My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just as a lady never sweats, a lady also never has fleas. ;)
So often I wonder how we endure and keep going after our losses. We know our loved ones watch over us and that we will be with them again, but it is piercing when we lose them and have to continue our lives without them. As part of my study of comparative religion I read one version of the Bible from cover to cover (skimming over the "begats) and I always related so deeply to the Scripture that talks about 'a sword has pierced my own heart.' I don't know how many here are following the news of missing persons, a subject I have always been interested in since there are missing persons in my family. I empathize so deeply but again, I can't wrap my mind around the personal facts of people and families having to go on, day after day, presenting themselves to the world while their hearts have been pierced forever. Somehow, they do. They are definitely in my most heartfelt *Prayers* -- for me, of course, my feral and rescued cats have always been the balm for my soul.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5W1JuqBU7fcg *Spoiled. And deserving.*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I follow them on Instagram. Catman Chris Poole is a great rescue advocate and a wonderful human being.🖤💔😿😞🌈💝💖😽
He truly is! I watched that channel and seen his tnr and rescue projects. He even worked with the Big Cats awhile ago. 🦁🐯🐅🐆 He is a great advocate for feline kind. Love him. ❤❤❤

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the birthday wishes and the flowers! Those flowers would have been right up her alley! Lol She loved roses. Pink too. Her smile lit up a room and her mom. Lol It still does. Funny how the smiles and laughter stay with us. Treasure in the best way.:heartshape: Contagious too!
Awhhh thanks. The minute I saw them, it was like the room got brighter--- they drew me in. Glad to hear that Sarah would have loved these flowers. Beautiful flowers to match that beautiful smile. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

I just read below about your confrontation with a trapper and how you educated him about the feral kitties. Kudos!!! You are the best advocate the feral kitties can have. I will pray that he does the right thing. Hang in there.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Okay….. maybe I am not ancient …. Yet. Just working my way there. Lol My Dad is in his nineties so, I can’t claim it until I get there. Lol

tabbytom tabbytom I love the way you think! A collectors item!:flail: As long as I don’t collect dust, I’m great with that!

Lari Lari I may be around your parents age. It’s kind of hard to figure out age online. I was beyond college age when I had Sarah. Just. Lol A lady never tells her age?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 And a Lady never has fleas!
The missing are the hardest in many ways. That leaves us to wonder but also may leave us some hope.
Knowing some are forever gone is a sword but to us and not them. I feel it myself. I try to honor those gone in ways that they would like. Not always easy but always a good tact to take. With Sarah, it was all about sharing love and happiness. She would be mad at me if I didn’t continue on her behalf. Lol Can’t have that! I remind myself of that often. The kitties remind me too so it’s purrty easy with them here.
My prayer would be for us all to be able to keep going with love. Cat love is a good way.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Beautiful picture. Sun flowers for my sunshine. Thank you! Gorgeous sky.
Ummmm, that sign covers nearly everyone! Some are in nearly every category too. Nice thoughts for all who are lacking, struggling or hurting.:redheartpump:

