My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose They tweeted about that yesterday evening. I am devastated, as I'm sure many all over the world are. Sweet Cole was like a (dare I say) PURRsonal friend to so many of us!
I feel so bad for Chris. It wasn't that long ago that he finally got his you tube channels back from some "partners" who try to steal it from him,:nono:and gave poor Chris high drama over it ---and now poor Cole is no longer with us.:sniffle: RIP Cole you will be sorely missed.❤❤❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so bad for Chris. It wasn't that long ago that he finally got his you tube channels back from some "partners" who try to steal it from him,:nono:and gave poor Chris high drama over it ---and now poor Cole is no longer with us.:sniffle: RIP Cole you will be sorely missed.❤❤❤
Oh yeah. I remember that. So many evil people in this world and online!
Sweet Cole. It is never easy to part, and when a cat is an international star, and so many love him, it must be even more difficult because there is so much in the way of communication expressing grief. I'm a big Lil BUB fan and I know the family are still very much missing her. I love Grumpy Cat, Colonel Meow, Shironeko and several other famous online cats who have passed, too. It just can't be easy.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh no, I don't do anything financial online! I may be human but I'm not that stupid. And as to everything else, it's all accessible. By me.
No, no, not online. Some people like to stash away cash in books and in cupboards and toilet bowls and so on till they forget where they stash it.

Some while back, I passed a friend the whole collection of Tintin hard cover and I told her if she found any cash in it, please give it back to me.................. :lol:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah. I remember that. So many evil people in this world and online!
Sweet Cole. It is never easy to part, and when a cat is an international star, and so many love him, it must be even more difficult because there is so much in the way of communication expressing grief. I'm a big Lil BUB fan and I know the family are still very much missing her. I love Grumpy Cat, Colonel Meow, Shironeko and several other famous online cats who have passed, too. It just can't be easy.
I know. We just have to keep looking for the good people and hope they outweigh the bad ones. I take deaths of celebrity animals pretty hard, it is almost like losing one of my own. Here is a post on my Funny Video Thread about Lil Bub. His owner put some of his ashes in a weather ballon and sent him up into space to honor him. That is a very touching tribute.
Post yout Favorite Cat videos.
❤❤❤

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I don't do anything financial online! I may be human but I'm not that stupid. And as to everything else, it's all accessible. By me.
I got one of those prepaid debit cards for making online purchases. I never put very much money on it, and it is completely separate from all our other accounts. The issuing company keeps trying to get me to do direct transfers from our bank accounts, but that ain't ever going to happen. I want to limit the potential damage from a hack as much as possible. As for online banking? Never gonna happen.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The issuing company keeps trying to get me to do direct transfers from our bank accounts, but that ain't ever going to happen. I want to limit the potential damage from a hack as much as possible. As for online banking? Never gonna happen.
Yes, those companies seeking you to deposit a certain amount in the prepaid card is dangerous because they can go bust overnight and it's too late for you to recover your money as they cannot be traced after that.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one of those prepaid debit cards for making online purchases. I never put very much money on it, and it is completely separate from all our other accounts. The issuing company keeps trying to get me to do direct transfers from our bank accounts, but that ain't ever going to happen. I want to limit the potential damage from a hack as much as possible. As for online banking? Never gonna happen.
This reminds me what happened to me just several days ago. I was chatting with my son on my phone when suddenly there came successive bank messages saying I purchased this and that from my debit account. With shaking hands I called the bank immediately and asked my card to be blocked asap which thankfully they did. Somebody used my money for purchases of online games. Luckily I got my money back. Thanks for the excellent service of my bank. But it came to my mind: What if that happened while I was sleeping? I could have woken up with all my money gone. Scary.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Yes. Thank you for asking and adding that. Hopefully they have seen . We do always care about the kitties here, and their hoomans. That’s the heart of all here.:grouphug2:
Yes, Google loves me! Lol They charge. Everyone does at some point. Guess what this photo is about!
Banjo is flying around scouting her own cloud storage! :lol: :bicolorcat: I hope she finds some!
1328353B-7BF3-41C6-B3BB-165BFE0846EA.jpeg

