My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles tonight come from a CAT erpillar, a new friend and cats. Lol

Callie discovered a gift bag from a new friend!
DF6445D5-6705-4813-B711-FABD03CEB172.jpeg

Prints tell me it came from a person we spoke to about a rescued kitten!
47C171D2-3CA6-48D9-A6DD-505820B17D93.jpeg

Liberty and Tortie were hoping the kitten came in the bag. Lol
A08C9A6F-9282-4E18-9FDC-9DF3DA6330C9.jpeg

No kitten but there were lovely treats in the bag along with some new toys! One is a caterpillar that crawls!
D38ABC4D-2B0F-4125-B834-67A3033A7640.jpeg

It’s a live caterpillar! I know because it’s crawling!
F88C655C-63AF-4EDF-A982-29C0D5668B75.jpeg

What do you think of it Wanda Heart?
E7D5DBE3-B729-465D-85F7-6943F5623A7E.jpeg

I don’t know. Let me get a closer look.
033FAE72-EAFD-45A8-8250-FB348701631A.jpeg

Ohhhh!!
4E98C16B-6C78-4081-A0C1-5DAE23E45E09.jpeg

Light, airy!! It tastes like future butterfly!
87877E29-395C-4F1C-95D5-4F2E43F52DFC.jpeg

I may be an Allie cat but I know what’s good. Give Wanda Heart the caterpillar. I’ll take the treats!
7C84F13A-D1B9-407A-8546-90C95A39022F.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I dew know what you mean! Dew I sweat? Neigh!! 🐎 :lol:

My grandmother, one of the last of the actual "Southern Belles" always said, "Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, and ladies come all of a dew." I must be a horse, by those standards.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Although I don't think lizards sweat, do they? Hmmmmmm...
Maybe they salivate? :think: ................:dunno:..........................:lol:
Well, you didn’t shoot the last butterfly but it is another example of you finding the neatest stuff!! :) You have magic fingers that locate things. Eagle eyes too!
I have googling fingers................:flail:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother, one of the last of the actual "Southern Belles" always said, "Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, and ladies come all of a dew." I must be a horse, by those standards.
I'd heard that, except it was ladies glisten. I'm a horse too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One writer made the analogy of Southern ladies melting like icing on a cake. :lol: Another said models on the runway sweat like horses. *That'd be me, too.*
Wanda Heart is all grown up and beautiful! IDK about that caterpillar, though -- it may have a tuna filling like Greenies tuna cat treats!? although probably not. I had a traumatic experience at a friend's house when a katydid flew into my arm and I instinctively made a hand movement. *GREEN is my favorite color. But not necessarily as a splotch on my sweater. Very sorry, Katy!:sniffle:* New toys and treats are always good to get! May the Chez Catbird clowder enjoy those very much. New friends are wonderful, too! One wishes we were surrounded by them and not ever by, uh, the opposite.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I don't see anything inaccurate about that observation.;):insertevillaugh:

My roomies had a tech call yesterday about their TV service and it was determined that it's the TV, not the service :disappointed:So they'll be watching TV on their PHONES! I told them they can use the TV in the living room but my provider doesn't carry Japan TV which is mostly what they watch. She said it is a Chinese brand of TV. I said, "Always buy Japanese brand TVs!" She was happy but I said, "Well, it's true. They are much better quality and last longer." A lot of Chinese products are really nice, but I draw the line at TVs.