Well, I had a bit of a battle today. I had been trying to get out all morning for a shot. Everything seemed to delay me. Finally, I called my ride and we were off. Running late and barely enough time to get there, we spotted something. I had to go back. A man was dumping a trap. Yep. Traffic kept us from stopping him but he got quite an education. The company he works for is a warehouse. He was told to trap and get rid of a coon and some cats. He caught one cat. I must have erupted from that car. Too late to stop him but, he learned a lot over the next half hour. He explained that he had called animal control in that county and been told not to bring the cat, just dump it? It is a crime! He was horrified, either by me or by the information. Maybe both. I was not yelling or mean but very upset. I gave all the rules, laws and educated him as to why this was horrible snd detrimental as well as just plain ignorant on the part of the company. I told him I could call the cops or he could become a cat helper. He willingly gave me his info, company info, apologies snd promises. He also assured me he would return to put food and water for that cat and notify me of any further cats are trapped. I gave him the proper channels to follow for cats and coon. I called his phone on the spot to verify he gave me correct number. He truly seemed remorseful. He said he thought that it seemed weird to be told to just haul it off and felt bad. I explained he should have trusted his instincts over right snd wrong. He tried explaining he had seen so many cats loose, he thought it was okay in this state. He is from another. I explained he had just contributed to the very problem we fight against. Let him know he must now become part of the solution. No matter what I said, he remained respectful. My driver thought he was scared but he was three times my size. Lol In the end, he promised to return there for regular feedings. Yeah, right! I had to make my appointment but I called animal control on my way. They assured me it is unlawful and abuse. The lady I spoke to said they would never say to dump on someone’s property. She did not say they would never say dump st all. She took my name and number so an officer could call me. Yeah. Hasn’t yet. I also called a rescue group in that county to report the whole thing snd give a detailed location. I took photos of the exact spot and told where I had tracked the paw prints to. After my appointment I returned but no sign of the cat. I bought some dishes and left canned food snd two of water near the brush line. However, to my surprise, the young man had also been there. There was a large stainless bowl filled with ice and water and another bowl of dry food. I left him a note in the sand. GOOD! WILL BE CHECKING! He had also texted me a photo of the food and water with a message, Done.” I had explained that dusk and dawn would require food snd water in order for this cat, removed from everything he knew, to survive. I am hoping the feral group I have worked with in that county will try to find the kitty and also stop that company from doing this again. I haven’t been this angry or moved this fast in a long time. Not quite fast enough. I am not done yet though! I will be making other calls and contacts. There is a large stretch of woods there.I don’t know if we will find that cat but I am trying everything I know for him. Prayers included. I keep thinking of more I might have said but I think that controlling myself was best since the guy seemed to have had his conscience hit. I even tried to recruit him and planted the idea that if he could rescue that one or the others, I would help him to socialize them, as ferals can become the greatest companions he could ever hope to meet. I will be contacting him again soon. May be a waste of time but worth the effort. If he does not reply, I have his name for the authorities. Maybe the rescue group will handle this. Hoping, hoping, hoping. Be okay kitty! We are going to be looking for you! Look for a good human and shelter.:vibes::bicolorcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for me to rest and decompress. With cat help.

What are you playing with Banjo?
3E9304AE-E38A-482B-9CAD-A5D680963DFE.jpeg

I’m not playing.
8494FB15-19AF-42EE-955B-6A59D93D555F.jpeg

I have something to say.
C5CC9EF5-7C5A-4085-AFF2-D32DC95188C1.jpeg

I got this off the pink cage. It’s a message.
FB02255F-44CB-4414-A37D-C9C4043E8CC2.jpeg

Don’t worry about those cats. We’ll get a handle on things. Time for some R+R!
FB8D89D4-0D95-4D43-B562-20ABE2898747.jpeg

Every cat is finding a spot. Lol Lady came down from the bookcase.
AF1CEBD9-9D16-494E-9D77-C7918AEC0ABB.jpeg

Flowers chose a carrier.
E1CF5518-FD69-4330-9B12-30C12D38B94A.jpeg

Purry chose a carrier!
7588A874-8E1F-47AC-94AB-636A1C4543E3.jpeg

Banjo retired to her house.
D77E508D-14FB-4962-89C5-1A94158E357D.jpeg

That is Whistle ear fur I see! :lol:
FA884C47-7449-4629-959E-FB59188BCB16.jpeg

Thrasher looks pretty in pink.
D3B829E2-8B23-4E5D-A2BC-10EEC9EB3F9B.jpeg

Bonjour got in a carrier too.
DAF4AFAF-3646-4858-879B-C21DFAFE04AB.jpeg

Muffin in a box!
1A93F6ED-9846-4B08-A53D-BE7D099BD35B.jpeg

Dolly always claims the sofa.
3603149F-C297-4830-B41E-D5817F420516.jpeg

I think my idea is the be
06944427-652F-4BD0-93BD-DB997D227E2D.jpeg

Whostle a nice tune, stretch out and
FDC1B24C-5225-46AE-B49D-059B002A8A81.jpeg

Gather all the stuffed toys and kitties to snuggle in the bed.,
98CA6379-710B-4001-834A-0C106DFA40E9.jpeg

A bowl of ice cream snd some treats could be good in bed too!!
ED8B8795-E485-4377-8319-7B1C688DD8F6.jpeg

Lol The kitties always know what to do. Agreed, kitties, stuffed toys, ice cream and treats! Slumber party!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you can join us right where you are! Get yourself some popcorn or something! Find a good piece of music or a good old movie. Or, listen to purrs on YouTube.:purr:
Oh!!! Go to the photos and video threads here! They are the best! Love the videos! This is my go to for laughs. A Meow Meow Gif A Day Keeps The Woof Woof Away

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres some pics of Blue from us playing this afternoon..
Oh my what a gorgeous kitty! He looks so happy.