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you. I hope the person sees all the good wishes.
Not getting great rest here either. I had to devote the cat room to a sick Marcus and that puts the others on top of me a lot more. Lol Hopefully he will be well soon and they can spread back out. Bit. They miss the cat room. Thank goodness I had a place to isolate him though. He needs close supervision.
So sad about Cole. I loved following Cole and Marmalade. RIP Cole! 🌈

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Tara said ,”Cuckoo?”:lol::redheartpump: I love that! You have had quite a lot of stripes in your life. You know that build, pattern, purrsonality and sound can help differentiate one in a crowd. We know the nuances. Of the black kitties here, Purry is a Siamese bone structure so, slim, Dolly is a big stout boy and, of course, Bonnie is easy to spot from behind! Lol Floof! We learn the fur babies in our lives.
Thank you for adding to wishes for our member snd their kitty.
I agree that online finances are not a good idea! I keep trying to tell my family that! They seem to think they are protected and maybe they know more than I do but they don’t know how clever crooks can be! The criminal mind is always thinking of ways to beat any system. My bank actually had a thief within! Their employee robbed the clients from within the system. They tried to get me but I noticed immediately and reported it. That was the start of a hit in many states. It was not me being online, it was the bank using computers and someone having access. Maybe hiding things in Tintin was a good idea tabbytom tabbytom !
I know that long ago, people tended to hide things in the family Bible. I have found interesting things when I have purchased old books. No cash but neat old papers and a postcard or two. Not monetary value but interesting. Old houses had good hiding places. Under the floor boards! Lol You just had to remember which boards!!:lol:

N NY cat man I get the prepaid cards too. I have never done online banking. Too risky! Just using a card anywhere is a risk. I got hit using one at a local store. I will never use one there again. It’s gotten so that I just avoid using one at all.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am so sorry but thankfully you caught it. It seems that scams are everywhere online and on the phone these days. You did not need that kind of upset!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Awww! That is so sweet! I will message them to make sure they know of all the good wishes. The kitty wasn’t eating last time we talked. Hopefully by now kitty is doing better.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up to noises last night. My night watchman had it under control.
What’s up Dolly?
2D4AF8FA-3D9F-4E19-9A6C-813F92226686.jpeg

There was a disturbance but I used the flashlight to illuminate the problem.
994C1FB2-3FCF-47F4-9DF7-15961C58B1D8.jpeg

Us?!?!?
FBE08B0D-CF72-400B-A48B-3EB738B0CF5C.jpeg

We were just enjoying a quiet night.
5A650947-CE2B-4B54-B3AD-8AB731929CBD.jpeg

Yeah. I had to get my leash cuz I was about to take myself for a walk!
A99DCD04-763B-4E94-9720-B581F8D72EEF.jpeg

I couldn’t help myself. It was dark and romantic. Lady looked like she was ready to snuggle!
CDD227D4-AAE5-41B9-B2EB-F2BC005FBFF4.jpeg

You should have seen it from my viewpoint! Can this be the end of the tail now, please!
1AE7142D-B38C-40A0-B8C0-D13F80F189C2.jpeg

The real Cat activities at night. Lol And hoomans think they are chasing toy mice. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, rubysmama rubysmama -- BJ's a player! Those ladies are all up on him, too -- they KNOW.
Well, everything is risky these days! Too many people who don't get raised right and have too much time on their hands, looking at all the evil "entertainment" that's out there and thinking they want to be part of that. Terrible.
I had a bad experience at my parents' memorial banquet. Went up to pay the tab and my card was declined! That's never happened before. Fortunately, I had another one with me (the tab was substantial -- I would have been washing dishes for a long time LOL) and when I got home I called the bank. Of course it was all taken care of.
Watching a lot of true crime shows, I see how gullible and just plain stupid people can be. It's so sad.
Another of the myriad reasons I have to thank my family and especially my parents for teaching me a lot of life lessons from the time I was small. You don't learn 'em, you pay.
And speaking of "paying" -- Banjo, please let me know if you find any free cloud storage plans. It would be much appreciated! *And BTW, when did you get your pilot's license? ConCATs on that! Well done!*:crackup:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know some of us who follow this thread are already following Oscar's thread. But to any who aren't, Oscar is a very feral cat who is currently inside a crate in the home of the only human who cares for him. He hasn't eaten, however, since Saturday, and if he doesn't eat by tomorrow morning. his extremely worried caregiver is probably going to follow her vet's advice, and set him back free outside. This will be a disaster, as the caregiver is moving away in a few months, meaning Oscar will be left with no one to care about him, or feed him.

