help with that. She is very chill herself! She can also be a fierce kitty when needed. Maybe Baby Su is just putting her paw down so Elvis knows she is top Lady cat around there. Lol Lady does that.
New BUB stuff?:woo: Is there a new baby BUB? I will investigate when I catch a free moment. BUB mugs are precious!

N NY cat man Wow! Thank goodness you dug the shelter out! Poor kitties! I was trying to imagine how you could even figure a way that would stay open for them! With snow that high they need an even higher house! Hmmmm. A ramp to a house high enough would mean a tree house! Jeepers. It looks a little like an igloo in that picture. :confused2: I hope you and all are warm! Very glad you planned ahead and put the baffle in the shelter.

rubysmama rubysmama That’s a great mug! Ruby approved!
I am sure that Banjo would love to move that snow. She is a chill cat but even without her snow blower she can put out a lot of fierce heat! Lol Maybe she could melt it with stink eyes! Lol X-ray cat vision super powers!

Snow should melt from all kitty shelters everywhere! Banjo powers!
A9800580-0284-4E56-80C4-2ABC5CB13AAD.jpeg

If the snow did not melt…….

Please send your request for the hooman to give me the credit card. I have already lined up a snow blower I can buy.:kitty: Have Snow Will travel!
D212C786-90B4-4755-BD2C-2748CEBF797E.jpeg

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I don’t know if I found the same commercial but the kitty is different looking. A black mask on a Persian shaped face and calico body? If I were being filmed leaving the potty I might move a little stiff too. :flail:That kitty does not look happy in the beginning of the commercial! Tail twitching and cat plastered down in that bed! She has Catitude! I wonder how many times they had to try and film that?

M maggiedemi I think being reminded to appreciate what we have is a very good thing.

Sunshine and kitties go so well together! Smile territory!
422B50E0-D16E-426D-9613-74633F92C45A.jpeg

Shopping and laundry? Heaven? Come on down! Lol You’ll be very happy!

You think you want all tropical? So….. you like high humidity too? Think fish bowl. ;)

How could you forget peanut butter?!?!?:lol: Yummm! I actually eat lots of things but just never all I would like to eat! Fruit is a favorite with me!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That’s a great shelter and it must be very cozy for the kitties. They pile in because it’s purrfect for a furmily. I hope the weather there stays mild. We even have snow predictions here! I’ll end up like the clown car. How many cats can you put on top of a hooman?
:redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby:
:flail:
Fur too many!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoomie meetings! I'm having those with Gracie! I think I have her all fixed up. She now has arthritis, and the cosequin is just the ticket. This morning she was zooming and batting toys for the first time in a while. I got her a heated bed, which Waffles and Mooshoo love and Gracie doesn't give a hoot about. :rolleyes:

New BUB stuff?:woo: Is there a new baby BUB? I will investigate when I catch a free moment. BUB mugs are precious!
BUB? I will have to google that, I'm lost.

Please send your request for the hooman to give me the credit card. I have already lined up a snow blower I can buy.:kitty: Have Snow Will travel!
Can Banjo fix my snow blower please? Sooner or later we're going to be due for a dump! Just waiting for some moisture.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not unless it can dig down to the entrance. When you get that much snow overnight, there isn't much you can do. By the time the snow stopped this evening, we ended up with just over 2 feet, with some drifts in our driveway closer to 3 feet.
Can I have some here please! I put in orders but not enough is delivered. Drought time! 🌞

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom We have plenty of fur niture too. I keep covers on the sofas but the fur still travels. Lol It has cat feet.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I think Banjo just wants people to “chill out” when it comes to fussing about kitties. Lol She can help with that. She is very chill herself! She can also be a fierce kitty when needed. Maybe Baby Su is just putting her paw down so Elvis knows she is top Lady cat around there. Lol Lady does that.

N NY cat man Wow! Thank goodness you dug the shelter out! Poor kitties! I was trying to imagine how you could even figure a way that would stay open for them! With snow that high they need an even higher house! Hmmmm. A ramp to a house high enough would mean a tree house! Jeepers. It looks a little like an igloo in that picture. :confused2: I hope you and all are warm! Very glad you planned ahead and put the baffle in the shelter.

rubysmama rubysmama That’s a great mug! Ruby approved!
I am sure that Banjo would love to move that snow. She is a chill cat but even without her snow blower she can put out a lot of fierce heat! Lol Maybe she could melt it with stink eyes! Lol X-ray cat vision super powers!

Snow should melt from all kitty shelters everywhere! Banjo powers!
View attachment 408101
If the snow did not melt…….

View attachment 408103
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I don’t know if I found the same commercial but the kitty is different looking. A black mask on a Persian shaped face and calico body? If I were being filmed leaving the potty I might move a little stiff too. :flail:That kitty does not look happy in the beginning of the commercial! Tail twitching and cat plastered down in that bed! She has Catitude! I wonder how many times they had to try and film that?

