My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reported the issue to Walmart, telling them that I was sure it happened during shipping. God bless them, they refunded my entire order.
Walmart is always sending me stuff that I didn't order, and they always tell me to keep it. It's expensive stuff like a cat carrier and dog flea collar. I don't even have a dog, so gave it to my brother. Then a couple times we got tons of food in our pickup order that belonged to somebody else, but they just told us to keep it. That was fun. 👍

Stay safe, stay happy, stay healthy. Our cats need us.
That says it all. Thank you, same back to you, and they do need us, as we need them. :catrub:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anybody else feeling depressed at this season of great joy!

It's the first Sunday in Advent🕯, but although I'm doing my best, putting a few white lights and stars up outside and hanging a wreath on the front door, I cannot get even mildly excited about Christmas. In fact I'm feeling quite miserable - and not only because I have taken Tiffany's 3 kittens to their new home. :dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

I've kept myself busy disinfecting their enclosure and rescuing all their toys from under and behind the furniture. Tiffany is still attacking the other cats, but only because she's frightened. No cat can be bothered to retaliate so she could easily stop growling and just ignore them. Although she has started playing with toys, she continues to spend her time either crouching behind the front door hoping to be let out or begging for food when I happen to be in the kitchen. She still has her dishes and litter boxes in the room where she kept her kittens so she doesn't have to compete with the rest of the clan. At night, I shut her in the room so we can all have a good night's sleep.

But, I can't snap out of this feeling of despair. Accidents and deaths on icy roads happen at this time every year. COVID-19 has been with us long enough for us to have got used to it. New variants turn up regularly, so why can't I respond to all the happy posts "Have a nice first Sunday in Advent" with something positive and heartfelt? I'll have to think of a standard reply - or should I just say "I'm ignoring Christmas this year."

I don't usually drink alcohol on my own, but I have a bottle of cider and recently purchased ASPEN cider spices at an early Christmas market held at a farm for rescued dairy cattle. I am strongly tempted. After a glass of hot mulled cider, I may feel better!

I've cheered myself up just thinking about it! 😋

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a glass of hot mulled cider, I may feel better!
I don't drink alcohol anymore, but my coffee and flavored creamers/cappuccinos definitely are some of the little things that keep me going. Along with cheese, pasta, hot sauce, and my kitties... It's important to just keep going, then better times can come hopefully.
So I say, relax and have your drink of choice. ☕🍷🍺

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's the first Sunday in Advent🕯, but although I'm doing my best, putting a few white lights and stars up outside and hanging a wreath on the front door, I cannot get even mildly excited about Christmas. In fact I'm feeling quite miserable - and not only because I have taken Tiffany's 3 kittens to their new home. :dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

I've kept myself busy disinfecting their enclosure and rescuing all their toys from under and behind the furniture. Tiffany is still attacking the other cats, but only because she's frightened. No cat can be bothered to retaliate so she could easily stop growling and just ignore them. Although she has started playing with toys, she continues to spend her time either crouching behind the front door hoping to be let out or begging for food when I happen to be in the kitchen. She still has her dishes and litter boxes in the room where she kept her kittens so she doesn't have to compete with the rest of the clan. At night, I shut her in the room so we can all have a good night's sleep.

But, I can't snap out of this feeling of despair. Accidents and deaths on icy roads happen at this time every year. COVID-19 has been with us long enough for us to have got used to it. New variants turn up regularly, so why can't I respond to all the happy posts "Have a nice first Sunday in Advent" with something positive and heartfelt? I'll have to think of a standard reply - or should I just say "I'm ignoring Christmas this year."

I don't usually drink alcohol on my own, but I have a bottle of cider and recently purchased ASPEN cider spices at an early Christmas market held at a farm for rescued dairy cattle. I am strongly tempted. After a glass of hot mulled cider, I may feel better!