That's an interesting technique you have with your paintings, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! Yes, oils are expensive -- I haven't painted for yonks so I can only imagine what they would be like now, cost-wise, since I used to spend a lot on them back then. Your work does look like oils!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Lol Googling fingers? :lol: They span the world!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I glisten with Dewey sweat. Lol I won’t complain about it, that’s just an accurate observation.:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have also melted before. Lol
The kitties love the new toys. That caterpillar was a hit with Wanda Heart. There is also a VERY realistic Palmetto bug. It runs across the floor and ALL the cats watched it. Not one cat attacked it though. A little too realistic? I didn’t post those pictures but I did laugh a lot. I think those might give some people the Heebie jeebies. Lol Maybe I could post them with a big warning label!!!!! Spoiler alert for that! Lol
I know you didn’t react to the Katydid on purpose. It must have just been her time? Unfortunately, accidents happen.
So sorry your roomies lost their TV. Japanese TV station? That might be fun. I still have an old style TV. I do have a small flat screen but the cats constantly knocked it over. Lol At this point, it’s kind of old too. Lol I mostly have TV on for cat company. I just don’t have much time to watch it but I do enjoy a few shows when I can catch them. I love watching archeology and history programs.
I’m glad my pictures look like oils. Lol I didn’t start out trying to make them look like that but I guess the look of oils appeals to me and that’s how that evolved. When I first started painting, Sarah had a lot of medical expenses and there was no way I was going to buy oils for a hobby. Then I discovered how easy acrylics are to use and I stuck with them. Even acrylics aren’t inexpensive. Canvases are really pricey these days if you want a large one. I have used canvas board but I love the feel of stretched canvas. I also enjoy watercolor pencils. They are quick and fun. They come in gorgeous colors now. Sometimes I go to a supply store just to look. There are so many tempting paints now!! They could even make a lizard salivate! :lol: Ah well. Maybe one day I will have a craft room filled with paints and supplies. And the time to use them! :dunno: I wonder if Banjo would like to learn to paint? 🤔:bicolorcat: (Veiled excuse to buy paints lol) :greenpaw::bluepaw:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Lol Googling fingers? :lol: They span the world!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I glisten with Dewey sweat. Lol I won’t complain about it, that’s just an accurate observation.:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have also melted before. Lol
The kitties love the new toys. That caterpillar was a hit with Wanda Heart. There is also a VERY realistic Palmetto bug. It runs across the floor and ALL the cats watched it. Not one cat attacked it though. A little too realistic? I didn’t post those pictures but I did laugh a lot. I think those might give some people the Heebie jeebies. Lol Maybe I could post them with a big warning label!!!!! Spoiler alert for that! Lol
I know you didn’t react to the Katydid on purpose. It must have just been her time? Unfortunately, accidents happen.
So sorry your roomies lost their TV. Japanese TV station? That might be fun. I still have an old style TV. I do have a small flat screen but the cats constantly knocked it over. Lol At this point, it’s kind of old too. Lol I mostly have TV on for cat company. I just don’t have much time to watch it but I do enjoy a few shows when I can catch them. I love watching archeology and history programs.
I’m glad my pictures look like oils. Lol I didn’t start out trying to make them look like that but I guess the look of oils appeals to me and that’s how that evolved. When I first started painting, Sarah had a lot of medical expenses and there was no way I was going to buy oils for a hobby. Then I discovered how easy acrylics are to use and I stuck with them. Even acrylics aren’t inexpensive. Canvases are really pricey these days if you want a large one. I have used canvas board but I love the feel of stretched canvas. I also enjoy watercolor pencils. They are quick and fun. They come in gorgeous colors now. Sometimes I go to a supply store just to look. There are so many tempting paints now!! They could even make a lizard salivate! :lol: Ah well. Maybe one day I will have a craft room filled with paints and supplies. And the time to use them! :dunno: I wonder if Banjo would like to learn to paint? 🤔:bicolorcat: (Veiled excuse to buy paints lol) :greenpaw::bluepaw:
This small flatscreen they have is only about 3 years old according to him. Even an off-brand TV should last longer than THAT!!! They had a fairly large flatscreen but they next-to-gave it away along with the rest of the contents of their house when they moved. WHY??? I'll never know. Their financial habits are the most bizarre I've ever come across. But it ain't my problem. If they're okay with watching TV on a phone, hey, go for it!
I love archaeology and history programs too! along with engineering, nature, invesigating/visiting old/abandoned/mysterious places, mysteries, and true crime/missing persons/crime series.
I used to stretch and gesso my own canvasses, and only used boards when I had to, because I didn't think it was very painterly; and oils were my preferred medium, although I also used charcoal, oil pastels, regular pastels, watercolors and acrylics. For some reason I never felt comfortable with acrylics, though. I liked the feel of oils and I used to do a fair amount of palette knife work, not just brush work, so the thickness of oils was kind of required. When I was first engaged and married we lived in a converted garage that had a little room off to the side that I used as a studio. It was great because I could keep the easel up and the turp and linseed oil didn't pollute the air in the rest of the house. There were two cats in the furmily, too, so it was good to keep them safe from all of that stuff.
Yes, my roomies only have English as a second language; he's more proficient than she is and she's not at all confident of her abilities in English so Japan TV is their more comfortable way to watch. She's a sports fan and she'll watch MLB, golf, tennis, etc., on English-language stations, but for anything more complex, it needs to be in her language. He's not very interested in TV -- he's more of a geek like I am. Not sure if he ever really watches TV.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Yeah, board is not my choice either. You have to use a thick gesso to get rid of the texture of the board or you have everything sort of pixelated into tiny squares. I love gesso though. Getting a nice finish with it is pleasing. I have not stretched any canvas. Just too much stuff that I would have had to buy and time I didn’t have when caring for Sarah. I could pain while I held her but could not have done all that. Originally, the cat room was where I did the paintings but it quickly got turned into the Lady and baby Bengal boys /Muffin room. Lol The paintings all had a cat hair or two in them. :runningcat:A room away from paws would be better. At least the acrylics weren’t hard to clean off a tail or paw if needed. :lol: If I had been using oils, I think it would have been messy for us so maybe it all worked out since I couldn’t work in a nice room like you had. That must have been wonderful to work in a place where you could leave everything and come back to it later. I would still like to have some oils though. They flow so nice! I never did much with a palette knife. I wasn’I preferred lots of kinds and sizes of brushes. Some of my favorite brushes were super tiny for little details. Fan brushes too! I also love going from giant sized canvases to little tiny ones. Lol
I never developed a fondness for chalky pastels. A texture thing for me. I liked oil pastels though. I liked India Ink too. I found it fun to do pictures by embroidery and by sewing seed beads into a picture.
It must be interesting to have roomies with other interests and another language. Also some shared interests of things you like. Geek interests.;) I could use a little of that here.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lol Googling fingers? :lol: They span the world!
I got the whole world in my hands

