My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird and to others, thanks for the kindness and care.

On a different note, let me tell you an update on Marble. Some of you guys may know the story about the kitty which I mistook to have no owner and which the owner damaged my catio just to get Marble out while I was not around, thus risking my other indoor cats. Despite what happened I continued to feed Marble and the others (sometimes still sneaking Marble inside our apartment so I can make sure he eats enough). Then the other day I accidentally met with the owner while I was feeding the cats outside. He was looking for Marble whom at that time was eating in my kitchen. So I told him honestly that Marble is inside, but I will let him out after dinner, expecting for some hostility between us. Then to my surprise he said, "THANK YOU. I APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MY CATS AND TO THE OTHER CATS AS WELL."

So I mellowed up and said, "Please do not do anything to my catio especially when I am not in the home, because if any of my cats escape and not be able to come back I will be devastated." He said sorry. Then I also reminded him that Marble is not safe outside and could be ran over by a car or something, being still a kitten.

Anyhow, we parted in a friendlier manner. So all's well that ends well, so to speak. :)
64BB96C6-0BDB-40EE-8611-872F399A9C93.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose The kitties love you! They love NY Catman and his wife too. Houses of rescue and sanctuary. The cats know. ;)

N NY cat man Can you make room for us? Lol I would like a little house JUST Like that!! If I curl up and the kitties pile up on me, I think we could fit. :lol: That is wonderful!! You have skills I greatly admire. Thanks for sharing the photo.:heartshape:Inspiratiin for others!
It would be a rather tight squeeze, as I made the house large enough for a cat to be comfortable, but not so large that it would lose too much body heat. Too, the floor and walls contain a 1" layer of rigid foam insulation sandwiched between the outer and inner layers.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Then the other day I accidentally met with the owner while I was feeding the cats outside. He was looking for Marble whom at that time was eating in my kitchen. So I told him honestly that Marble is inside, but I will let him out after dinner, expecting for some hostility between us. Then to my surprise he said, "THANK YOU. I APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MY CATS AND TO THE OTHER CATS AS WELL."

So I mellowed up and said, "Please do not do anything to my catio especially when I am not in the home, because if any of my cats escape and not be able to come back I will be devastated." He said sorry. Then I also reminded him that Marble is not safe outside and could be ran over by a car or something, being still a kitten.
Good to hear that it turns out well :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patch, the calico
Got any pics of her? I love the multi-colored kitties. 😍 Do your neighbors spend time with her?

The shower is the best place for tears.
Oh heck no! Crying is too messy, it ruins my shower. Plus I swore off crying anyway. Done enough for a lifetime. 🚿

help carry you through to a better day
That says it all. Keep going, so you can see what comes next. ☀

We hold each other up when needed. I have often owed people here a great deal for being my support.
Kinda like a support beam. Get up, stay up, keep moving. 🙌

When my mother was a girl she walked her hare on a harness and leash. She lived in the big city and would take him down to the ice cream parlor.
Ah, wish I had a mother like that. Now I see where you get your empathy/compassion from. 🐇

No popcorn these days though. Not allowed any more and I miss it.
Real corn is better for you anyway. Can you have regular corn? Seems like your doc outlawed everything! 😩

Houses of rescue and sanctuary.
Hidden life metaphor for me? ;)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It would seem so. On occasion, he would allow me to get fairly close, like when he was hanging out in the flower beds and I was deadheading them. This is, as I said, the first time that he has approached me. He has been coming around for a couple of years now, so maybe there is a little trust developing.
💝 I'm glad he's initiating contact. Yep the best way to get Gypsy to come (without crinkling a greenies inside or a meat stick wrapper outside) is to ignore her and pretend to be doing something interesting without her.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BJ has a respiratory illness, runny nose, sneezing, ear infection and generally feels a bit rough. He is now on four medicines to get him straightened out. He did rally well to flirt with the vets and techs though! Good ole BJ! He had everyone giving him attention. Lol He can work a room!
Awww... BJ, hon. Hope you feel better soon. :redheartpump::catlove:

So I told him honestly that Marble is inside, but I will let him out after dinner, expecting for some hostility between us. Then to my surprise he said, "THANK YOU. I APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MY CATS AND TO THE OTHER CATS AS WELL."
What a wonderful update. :redheartpump:

Your wish granted. Here is Patch, the indoor/outdoor calico.
IMG_0668.JPG
Oh, she's a beauty, N NY cat man . :hearthrob:
Oh, btw, I see you went with the "litter" signature line. Love it. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 You know it is best to support the ferals and keep the cats we are guardian to, inside. I can tell you though that ferals don’t catch as many birds as you might think. Lots of studies have been done. Although some healthy birds are caught, mostly ferals eat other things and the birds they do catch are often weak or have health issues and it is sort of nature’s way to leave the strong and healthy to get the resources available to them. Humans are the great threat to birds. Loss of habitat being huge and pollution of resources. Gosh. Remember the DDT problems?! Terrible. Around here the great stretches of woods are being taken as rapid rates. Thousands of acres going for roads, factories and now just for container storage lots. We need to preserve the earth better. Ferals and all other creatures need habitat.
Dear Waffles, BJ says to tell you that you are missing out. You get shorter thermometer time in bum, cats treats offered abd super head scratches if you play it right. Plus, you get to explore everything! Well….except for the top of the cabinets because my human stopped me. Did get to explore the sink and counter tops though! I now own that exam room because I rubbed chin scent on everything! Join me and we will own the world! :climbcat:
Love, BJ

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Awww! That is so great that the fellow thanked you! He has discovered that you are helping. He should appreciate you! Perhaps he is learning from you and you are passing on knowledge. Yay!!! Marble is precious! That is an adorable kitty. Great photo! It warms my heart to hear this.

M maggiedemi I wish I could have seen Mom walking her big hate and watched it holding the ice cream cone! Smart bunny. Of course, Whistle would have been terrified. Big ears!

A support beam. Solid and holding up.;)

Always a metaphor for you somewhere.

I’m glad you requested a photo of Patch. Beautiful! I know you fell in love! Lol

Corn. One of my all time favorite foods in any form. Corn soufflé! Yum!!!!!!’ I am not supposed to eat corn these days but I do eat some creamed corn once in awhile. I am carful about breaking the rules but have done okay as long as I don’t do it a lot. Popcorn would be a huge no no though. I miss it! Cornbread!!!!! Real butter!!! Mouth watering now! I might try the soufflé again sometime. It is sooooo good! Maybe if I have company sometime. I could eat a little and not waste the rest if someone was here to help eat it.

N NY cat man Well, okay. I think I could squeeze in but if I did, the ferals there would lose their spot. I wouldn’t deprive them for anything! Great building! Loving that!
Patch is beautiful! Eightball and Patch are your Winter flowers. Year ‘round garden!
I think Patch could be called Tabbico or Calico. In my younger days, I certainly would have just said , beautiful Calico.

rubysmama rubysmama BJ seems a little better. No more nose bubbles! :yess: He is getting his favorite foods. Fancy Feast petites and pouch food. Lots of liquids in those. He always tried to snitch those when Smokey got them. Now Banjo tries to snitch them from him. I stand guard while he scarfs it down. Shhh. Don’t tell. I am hiding his meds in there! Lol

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 BJ is improving. I laughed at the picture. Cat nurse and tongue depressor! Made me think of Banjo. Cute picture.
That secret shelter is so great. Hiding in plain dight

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Awww! Such a beautiful big kitty! Wow! It’s great that Shen is getting such loving care. His little meow at the lady is so sweet. He seems to understand she cares. Beautiful!

tabbytom tabbytom BJ says “thank you! “ He is still sneezy but seems some better. He is eating very well now so I hope he is on the mend. He hates his ear medicine but I’m getting the ears washed and meds in. He does share them with me though.:lol: Good head shake and I have droplets everywhere! Wearing my glasses and face mask for that! Lol

“Wake up, be awesome, take a nap.” Sounds like a good plan to me! Lol The kitties love that plan! I am leaning to the wake up and nap part myself.:lol: Long week already.

pearl99 pearl99 Yeo! That’s how it works! I can’t tell you how often I don’t do something because of a content kitty in my lap. I hate to disturb a happy cat Love the poem!

SarahGonzalez SarahGonzalez I see you came to the thread and have joined the site. Welcome!!:welcomesign::heartshape: Very happy to see you here. It’s a great site and if you have any questions or need anything, just speak up. There are lots of great people here and great articles about cats that are very helpful. If you have a kitty, we would all love to hear about him/her. There is a thread for new members to be introduced too. If you have not found it, let us know and we’ll provide a link for you. Welcome!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your wish granted. Here is Patch, the indoor/outdoor calico.
Awww, I love her. I always call them Calico if they have white, Tortie if mostly brown. 😍

You get shorter thermometer time in bum
Oh heck no! :fear:

A support beam. Solid and holding up
Glad to hear it. 🙌

Always a metaphor for you somewhere.
Good, cause I like finding them. 😉

I am not supposed to eat corn these days
I knew it. I can't imagine corn being bad for you. They are even saying butter is healthy nowadays...:dunno:

He is getting his favorite foods. Fancy Feast petites and pouch food. Lots of liquids in those.
I bought my cats some of those Fancy Feast Broths in the pouch that they used to love, but now they hate them! Wonder if they changed them. 🤨

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thanks for sharing the video of Shen with us! When I was small, my parents gave me a stuffie snowy cub and I still have it -- looks just like Shen, who(m?) I hope is well and will thrive, safely and loved!
N NY cat man Calico, Calaby or Tabico, she's a colorful beauty! She has the calico colors and tabby stripes like our beloved angel Maryam.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Oh, BJ! Get well soon! Glad to hear of the improvement.
IDK what I'd do if I couldn't have corn. It's sacred to us and it's our main source of carbs, which we need for strength. My dad used to say that his dad would scowl and complain if he thought there was sugar in the cornbread. I know it's common to put it in the recipe, but he wouldn't eat it if it was sweet!
Thanks so much for the education on ferals/outdoor/free-roaming cats and the TRUE cause of bird crises. Global studies conducted over many years prove that HUMANS, not cats, are the #1 cause of bird numbers plummeting, but the cat-hating, ignorant segment of the public continue to spew poison about cats rather than addressing the true causes of these problems. And cats are the #1 most loved companions worldwide. They are legally protected in many nations including the US, but too often, the laws are not enforced, as they should be. Who killed 2.9 billion birds since 1970? Not cats, says a look through the glass! - Animals 24-7 is just one of many articles pointing out truth vs. lies. EVERY cat should be respected and protected. They are ADAPTIVE species, never "invasive" species. Humans would be at the top of the "invasive" list!
And yes, SarahGonzalez SarahGonzalez , welcome to TCS! I hope you will enjoy it here in our large and very supportive community of cat lovers!

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi They are changing lots of food formulas lately. I hope BJ still likes them! I had to look everywhere to find those and the petites yesterday. I found one carton of each. I did find out FF classics though. Finally! I got all I could. Enough for a month. :bunnydance:
So happy you were able to get all the food for the Kitties and are good for awhile. I went shopping at Walmart for some other things, but saw they were decently stocked with cat food and got 2 cases of 40 cans of Seafood and Chicken Pates. They haven't had the 40 can cases around for awhile, so glad they are back. 🙂 Praying for you, your brother and BJ. Take care. :vibes::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::happycat:

SarahGonzalez SarahGonzalez Welcome to The Cat Site. There are so many kind helpful people on this site. I am so happy I found this site, it is a real gem!🙂

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I suffer without as much corn as I crave. I actually put some creamed corn in my cornbread. It isn’t sweet except for the sugar in the corn. That’s enough and it makes it a less dry bread. Yum!!
I know that cats get blamed for bird decline but it is only the rare time when a cat gets a bird. Birds are so aware of the cats that they even watch them and alert each other to the prescience of a cat. I have often used the bird alerts to track cats I was searching for outside. The birds lead me straight to them! Blue Jays set off alarms to any threat, cat, hawk, snake and human! Birds are awesome! The ferals here hunted rodents. They make amazing guardians for us humans. It is humans that need to take better care of things. Time to guard our earth! Protect the woods, air and water ways. Past time but never too late. Nature is great about healing and correcting. She is very patient with us. ;)
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you for the prayers. My brother had to go back in hospital and will be allowed some healing time before more surgery. I think he will be allowed to heal awhile at home. It would be great if he could get a break.
BJ has doubled his appetite and this is wonderful to see. He is really enjoying his food again. Yay! I was so relieved to find the food we needed! It was a lot of stuff to load up but now I can rest easy for a bit.
I am being sent a compounded medicine for my foot. I am told it usually works well. Moving forward, step by step.:lol: Staying Pawsitive!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in. One of my very close cousins passed away without warning 5 days ago. We were just talking about her many collection of plants, then the next day I learned she had a heart attack. Our family has lost several just within the recent months, including my biological father, and even so, it does not make us numb from all the shock and grief and sadness. One thing I always learn from losing someone is that everyday we have to tell the people we hold dear how much we love them, and take lots of pictures WITH them. Tomorrow they may no longer be around to fill your phone gallery.
I'm just reading this now, Maria Bayote Maria Bayote and I wanted to offer my heartfelt condolences for your loss, and *PRAYERS* for cousin, and family. Your words are very wise. My mom always said, "I want my flowers while I can smell 'em!" and for so many of us in these times, I think it is all the more bittersweet. Truly, we need to express our love and caring for others. I have "the Sight" and it has so often warned me of impending losses. While I often wish I did not have it, so many things are just unknown to us, and we need to try to accept this. Hopefully your fond memories of your cousin will give comfort now and in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.