I've cheered myself up just thinking about it! 😋
I don't have holidays now, and although I love and look forward to Autumn and Winter I don't ever love all the holiday stuff. I try to just enjoy it as secular holiday but it isn't easy.
*PRAYERS* for the kittens to be safe, healthy, comfortable, warm, well cared for and LOVED always! I know it's hard and you miss them. But what is good for them is what we all want, bottom line.
As to the pandemic, it is with us for life, in one form or another. Masking, hand washing, social distancing and staying home when possible is still and always the best protecting for ourselves and everyone else. That's what I'll always do. There's nothing wonderful to do anyway, and society is becoming so crazy I'd rather not go out except when I have to.
Glad you are feeling better. Hope you continue to do so. I know this season affects a lot of people that way. The good thing about it is that it will pass!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish everyone a good week. Take each day as it comes and try to see the good in it. I do find myself depressed too around this time of year. I had been watching the Hallmark Christmas movies-which really leaves me depressed in the end. I am going through a bad bout of insomia, so that definitely a factor. I am hanging in there. So for anyone else feeling depressed during these holidays --know you are not alone. Big hugs from me. 🤗 Hang in there! 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish everyone a good week. Take each day as it comes and try to see the good in it. I do find myself depressed too around this time of year. I had been watching the Hallmark Christmas movies-which really leaves me depressed in the end. I am going through a bad bout of insomia, so that definitely a factor. I am hanging in there. So for anyone else feeling depressed during these holidays --know you are not alone. Big hugs from me. 🤗 Hang in there! 🙂
Back at'cha! So many of us are down in this time, for many different reasons. But the good thing is, these times will pass! AND...we have our beloved CATS with us to bring comfort, sweetness, loyalty and love, warmth and softness, silliness, playfulness, camaraderie and maybe even a seasonal furball or two :crackup:
I was really stressed last night as my next door neighbor left his floodlight on...I thought, oh, I've had two restful nights without it where I thought my note to them worked! and now THIS! but eventually he/they shut it off, before I turned in, so I was able to sleep. I'm sure I disturb Baby Su and Elvis a lot more than they do me, during the night. Somehow, we make it through. Hoping you have furry bed partner(s) to help you, too!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Back at'cha! So many of us are down in this time, for many different reasons. But the good thing is, these times will pass! AND...we have our beloved CATS with us to bring comfort, sweetness, loyalty and love, warmth and softness, silliness, playfulness, camaraderie and maybe even a seasonal furball or two :crackup:
I was really stressed last night as my next door neighbor left his floodlight on...I thought, oh, I've had two restful nights without it where I thought my note to them worked! and now THIS! but eventually he/they shut it off, before I turned in, so I was able to sleep. I'm sure I disturb Baby Su and Elvis a lot more than they do me, during the night. Somehow, we make it through. Hoping you have furry bed partner(s) to help you, too!
Thank you. I call my neighbors behind my house--The Light House Keeper because they do the same thing. I do wear a eye mask, so that helps at times, but this week was one of the bad weeks. Just a stubborn case of insomia.

I have my lovely indoor kitty to keep me company and then all the furries outside. Which reminds me--time feed them again so they have something in their tummies for the night. Well, got to run. Have a good night tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and everyone else. I will be back on again tomorrow. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I call my neighbors behind my house--The Light House Keeper because they do the same thing. I do wear a eye mask, so that helps at times, but this week was one of the bad weeks. Just a stubborn case of insomia.

I have my lovely indoor kitty to keep me company and then all the furries outside. Which reminds me--time feed them again so they have something in their tummies for the night. Well, got to run. Have a good night tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and everyone else. I will be back on again tomorrow. 🙂
I was so mad! because I don't want to have to put another mask on to sleep. But the guy/family had the decency to understand and so my leaving a note had a good result.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama pearl99 pearl99 Love the pictures and hope your day was great!

M maggiedemi Purrs, prayers, hopes and good wishes are sent on a constant basis.:redheartpump: Never ending. I drink instant too. Always have for the most part. It’s good to me! Lol
I have had best delivery service from Chewy.
I am just an old Maxwell house fan but Ido drink other brands at times. That is just my choice brand.
Kitties and coffee ever day here! No better way to start a day! Muffins and Ladies included
The delivery companies should have a Dolly or hand truck to help carry loads. I got one myself because of carrying hundreds of pounds of litter and food!!Had to!
That’s neat that Walmart gave you those deliveries. They will just write it off their taxes I guess. If anyone should get the benefit, I’m glad you did.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is disgusting that packages were dumped! Some of that could have been crucial for someone! Medicines maybe? I have heard similar stories.
I have gotten smashed cat food and litter from Chewy and Sans but it was the delivery service. FedEx! They also thought it was okay to toss a box of fruit over a five foot fence into concrete!! They still have not cared about the mis package that came here either. I hope the company where the times originate can recoup some money from FedEx! They should!

pearl99 pearl99 Preserving birds for coffee? Plus, plus!!
Mouses need houses too!
I can’t imagine cheese in coffee either! Lol
Kitties and cofffee go great together.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That must be the Meowna Lisa!
That hug picture makes me think of Sarah. Warm hugs! Mmmmm.
That is such a sweet photo of Gypsy! I love it that she held hands with you. They really do understand humans.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope you and Hek had a Happy Fangsgibben! Lol Treats all around! I want to eat with those kittens!
The porch pirates are a possibility. Stealing cat litter would be a let down. Lol Still think it was delivery company though. I nearly fell over laughing when I saw the story of a woman dealing with regular porch pirates. She refilled an Amazon box with used kitty litter and watched on camera as it got stolen. Lolololol The only thing about that is angering a criminal. Not the best idea even though they deserved it. It would have been lost amusing if we could have seen them open it.

