My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
For those wondering about these, it's because early this morning Burdock went to join Velcro across the Rainbow Bridge. Sorry, but that's all I'm good for right now. I'll be back later; when I can't say.
I'm
IMG_3272.GIF
and
FC7C1F94-0DE0-4A18-BD0C-577A7E845CB0$L0$001~photo.gif
to hear this.

Much hugs from January and me
A8DA42A6-2B66-4946-A8CE-81000E606EBF$L0$001~photo.JPG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Whst is it about licking a spoon that makes things taste better?:lol:
I remember when I was little that when mother baked, the cakes and brownies were so good but somehow, licking the batter from the mixing spoon was always the most exciting treat. Why is it that the most wonderful part in baking desserts is licking up the leftover batter from spoons or beaters? Or, was it just me? :p It works with cats!!
I've probably mentioned this before, but my mom was an avid baker, so we licked the spoon, spatula, beaters and bowl of many a cake. These days, of course, that's no longer a safe thing to do, but somehow, back then, we never got sick from eating cake batter.

As for cats and spoons, I've never tried giving Ruby anything on a spoon, but it would be great if it worked, as it's impossible to give her meds.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For those wondering about these, it's because early this morning Burdock went to join Velcro across the Rainbow Bridge. Sorry, but that's all I'm good for right now. I'll be back later; when I can't say.
My deepest regrets and sincere condolences to your wife and you. :hugs: I don't check this thread regularly but came across your post and wanted to express my heartfelt sympathies. RIP sweet Burdock.:angel:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 399049View attachment 399050
💔😿😞🌈💝💖💞 So very sorry to read your news. Burdock and Velcro are meeting new friends and also watching over you. You all will meet someday at the Rainbow Bridge.😽
20211018_125605.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Oh no! I am so very sorry. My heart fell when I saw that. It fell for you all. The best thing I can think of to offer is that he is well, happy, free and is loved as much as any of us can be loved. He was surely greeted by Velcro, Smokey, Sarah and so very many others who feel our hearts right now. Again, I am so very sorry. ☹ Tonight Burdock will dance on rainbows. He will have fluffy clouds for a bed. He was very smart and very lucky to have found you.,
A5364DEF-FBF5-44E3-8F11-CA29FE679578.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Besutiful sunset! I always feel better when looking at the sky.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mackie knows he likes stuff from a spoon. Lol Otherwise, I could not have tricked him. The meds were diluted by something yummy. Normally I just tuck things in his food but he was holding out yesterday for a treat. Very smart cat!
I agree that no generation should grow up under a could of generalizations. I know many amazing young people.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I saw that Chewy has a compounding pharmacy now.:yess: Transdermal is a great idea!

rubysmama rubysmama Hey! Maybe that would work with Ruby! Worth trying! I think the kitties see us eating that way and like to do what we do. I started this with favorite foods and they know it means a treat and is special.
Yes! How did we not get sick from raw eggs? Lol I never did either.:dunno:

strider rose strider rose That is really funny! Do I get a flying broom with that?

tabbytom tabbytom Hmmmm. You may have solved a mystery. We didn’t get sick from raw eggs because our mothers tricked us! There was medicine in that batter! :flail:Mom told me that the bitterness was just a bit of unblended bakers chocolate!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I love that frog picture!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it that the most wonderful part in baking desserts is licking up the leftover batter from spoons or beaters? Or, was it just me? :p It works with cats!!
My mom let us lick beaters, spatula, and bowl also. I let Katie do it too when she was little. Then my mom would try to hide the baked dessert from us- in the dryer, the washer...but we figured that out.

IMHO they are doing some amazingly wonderful things and many of them care a great deal about our planet and those who (are supposed to!) share it with us. If there is any hope, it is in them and, of course, in the ones who teach them the things that are REALLY important.
I agree, many in this upcoming generation sees clearly what's going on and many care.

For those wondering about these, it's because early this morning Burdock went to join Velcro across the Rainbow Bridge
Oh I'm so sorry. Rest well and fly free, Burdock. I'm sure Pearl is playing with the kitties arriving and we'll all be together someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.