How about some tabby faces? It might net be all that is needed for an ID and may be confusing still but it’s a start!
Thanks for the pictures and names. I can start to put names with faces! Sometimes I have kitties assigned to see who are in a colony room at the shelter, and I walk in and there are 5 brown tabbies and I'm so see one or two of them...I need to be a detective to figure out who is who if they don't have a collar on (a breakaway collor) so I have some skills in that area!

The neatest thing I found was a airline itinerary for a Lt. Col., leaving from somewhere in the Middle East (I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten where), and final destination in California. HE CAME HOME!
That's so cool. I get books in my Little Free Library with notes written on the pages, and always wonder what the story is.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , a belated birthday wish for Sarah. She shines through your posts. I hope she's met my kitties and dogs- Princess, Smokey, Samantha, Pearl, Milkshake, Minnie Mouse (actually a parakeet)- to name just a few.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I love the way you think! A collectors item!:flail: As long as I don’t collect dust, I’m great with that!
Lol....................... :lol: Some people refers themselves as dinosaur when it comes to mordern technologies.

A man was dumping a trap. Yep. Traffic kept us from stopping him but he got quite an education. The company he works for is a warehouse. He was told to trap and get rid of a coon and some cats. He caught one cat. I must have erupted from that car. Too late to stop him but, he learned a lot over the next half hour. He explained that he had called animal control in that county and been told not to bring the cat, just dump it? It is a crime! He was horrified, either by me or by the information. Maybe both.
You did a good job here educating this man and I hope he realized what he has done is not right and hopefully he'll learn the precious lessons from you and becomes a cat advocate. :rock:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wasn't able to enjoy the nightly post as much as usual, as I was still upset from reading the one about the cat dumper Just thinking about that poor cat, is breaking my heart. :bawling: I hope he is able to find someone to take care of him. Or by some miracle will be re-trapped and taken to safety.

I'm glad the cat dumper was willing to be educated about the plight of ferals and why moving them from one spot where they're unwanted to somewhere for them to fend for themselves is not the answer. Poor guy, though, since it's his employer who really was in the wrong. Sad, isn't it, that raccoons and feral cats are lumped together as "pests" to be gotten "rid of". :(

And, Jcatbird Jcatbird , as if we needed more proof that you are are a "kitty hero", this was it. Stopping on the way to your own appointment to confront an animal dumper, with no idea how he would react. You truly are an amazing animal advocate. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, rubysmama rubysmama and strange, because cats are the nation's and world's favorite companions, far more so than (dogs)! and it is a felony in all 50 states to harm a cat. Raccoons are not pests either, but wildlife trying to survive (and usually pretty successfully, as they're smart and adaptable) in what is left of their habitat with human overpopulation running rampant.
Jcatbird Jcatbird your account made me so grateful to you! You have done a wonderful thing and you may very well have made a fellow advocate for cats! What people don't know, they can't feel much about; and humane education is SO important! You have done such an excellent job of educating him. May it take deep roots! And may those cats find safe haven and love!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. I am sure she felt the hugs and shared them. I played music a lot yesterday. She adored music. For this birthday she got her friend Smokey back. I imagine they all danced up there last night. Our loved ones are all together.
I"m sure that she and my dad have become fast friends, with their mutual love of cats, and his unending love and respect for women of all ages, from the tiniest babe in arms to the most bent, wizened great-grandmother. Loved them all in a pure, joyous way.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Thank you for the birthday wishes for Sarah! I bet she is giving hugs to all the fur babies connected to us. She loved all creatures.
You have learned to read tabby! Lol The markings may have subtle differences but seeing them in person gives you a chance to learn the patterns. Some are harder than others. Lol
Although I was always told not to write in books, I love finding notes in the margins. Like you, I imagine there is a story behind the notes. Stories inside of stories? Lol It’s getting a mystery inside a book as well as whatever the book is about. I have found names in books too. I recently found a book that had belonged to someone I knew long ago. Kind of special.

tabbytom tabbytom I know Some dinosaurs. In another ten years, I may become one too!:lol:🦕Hopefully I can just be a Sabertoothed Tiger.