BellaGooch BellaGooch I hope you had a great day too! Happy, happy!

N NY cat man I agree. The delivery services have really sunk to an unacceptable level. I am the kind of person who doesn’t stop calling until the responsible party does something to get me to stop. Lol The squeaky wheel or maybe just the pesky mosquito buzzing their ear. I still call FedEx about the lost package at my door. Maybe it will never be picked up but the people answering the phone are earning their pay! Lolololol

If Chewy messed up, they are very good about admitting and correcting it. My guess is the delivery service since it never even made it to your house. I have to think that Chewy will go back on the delivery company for some compensation. Hopefully!

rubysmama rubysmama The kitties had a great day! Chicken for all!! Lol I had to deal with neighborhood issues but I have a lead on nipping that in the bud! Heh! Hoping it works. If it does, I’ll be posting it here!! Someone very official has gotten involved! :banana2::woo::bunnydance: If you are a kitty guardian, you are a kitty hero! We may have new heros coming!!!!!!!! I will be giving thanks for that.

Coming from a distance and national source!
Paws crossed!

strider rose strider rose Well Hi! Good to see you here. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving with hubby and kitties. Definitely!
Banjo supports that message. She is a patriotic girl!! She still thinks she should be president. I happen to agree. Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh My! That video is beautiful! To me it looked like the cat and musician were dancing as he played. Cat dancing. Awwwww! I loved that. The popcorn clouds snd bird on the wire are great photos. Now I want popcorn. Lol Does everyone here love popcorn as much as I do? Theater style butter! :popcorn:

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Thank you! So true. Stay well and safe yourself! Our cats do needs us. The kitties here may be getting extra help. It’s kind of funny in a way. The reason for it is not funny but these are greatly loved kitties. I don’t know of any others getting this service so I hope it works out. I’ll post about it if it materializes. I think everyone here will find it pretty amazing.

rubysmama rubysmama In a time of turmoil, this was an encouraging day! Help with great power! A day of hope.
Love the picture!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl and all the others here who feel down right now, I wanted to respond to this desperately. I do know the feeling. It marks some monumental times for me that were very difficult. I know that winter brings lower light levels which do not help so I try to increase brighter light in my home and try to get more natural light. Maybe it helps. Seeing so many people with joy when we may not feel it can make it harder. As Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose mentions about the Hallmark movies. Everyone there has such a great ending when we may feel differently. I’m sure It’s been hard letting go of the laughter kittens bring. It always was for me. I’m glad you are pushing through to do some decorating. A nice warm mulled cider would be comforting. Small pleasures can really help. I try to find those myself. You are not alone in your feelings. Besides whatever has happened there, we all share world turmoil. Recently I was talking to someone in deep, deep pain. Loss and the world situation has gotten to them. We are all having to change our lives. Me too. I was thinking about society now. To me it is about holding on to a good thought as a hope for what comes. If we are all like the caterpillar and must retreat into a cocoon, it seems it would be a dark place. The caterpillar must be confused and scared as it enters a solitary place to await great changes. Scary even? The little caterpillar must wait and hold onto faith that something will change. Perhaps it envisions something unknown and scary. Change does come. In the end of many patient days, the little caterpillar begins to emerge back into the warmth of the sun. An amazing thing has happened. From a little guy that crawled and ate only leaves, now it finds that it has become a beautiful butterfly and has wings that carry it into the beautiful sky. From eating nothing but green leaves, Niels it flies from one bright , beautiful flower to another to drink the sweetest of nectar. Not only has the world survived, it has become better for the caterpillar. The sky is the limit now. So, from the dark and lonely days, something beautiful and better can come if we just do our best to hold on. Our world may be that of the caterpillar today but the butterfly days are coming. Our hearts are with all those who find these days like the cocoon. We hold flowers in the garden for you. There will be nectar for you. Sending hugs and hope to you and all others who find this time of year to be difficult. I’ll set some flowers aside for you. The nectar is yours. Small Pleasures are the best. Maybe watching Tiffany play? It’s probably the first time in her life she ever had a chance to learn the pleasures of play and you have her that. She is just now discovering the joy of freedom and
self. Quite a gift you gave her!!
1CF91870-DAA1-4C65-9130-AB093FB27471.jpeg
6C23DCFB-3F19-41E6-8921-B108ABF21F6C.jpeg
DC9588C7-E86B-46DD-882F-6D748C501CC3.jpeg
EFFBAD1D-873E-461D-990D-AD187CF1180F.jpeg