M maggiedemi I think being reminded to appreciate what we have is a very good thing.

Sunshine and kitties go so well together! Smile territory!
View attachment 408104
Shopping and laundry? Heaven? Come on down! Lol You’ll be very happy!

You think you want all tropical? So….. you like high humidity too? Think fish bowl. ;)

How could you forget peanut butter?!?!?:lol: Yummm! I actually eat lots of things but just never all I would like to eat! Fruit is a favorite with me!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That’s a great shelter and it must be very cozy for the kitties. They pile in because it’s purrfect for a furmily. I hope the weather there stays mild. We even have snow predictions here! I’ll end up like the clown car. How many cats can you put on top of a hooman?
:redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby::redtabby:
:flail:
Fur too many!
Sounds like the same one but I don't think there a real cat in the commerical.:gingercat2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm. Someone ordered something!

What is it Kodiak?
AA6F6893-CA90-4C0F-91AC-9FC10727FD2B.jpeg

I don’t know but it is for Muffinn! Go way Kodiak!
C65EF45E-78AD-4E3D-870B-B16ABF3FCD47.jpeg

I have to open it!
CB5C236A-4503-4B27-9821-BFD0E59E7640.jpeg

Muffin, it is addressed to Whistle!
F0BE94E8-8E7C-4967-97C0-E756620FE0FE.jpeg

Nope! No package here! Just your imagination Whistle!
A31F8B43-03C5-480F-B787-DF68A4C1FB7B.jpeg

Heh.
A1551E8F-7F36-412C-8E95-5DF744812C3D.jpeg

Now to open!
3580A25F-3816-4D03-A61E-BB1CD44DB3B0.jpeg

Grrrrrrrr. Teeth to tear package! Lol
FBCBDD29-29FE-4DA6-BEFA-C015BCAF506C.jpeg

Nothing to see here hooman! Just playing!
537D792E-3D39-4BBD-8A9D-C0399B6E1746.jpeg

Not for you Kodiak!
04D19FBF-F561-418D-8353-763A57D6646C.jpeg

Starting to open! Yay!
2BB839A9-CDBF-497D-8EEE-CB0A287DB5A4.jpeg

Hey Muffin! Want a pet?
2C40B796-A4FC-49DD-867C-CD8A2D4E7BEB.jpeg

Ahhh, kind of busy playing hooman. Maybe later?
D78B25F3-D75B-46FA-AF7C-11558A5142BA.jpeg

My precious Kodiak!
5B458748-2C26-4F9B-8918-87A1E31C99A4.jpeg

Wow. I know I saw the name Whistle on that! I think

C1DCB6B7-D0A0-41E6-B79E-67A6F67F1D3D.jpeg

Kodiak! If you get that away from Muffin, we can share!
Ahhh, I could lose an ear Whistle. I think we better wait. She has to sleep sometime!
A903FBA8-3DC0-4DAB-B375-8B49430C4555.jpeg

Is mine!
6B9F291F-C2F4-4639-8CB6-E3ABD0F858BF.jpeg

They will lose more than an ear!
E4CA4B0A-8961-4DCE-B30C-59E7E59724D1.jpeg

Package open!
BBE3C7F0-0A5C-4FD7-80A7-29A332F14E23.jpeg

Now, how do I get in?
B19D7F5A-9663-4F28-AE4D-40E38E539D45.jpeg

The hole is little but….
D0537031-778A-48C3-8EF2-AB22E416956E.jpeg

Head fits in……gotta stretch…….
EA37F3E2-A177-4C87-B71B-309904225C13.jpeg

Treasure! Catnip!!!! Gotta keep this from the others.
8A0DD155-4ACE-4472-8B6D-761B9F9813B1.jpeg

Heh. Now. While the others are busy chasing Muffin for the catnip, I can Order anything I want and they’ll never know. Snow Blower, treats, cans of chicken…….. maybe an IPad? That would work well for Ipaws! Oh! This book could be a good one! “How to look innocent under pressure. “
1BB495AF-72C0-4424-B102-8E1C88831827.jpeg

:bicolorcat::bluepaw:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering that it's almost 40 years old, my snow blower works just fine- fortunately. It hadn't been run since September, when I changed the oil, but it got a real workout Monday. Still, I had to shovel what felt like a ton of snow from areas that it couldn't go, and cleaning up after it. The laugher came when some guy on the radio said that anyone born before 1977 shouldn't be shovelling. Too late; already done

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Red skies at morning; sailors take warning
Red skies at night; sailor's delight
When I was a kid we always quoted about the red sky except we said
Red skies at night sailors delight, red skies at dawning sailors take warning.
Same meaning though. I'd forgotten all about it, thank you for the remembrance. :touched:Morning does make a better rhyme.

Status
Not open for further replies.