Thank you. I thought about whether I should confront a strange man. Someone had to though. No one else stopped. I think things are moving in a very positive direction. It remains to be confirmed but we have texted back and forth about solving the situations. I got a Wow Thanks! Today.

rubysmama rubysmama I am so sorry I ruined the smile post for you but I do want others to know to fight for kitties. Even someone like me can stop and make a statement and , maybe prevent further problems. Please take heart and know that I am rallying every group locally to do several things. First, be sure that cat has a constant food and water supply( which he did not have before) , second keep watching for him myself, third to get other people watching for him. I followed his tracks today. They seem to be headed back where he came from. I spoke to everyone at the shelter here today. I was given many new rescue contacts in this area so, maybe we can get him or figure out if he returns to the warehouse or settled somewhere in the nearest housing area. Next, I have had a constant back snd forth with that guy via text. He is willing to accept whatever I can arrange. He is willing to leave all cats there in place while I work on solutions. He is willing to do TNR. He even wrote me to ask about a company he called to relocate the raccoon. I called them and it is a humane relocation to a private property set aside for this purpose snd protected. That company was great. They gave me the number for wildlife protection division of a government agency to call before using their company if preferred. Thumbs up for them! They happen to love raccoons. Talked a lot about how adorable they can be, how smart, how funny, how ingenious. All good. I relayed this back snd the guy was very appreciative. Next, started working on how to get the TNR funded. Working through a local program. Cannot work in the county where the cats are, so trying the county where I live. They will call me back next week after talking to those in charge. Next, the guy will do the trapping and take the kitties for TNR if I cannot get it done myself! Next, the company had complained because of motion sensors setting off alarms. Those motion sensors will be adjusted. It’s going to be a lot of work to get everything done but pleas know, I will not give up. Yes, seeing this was horrible. I was more upset than I can ever describe but, the fact that I did see will , not only give that cat a better chance at life but also, it has saved the others and has changed the attitude of the top person in charge of many warehouses in a port city! Can you imagine how many cats may be saved through this one person? He is open to the fact that these are a benefit to have in a warehouse! He just never thought or knew about the facts. He is listening. He will even allow me inside! This is a highly restricted place. He will allow rescuers inside! I can’t promise to find that first cat but seeing his tracks is a good start. Maybe we cannot save them all but maybe we can save a great many. Sometimes things happen for a reason. I was running late that day or would have missed that one second. The guy listened! He has dogs that he says are the loves of his life and now he can’t stop thinking of the cats. He is even trying to help the raccoon that had him so nervous before. Apparently, he has found his conscience. He is in a position to be a powerful advocate. I just didn’t know that when I wanted to slug him. I still kind of want to slug him but the more we talk the more I just want him to become a huge advocate and help the hundreds of cats that must be in warehouse all over the port. Two counties are working on that one cat and this one guy. The other kitties will be worked on soon. Sometimes the things that seemed the worst nightmare to me have turned into miracles. Do you know the story of what happened to me in the jungle? Terrifying but turned into a lifetime of wonderful things. What seemed to be hostile humans became my greatest allies. I never could have made that happen myself so I count it as miraculous. I promise you that I am completely devoting myself to following this and trying to turn it into a happy ending. For all. I will be heavily involved and all my time for the next week or more will be eaten up with this so posts may be brief for a bit but I will update as I go. I won’t have much more probably until next week but hoping, hoping, hoping to make all this become an opportunity for cats and shelters. And one raccoon. Lol I also want others to see how to attempt to make a change. Maybe I will fail but it won’t be for lack of trying or lack of hope. I have pages of texts from him! This is a great start. He didn’t slug me! A definite positive! ;) He could have totally taken me down but he was respectful and humbled. The other county is still a big problem. They advised him and I hold them more responsible. They promised to have an officer contact me but I figured that was false. It was. I cannot change what is going on in that county. Many have been working on that ever since I recovered Kodiak. Politics, funding, education, ignorance, power, all and more control that. It’s a big issue. It’s going to take time and lots of work. For now, I am putting my efforts where they might make a difference. Choosing my battles. I did notify those who are working on that though. Word will spread. Who knows, maybe I just met someone who can influence there too ,now that he knows he was told to commit a felony!! Let’s all do this…:vibes::grouphug: Strength in numbers.

Next time, (hope there is NO next time) I’ll try to remember to put aside my outrage long enough to type, “spoiler alert!” :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 As you and I believe, some things happen for a reason. I don’t know how this will all turn out but I am hoping for much better things. When I researched the company, it’s huge and powerful. If this gives cats a friend in high places, it could be a windfall for them. While I don’t believe everything I read or everything a stranger says, this is looking hopeful. Thanks for the encouragement. I know you do this kind of thing all the time but checking all this online is exhausting. Hands on rescuing and socializing is easier for me. I’m tired! Lol Making a lot of new local contacts. Also, after this happened, I spread education at every stop I made. I was on my soapbox all the way home. Lol Yes, please let it take deep roots! Let me find what that company needs and let them become cat guardians!!:hugs:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I just know they must be telling each other great cat stories! Surrounded by kitties too!! Maybe a few stories about us too.;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even with all I needed to do today, the cats helped me to do this. Lol Starting some elevated space inside. Another indoor catio. Lol On wheels too so I can move it wherever the kitties want it. First floor!