The amazing details of something as small as a flower. Maybe something this small goes unnoticed at first but it brings new flowers to our lives later.
983B2FEF-654F-473E-B22E-80D1FB220F96.jpeg

I hope everyone can find some small joy in their hearts each day. We send our love.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a smile post?

kind of down.,
0AF5FE06-345A-4D7B-A7BE-09DAB7E863FC.jpeg

I could use something but I don’t know what.
06A3A83A-2F27-4346-B93F-C3BF239D7406.jpeg

Huuuuuuuh.
F86CCE34-3174-48B4-8EE3-978A2B2AA250.jpeg

I should just look around?
11BCDE5D-FB22-4208-88B3-806271B37084.jpeg

For what?
487E52AB-6C15-4041-8843-FBD4A5A18CC9.jpeg

Okay….. looking!!
7BB6D3FB-BFDF-4888-92EB-73C1CC3A61E2.jpeg

Trying!
BE6CACFB-591A-42C7-8938-EEC85AAA156F.jpeg

I don’t see anything.
0E285719-4F75-4F20-8217-EB443043D60B.jpeg

Well Banjo, hold on!
0C64E7A3-EB44-4D38-B5B5-1A83F8F1D148.jpeg

I have been.
0580B5B2-71B5-4AE8-A562-F4A68FB9D1B3.jpeg

You just never know Banjo.
91FF5E8D-8154-4FA0-939E-E83F74101504.jpeg

What’s going on with Banjo??
A833EE15-6132-494F-B84D-98D101704820.jpeg

Feeling a bit lost??
BA07329B-CAE8-4CAF-B727-2593828DAA64.jpeg

Then follow this!!
2CB8DDA7-56F9-4666-B76E-1461607853A7.jpeg

Switch to the right.
2724C691-810B-441F-9EF2-20541753D64A.jpeg

Wiggle to the left.
1C112301-9692-4151-97D0-945C4C4236BA.jpeg

Are you watching? Waaaay left!
8C2C7B0A-8D1E-41F9-A8E2-F4D8574C1AD8.jpeg

Flipping over you to the right!
FA83993B-0272-4830-B6F1-66442819AE11.jpeg

Left cross over!
71F75EE0-0388-4675-AD07-704690A89905.jpeg

Way left wiggle!
8F9B6088-9747-44C5-A2DF-E3D8BDB820D9.jpeg

Are you looking Banjo?
AA126D8D-76A1-49A5-B875-0ABDFE7B46E7.jpeg

Left.
78269366-B364-4171-A84C-CC5900DE2A64.jpeg

Wiggle out of range!!
CBAF5B0A-0213-45C6-BF55-F7B2DECB65D6.jpeg

It is tenpting to grab but how do I know it’s fun??
388B0A33-5F2B-4A53-8429-F7E2B5AEDFB2.jpeg

You just never know what could be fun an right under your nose!
62F3D49B-FFFC-42A7-9253-0DD3E92B0589.jpeg

Heh! Amazing tail move Muffin!!
87C7505D-9556-4F45-959E-BB19BE436D2D.jpeg

Okay. I get it. Something funny is right under my nose!
1323EA1A-5992-48D4-82F2-84E87FF941DC.jpeg

That little thing did make me smile. What’s next? Can I chase it?
26CFE7CC-DDFD-460F-8D48-C8826170761B.jpeg

Ummmm. Chase Muffin? Well…..that might make the rest of us laugh but I think it might backfire on you Banjo!! How about a toy? Lolololol

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in. One of my very close cousins passed away without warning 5 days ago. We were just talking about her many collection of plants, then the next day I learned she had a heart attack. Our family has lost several just within the recent months, including my biological father, and even so, it does not make us numb from all the shock and grief and sadness. One thing I always learn from losing someone is that everyday we have to tell the people we hold dear how much we love them, and take lots of pictures WITH them. Tomorrow they may no longer be around to fill your phone gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.