Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The old feral Tom that saved a life.
Awww... such a gorgeous boy. Thanks for sharing his pic. :angelcat:

Bonjour is so excited to be included as a featured kitty, he decided to show off his zoomie capabilities. He is a wild and fluffy panther tonight! Lol
And I'm excited to see Bonjour featured. :dancingblackcat:

While looking back for pictures of Marcus I found photos of some of the kitties in younger days. These are kitties from the first colony that was mostly Felv. These are the kitties that survived to meet and love being part of the new the Clowder.
Oh, more pics we haven't seen before! :yess: Young Smokey and Mackie were adorable. But Dolly was absolutely precious. :blackcat2:
And that last pic of Cheetah. Yup, definitely not like other cats. :lol:

Any updates on the Catavan? How about your poor toe?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay optimistic and keep telling yourself the best is yet to come.
I'll try & I certainly hope so. :crossfingers:

I got the last case of 32 cans of Friskies.
Oh man, not again. I guess I'll have to start hunting for it again...😭

I wished he had agreed to come in sooner but I guess there was a language barrier.
Yes, that happens sometimes. But we'll get past those barriers & get it done. 🤝

I get agitated too! Lol Life is not what we dream of in many ways.
Yes, life can't always be a front loader. :flail:

Something small can become great.
Well I certainly have a billion small things that I enjoy. Maybe one of them will strike a match, into something big? 🔥

an advocate for kitties and for the lives of others.
This sounds like your job description exactly. ;)

was evacuated though! To safety.
I like that idea. ✈🚗

LORD I miss that cat!
We all have one of those. Or several...😢

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try & I certainly hope so. :crossfingers:

Oh man, not again. I guess I'll have to start hunting for it again...😭

Yes, that happens sometimes. But we'll get past those barriers & get it done. 🤝

Yes, life can't always be a front loader. :flail:

Well I certainly have a billion small things that I enjoy. Maybe one of them will strike a match, into something big? 🔥

This sounds like your job description exactly. ;)

I like that idea. ✈🚗

We all have one of those. Or several...😢
Hang in there M maggiedemi When the going gets tough---the tough gets going! We will get through this new round of shortages and anything else thrown at us. Hang tough! 💪🙂

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to go to the post office earlier about 3:30 and took a few photos. This is one of the art decorated buildings downtown with the moon in the East.
20220112_025714.jpg

Our local Pink Elephants Irish cousin has come to visit.
20220112_025428.jpg

And a down the alley shot of the decorated giant pine in front of the Governors mansion.
20220112_025813.jpg
20220112_025838.jpg

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Asked to update, jcat jcat wore out and toe throbbing. Washer was installed working ok. Dim bulbs who installed it had unplugged the dryer & both had to be moved to plug it back in. Hot water heater unfixable she will be searching for one later today. Catmobile rolling again. Nite, or good morning, folks.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Asked to update, jcat jcat wore out and toe throbbing. Washer was installed working ok. Dim bulbs who installed it had unplugged the dryer & both had to be moved to plug it back in. Hot water heater unfixable she will be searching for one later today. Catmobile rolling again. Nite, or good morning, folks.
:thud:Sorry everyone that I didn't realize I'd used jcat moniker instead of jcatbird! :doh::doh::gaah:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've just heard from Hekitty's vet. She has very nominal hyperthyroidism. They are going to start her on Methimazole until I can arrange for her to have radioactive iodine treatments. I am pretty sure that my care credit will cover it, but I'll have to figure out how to get from here to Wilmington, which will be a feat! Her kidneys look great, although the doctor mentioned that her urine was a little dilute, and said she remembered me telling her that Hek sucks back water like a camel in August (actually quoted that back to me), and she thought that was the reason, and of far less concern that concentrated urine would be.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I've just heard from Hekitty's vet. She has very nominal hyperthyroidism. They are going to start her on Methimazole until I can arrange for her to have radioactive iodine treatments. I am pretty sure that my care credit will cover it, but I'll have to figure out how to get from here to Wilmington, which will be a feat! Her kidneys look great, although the doctor mentioned that her urine was a little dilute, and said she remembered me telling her that Hek sucks back water like a camel in August (actually quoted that back to me), and she thought that was the reason, and of far less concern that concentrated urine would be.
:grouphug2::grouphug::hangin::hugs: :redheartpump::hearthrob::heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 . Never a boring moment at Chez Catbird.

Hope things go well today, Jcatbird Jcatbird , and that your toe stops throbbing, you find a replacement hot water heater, and then you get to do loads and loads of laundry, while relaxing, surrounded by a clowder of cats. :vibes::petcat::catlove:
👍. :yeah::catrub::redheartpump::hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 *PRAYERS* for Hek!!! Hoping her care team and you will be able to keep her comfy and healthy as possible for a long time. With our fountain and bowls of water around the place, a lot of water is consumed, and I always count that as good.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 TYSM for the plethora of good post! It looks gorgeous where you are. Who doesn't love FLW? My mom grew up in IL and it's attractive to me. I visited once, when I was REALLY small, so don't have much recollection of it.
*When it rains, it pours* indeed. Feast or famine. It's about time for the "feast" of Murphy to take a little hiatus, Jcatbird Jcatbird , isn't it? *PRAYERS* for your foot, your appliances, yourself, and all at Chez Catbird. ENOUGH already! Praying for a long stretch of boring-sameness days where you can regroup, R&R, and spend quality time with the furred and whiskered contingent.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Update:
Banjo picked up the catamavan, thoughts are that she paid for it since the credit card's missing.

Toe and back aching pretty badly.

Expensive new hot water heater hopefully is being delivered tomorrow.

Jcatbird Jcatbird is totally wiped. She sends loving thoughts to everyone and thanks so much for all the moral support and love being sent her way.

Mentioned that if she is able to post later it will be a short one.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:
Banjo picked up the catamavan, thoughts are that she paid for it since the credit card's missing.

Toe and back aching pretty badly.

Expensive new hot water heater hopefully is being delivered tomorrow.

Jcatbird Jcatbird is totally wiped. She sends loving thoughts to everyone and thanks so much for all the moral support and love being sent her way.

Mentioned that if she is able to post later it will be a short one.
OMG. May she find that card right away. Glad the transport is back home. Ditto news on hot water heater. May that go without a snag.
*PRAYERS* from the heart for that toe to heal quickly and completely. If you talk to her or if you read this, Jcatbird Jcatbird , if you have a bag you can put uncooked rice in and then put that in the microwave for no more than 2 min. and then put it outside your clothes, on your back, it may help. You can tie it to yourself too. I know people use those commercial heat/cool patches -- maybe you prefer that. My chiro advised me never to use dry heat on the back, only moist heat. I hope you get some relief soon.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Wishing you the winning Powerball ticket and lots and lots of hugs to go with it. :grouphug:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Carleton just had the I-131 treatment last month and he goes for his post T-4 test tomorrow. Prior to that he was on Methimazole until we could save up for the radioactive iodine treatment. If there's anything you would like to know or ask please feel free to pm me. I would be more than glad to share since it was a very positive experience. (I'd be glad to drive you to Wilmington if I lived closer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.