Another high place? It’s for Ladies isn’t it?
C36833C9-09BC-48F8-AC06-2594C6D58EE9.jpeg

Whistle is checking out where it rolled into the room, BJ is on the top shelf and Kodiak is going to do one of her leaps over the side. Lol
8E640C4B-AB60-4184-B6D6-569CE6BE10D3.jpeg

Lady enters! Look out BJ!
95B155D5-E5BF-49B6-8285-B6280A6147A3.jpeg

Maybe I should leave.
0B122D83-A7EF-4F47-91F0-59EBF0E53924.jpeg

Don’t leave BJ.
602FD4C6-995A-449C-9E85-002860FE006E.jpeg

Look. This shelf is purrfect for me!
645AA8F9-D430-4AB3-9E53-2D00CBCEB7B0.jpeg

It makes me feel like rolling around.
47D3AD77-D961-4301-9768-DF9F13917B21.jpeg

That lower shelf looks nice too!
A002BABD-FFC7-46AC-9FD8-7796B8369514.jpeg

I can pose for the camera here.
FF459AD8-9062-4660-8274-99068E06B4D4.jpeg

You look beautiful Lady. Pose for me?
2C7965D3-4723-4172-B1C7-0A6ABCA3B12B.jpeg

Oh boy! She did pose for me!
E287CAED-CB38-4B1C-B8DB-FBFF33E13315.jpeg

Now, can I get that kiss I have been after?
6C75927B-3AA9-41CD-B543-F93B58C5DAF9.jpeg

No! Fresh cat!!
64EB78FB-CCEF-4298-8F80-D79B51676C3E.jpeg

Seriously?
25A992B7-D808-4696-88B4-064DEB9016A0.jpeg

Did everyone on TCS see that?
She refused me again! Lady like giggles.
B6FD5315-DEBD-4B0A-B4AB-D878B0DD0424.jpeg

Giggles? Ohhh. Admit it, you really like me don’t you? You know I picture you on a pedestal Lady!!
6706137F-1955-476E-BF8C-16D26776C964.jpeg

Deny it or not, I think she likes me.
4D0F776A-236D-4F8E-8CB6-359FF434FDD6.jpeg

Never giving up.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I know Some dinosaurs. In another ten years, I may become one too!:lol:🦕Hopefully I can just be a Sabertoothed Tiger.

Thank you. I thought about whether I should confront a strange man. Someone had to though. No one else stopped. I think things are moving in a very positive direction. It remains to be confirmed but we have texted back and forth about solving the situations. I got a Wow Thanks! Today.
Sabertooth Tiger............... :lol: ,,,,,,,,Roarrrrrrrrr.............................

Good to hear that things are going the right direction with the worker.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama
rubysmama rubysmama I am so sorry I ruined the smile post for you but I do want others to know to fight for kitties. Even someone like me can stop and make a statement and , maybe prevent further problems. Please take heart and know that I am rallying every group locally to do several things. First, be sure that cat has a constant food and water supply( which he did not have before) , second keep watching for him myself, third to get other people watching for him.
Oh, no worries. I'm just super sensitive, so that post really got to me. But it was a good public service post, and thanks to your actions, no more kitties will be dumped like trash, and that one kitty might even be saved. :crossfingers:

Oh, btw, I went back today and reread that smile post, and just wanted to say how much I love these 2 pics of Whistle.

1634393979079.png
1634394108251.png

I followed his tracks today. They seem to be headed back where he came from.
How far back would he have to travel?

Next time, (hope there is NO next time) I’ll try to remember to put aside my outrage long enough to type, “spoiler alert!” :redheartpump:
Don't waste your "spoiler alerts" on something like that, save them for scary spider pic warnings. :running:

Starting some elevated space inside. Another indoor catio. Lol
Oh, very nice. :)

Did everyone on TCS see that?
She refused me again! Lady like giggles.
LOL. Is that a swat in this blurred pic? Don't mess with the Lady, BJ. :catman:
1634394929501.png

Status
Not open for further replies.