his small flatscreen they have is only about 3 years old according to him. Even an off-brand TV should last longer than THAT!!!
Many home appliances last a very long time. A tv should last at least 10 years. These appliances are not abused as if they were taken out and tossed and thrown about.

But sometimes people changed because of better color production and other new features as compared to the older model. We just can't keep up with the times and definitely don't have that kind of resources to keep changing.

Only certain gadgets you have to keep up as some stuffs you need then latest software or such to run certain programs.

When I was doing my photography work, I had cameras that are older than me at that time and they take far better photos than they more modern ones that I have.

As one archeologist once said, the older his wife gets, the more interested is he in her :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Indeed! I love it!! You have the whole world in your hands!
Oh how I know what you mean about the old cameras. The first camera I ever used was from my fathers childhood. A simple box and not the best but interesting to use. My first 35mm had been my fathers camera during much of my young adult life. He bought a “great new camera” and gave me his old one. I picked up lots of lenses, filters, diopters, and various attachments being sold off by people going to new cameras. My father soon regretted going to the new camera. Lol I offered his camera back to him but he declined and picked up another like it. I still have it and it is so well made! All metal and solid. My dad used it on the ocean and under the sea while diving. I carried it through the jungle with me, up mountains and down cliffs. The photo of the ocelot and toucan that hang in my hall were taken with it. It has lasted through my Dad using it, me using it and it chronicled the entire life of my daughter. Three generations enjoyed using it and it was not obsolete. Then digital arrived. There are many things you can do with a camera like that which cannot be done with the new ones except through editing or photo shop. There are pluses to digital and phone cameras. They are always handy but I kept that camera ready at my side and knew it like the back of my hand. I loved doing things like double exposures to create magical effects. I recently found that Walgreens is developing film again!! Maybe I will get my old friend back out. ;) I happen to like old friends. That archeologist has a good eye!