So, please, everyone, send positive thoughts that Oscar eats something in the next 12 hours or so.

Here's his thread, for anyone who wants to check it out.

Feral in my garage
(note thread started months back when he was in her garage. Now he's in a spare bedroom)

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird prayers and good thoughts for Marcus's recovery from Dental Surgery. I had one cat have all her teeth yanked because she had Stomatitis. I stayed up a few nights with her. Thankfully everything turned out well in the end. It cost a pretty penny getting her teeth removed, but it had to be done. I hope that it is peaceful tonight and that you and all the kitties get good rest. Hugs.🤗
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote So sorry to hear that your credit card was used by some fraudster. Identity theft is off the hook all over the place. Business databases are constantly getting hacked, so even if you took every precaution on your end, you still could become a victim of ID theft. See if you can have notifications sent of all your banking and credit card transaction and that way you can catch fraudulent activity quickly. Also, if your country has credit monitoring services like we have here (E.g Life Lock), it might be worth looking into. My deceased dad's name and info was used by someone to get unemployment insurance. He has been gone for 5 years now. These fraudsters don't even leave the deceased alone. Just sad.☹
rubysmama rubysmama I responded to that member's thread. I will see if I can reply again. I told her about a feral who refused to eat, no matter what I gave him. He always had a healthy appetite, so this wasn't a health issue. The clinic workers got some nutritional paste into him and he was tnred, but he refused to eat after that. I was told to just let him out because some ferals will starve themselves because they become very depressed in captivity. He turned out to be okay afterwards. I hope she tried the fried chicken meal. Rarely, do cats pass up on that. I will try to offer her encouragement. So sorry to hear the kitty hasn't eaten yet. I hope he eats soon. 🙂

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama BJ is a lover! Lol He still hasn’t convinced Lady though. She still carries a torch for the Bengal boys Daddy. I wish I had gotten a better look at him. He must have been something!
We are posting to that thread and sending all ideas and positive thoughts possible. Prayers, wishes, hopes and all calm to Oscar and the human guardian.:vibes::redheartpump::catlove:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 People are gullible. Also, some just think they can take advantage of the innocent. That’s awful that you had that happen at your parents memorial banquet. Horrible and horrible timing. Although it wasn’t a financial thing, I discovered Sarah’s headstone had been broken at my step moms memorial. Bad enough but to find out then…. Uncaring people.

Banjo claims she was at Kitty Hawk for the first flight. Apparently that would give her some clearance for flight? She says she has a Grumman Ag Cat. :bicolorcat::dunno: I just don’t know where she gets this stuff. :lol: She has her head in the clouds. If there is free iCloud, Banjo will be sure to find it and tell us!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Marcus actually has a virus. With his FIV it’s a touchy thing. It’s another member who is around here whose cat had dental surgery. Thank you so much on both counts. Both kitties need the prayers you are always so generous to give.
You went through kitty dental? That must have been very tough. Stomatitis is too.
Thank you for posting to that other thread. The encouragement is so important. I hope that kitty responds.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often think about all the people who have influenced my life. I’ve been very fortunate to know some great humans. Some are responsible for my attitude about never giving up and finding a way to smile through the harder days. Today was a special day. A landmark birthday for one of the most persistent and happy of people that I ever had the pleasure to know. I am still in awe of her and miss her daily. I always suspected she was an angel. Must have been, because I can still hear the joy and her garden still grows. She taught me this….
3FF6C0EE-ADC2-4169-8096-ECDD1F87002C.jpeg
3C2D80D7-AE66-4E9D-AEA6-7B0981572171.jpeg
BDA89C7E-1005-4ABB-A8FD-E90BA39CE6A9.jpeg
BC1231CA-ADA5-4FA4-B13B-078CDD09636C.jpeg
0E66F134-6BBC-4D5D-99C0-04A283261F37.jpeg
59A54F3E-6E0F-446D-A4BB-3DFB08FA6DF5.jpeg

A single Sweetheart rose blooms today.
080B37F0-100F-49BF-BD5D-1FB5743724C0.jpeg

I smiled.:redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.