I have heard from M maggiedemi . She is busy with family right now. She had a birthday early this month.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh how I know what you mean about the old cameras.
Yes, the mechanical ones are good work horses and hardly breakdown as there is no electrical components in them and that's why they last so long and they are not mass produced and therefore much care is put into it, not to say the modern ones are done without care but anything with electrical and circuit boards and chips are more prone to having problems.

But sometimes you just have to keep up with the times and not be left behind.

I have heard from M maggiedemi M maggiedemi . She is busy with family right now. She had a birthday early this month.
Oh, that's good to hear as we have not heard from her for awhile already.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Guys, please encourage this member to help this kitty all the way. I've replied to the thread and also mentioned that Halloween is round the corner, I want this kitty to be safe and saved as the cat is a black kitty.

Thank you guys 😉

found-stray-cat-in-parking-lot.435199

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Items of interest! Cities of the Underworld is a tv show on the History channel and tonight it was quite interesting. It was about the early people of North America and some new archeological discoveries.

Last Friday North Carolina received some falling stars! Lots of Fireballs are being reported right now in many places in the world. It’s the season. There are some stunning videos being caught and the one over North Carolina was caught by a door cam. It can be found by googling September 2021 Fireball North Carolina. New technology cameras are great for catching things like this!! There are advantages to old and new. It’s nice to know both.

tabbytom tabbytom Digital certainly saves on developing costs and on shots that we prefer to delete. Lol

Smile for the camera kitties!
A1CFB1C3-B7C0-48D4-B8E9-265EFEAD9868.jpeg

No!
317D87CC-9747-4CEA-B123-FBD8A440D763.jpeg

:doh: We definitely don’t want to be left behind!
6EFDCA79-1253-4F48-8AAE-688E853EE0DB.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Done.
Everyone, please write this person snd encourage them to keep this kitty inside their garage. Quickly!!

Guys, please encourage this member to help this kitty all the way. I've replied to the thread and also mentioned that Halloween is round the corner, I want this kitty to be safe and saved as the cat is a black kitty.

Thank you guys 😉

found-stray-cat-in-parking-lot.435199

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to take a nap today and rest my eyes. I snuggled down in a blanket and was joined by Mackie. Hmmmm. It got a bit drafty after awhile. :lol: Blanket🐷

Mackie is here somewhere. Lol
7CC748C5-B5AB-433D-8074-536C3E12FC02.jpeg

It’s so nice to have a blanket for your nap.
FA58913E-40D5-4288-8540-BDA459B46DB9.jpeg

The human feels a draft!!
E2CA93E9-0EEF-4BC5-A770-D2B68A7DFC6A.jpeg

What could be causing that?
17081637-1956-4ECC-87E5-8C3EB57A5917.jpeg

Mackie.
161C1EBD-55C1-4AA0-896C-A123C4A4104A.jpeg

Mackie.
3E924D7A-0586-44D3-9421-19C59B996EA7.jpeg

What hooman?
E3551A0E-FA44-469F-9282-662DED061A76.jpeg

I’m cold. You pulled all the blanket off of me.
E8EE0B8B-0F69-452A-AA95-6BD5367E02C5.jpeg

You woke me up.
87361841-D884-4768-A7AB-EAE8DBD9E9CF.jpeg

I have all the blanket? Well…..
5C76FFA8-B45D-4980-9CA8-AF132583C679.jpeg

Why don’t you just cover yourself in cats?
7F8A317C-80BB-4779-971D-1B98B5FC95AA.jpeg

Someone called for cats?
0CDCC948-3924-4FF7-BB8D-83B047B5697D.jpeg

Ahhhh! You can’t beat a blanket of cats! Mackie wouldn’t dare pull Muffin off of me.:lol: Nap accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.