Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IDK about drunken animals. IDK at all. What is this world turning into? šŸ¤”
Oh, they've been around for quite a while! I can remember my dad telling me, when I was still very young, about watching birds drunk on fermented chinaberries! And that would have been about 1925, that he saw them, that it.

That is Spanish moss on the trees, isn't it?
It is ubiquitous throughout the Deep South...in fact, that's kinda the definition of "Deep South," below the Spanish Moss line. LOL, those of us from there consider southerners from ABOVE the Spanish Moss Line to be "South Lite."

:dunno: but I've sen some of them walking around
We get LOTS of missionaries in this area, for some reason. I almost get the creeps, watching them pedaling their bicycles during 85 degree heat with a humidity of 79%, and NOT ONE DROP OF SWEAT ON THEM! Even their very starched shirts don't ever wilt! It seems a little...unnatural! HOW DO THEY DO THAT?!?!?!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We get LOTS of missionaries in this area, for some reason. I almost get the creeps, watching them pedaling their bicycles during 85 degree heat with a humidity of 79%, and NOT ONE DROP OF SWEAT ON THEM! Even their very starched shirts don't ever wilt! It seems a little...unnatural! HOW DO THEY DO THAT?!?!?!
I think they are Aliens........................:shocked:...................................................
IMG_3028.GIF
IMG_3192.GIF

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they ARE the superior species, in every way but one -- they lack the opposable thumbs necessary to pop the can tops.
Forget it, if they had opposable thumbs and were able to open cans---they would have no need for us whatsoever. Thank goodness they are fond if us. šŸ˜»šŸ˜»šŸ˜»

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose RIGHT.
tabbytom tabbytom RIGHT.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ROFLMOTO "South Lite"! Then we have "South West" which would be TX and vicinity, I guess, right? Either that or one of those stupid "celeb"'s unending stream of kids...or both...
Chinaberries! When I was small there was a chinaberry tree right outside my window. I've always loved them ever since *happy childhood memories!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had started this post last night but got a migraine aura right in the middle and had to rest my eyes.,Frustrating but I had no choice. However, I can come back to finish now! Soā€¦..this is where I left off.

tabbytom tabbytom Another great butterfly shot! This one seems to be drinking his Champion breakfast!! Lol I love how clear and crisp the shot is. Even with my eyes, I know a great shot!! Happy Butterfly. ;)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I want to hear the tiny songs of the butterflies!
tabbytom tabbytom And in their high pitched voices! Lolololol

rubysmama rubysmama The islands are peaceful. Set off from most things, they miss much of the noise of the world. Not overly developed, the lower numbers of inhabitants helps.
Slugs are kind of yucky but the one in the picture with his trail of beer cans isnā€™t so bad! Lol Terrible that they ate those lovely hostas!!
The cat halfway up the door is Surely! Surely you recognize her now? Wild child. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The door cat denied that gravity exists. Lol Surely cats can fly?
That is Spanish moss. It is plentiful here. I love the draping effect.
Dear Tarifa. I think of her every time I see a twinkle ball and I always will.
Banjo says she bought the pizza herself and that anytime you want to come, sheā€™ll buy you one just for you!! Hmmm. She must have a cash stash.,lol Or maybe she does have my credit card. Oh no!!!! I bet she tips the delivery person well though. :lol:

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Slugs are gross in food. Blah! If you put the food dish in a shallow dish of water, I find that keeps most crawling things out of the food. Yes, I can tell you some interesting stories. One from my childhood popped into my mind first. We lived on the island and had Siamese kitties. They were very concerned about providing for me and maybe they knew of my love for all creatures? IDK but they brought me a live baby snake! They dropped it on a slick floor where it could not get traction. The lady that helped my mother shrieked and ran outside. My mother moaned, not again! Lol I claimed my new friend and put the cats in my room until I could free the baby safely. When I went outside with the baby, the lady that helped my mom shrieked again and ran back inside. Itā€™s a wonder that lady didnā€™t quit since this kind of thing happened fairly often at our house. I have seen some amazing cat rescues too. A later Siamese agreed to raise a baby possum with her kittens. That was a funny sight since the possum often rode on the cats back. I have been brought some food sources too but the things I remember the most are the things that made me laugh. Not too long ago I had a friend call me in a panic. I had been helping her to socialize some ferals she had rescued and they rewarded her with a live bunny. She called me freaking out because they came inside and let the rabbit go when she closed the door. . She said, ā€œWhat do I do?ā€ My replyā€¦. ā€œOpen the door!ā€ Lol As I listened on the phone I heard much scrabbling around, furniture being knocked around, a bit of hooman noise and cat running sounds as three ferals pursued the rabbit. Finally I heard the door open and then slam shut again. Rabbit was out and cats were in. Lol I couldnā€™t help myself when I knew the rabbit was out and everyone was okay. I laughed. After that, my friend looked before letting the ferals inside. I did have to explain to my friend that being brought a rabbit was an honor from a cat. I get some interesting phone calls. It is not for the weak of heart and it pays to keep your sense of humor.

N NY cat man Grumpy is quite a hunter! I have seen my share of food sources. I always feel bad for cute little creatures but it is the nature of things. The only part I wonā€™t share is the crunch. :barfgreen:
I must say that of the bird world, Starlings are rather messy! They can really do a number in a chimney or any small cubby in a house. Bleh!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Iā€™m not sure that Banjo needs a thumb.:flail: She has my card and my keys! I bet she had anchovies on that pizza!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 South Lite! Lolololol I donā€™t know if I could feel at home without moss. Red bugs and all!! Chiggers to some.
I think a startched white shirt must provide some air conditioning effect.šŸ¤”

tabbytom tabbytom Ohā€¦.. aliens! That would explain it. They must come from a very humid planet.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles tonight come from Lady.
What are you doing hooman? You should be petting me!!
3DD61B2F-3EED-4EB3-BF00-A88898175658.jpeg

Okay Lady. Pets coming but I need to dust all the pictures.
8ED45A25-1BCB-44CA-B63F-A44AD24EA9DD.jpeg

Dust? Do they get hair balls too?!
13DB0232-2186-43D8-A4DA-F1E57C33EF6B.jpeg

I didnā€™t know that something you made could get hair balls.
552424D1-6306-4232-AD87-03E3F90E26F6.jpeg

Let me look. Iā€™ve never paid much attention to the pictures.,
40D4F572-FDD2-4DD9-AEE1-043DE3B83114.jpeg

What is this one? Ocean?
4B5615A7-D03C-444E-9A9E-83ED0CC44164.jpeg

Thatā€™s a giant place filled with water?
87ABAB8B-58E5-4913-A506-32A7C8F7CE9E.jpeg

Ohā€¦ā€¦I donā€™t think I like that one. Now I feel wet.
FE61678C-8F11-47F9-8CFC-0EB99212A5EF.jpeg

Dry my paw!!
0BBC0F14-2937-4A1F-B959-0183F969AE3E.jpeg

Donā€™t we have anything better?!
112831B3-D3CB-4B3B-8430-6FFB8C4A6278.jpeg

Now thatā€™s a picture I can enjoy! Except for that huge beak, that bird would make a feast!! I wonder if it would pinch a cat?!
F02F9165-F008-4493-9668-7D215DF5F124.jpeg

Lol I think it might pinch a cat! Beware the Toucan!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Another great butterfly shot! This one seems to be drinking his Champion breakfast!! Lol I love how clear and crisp the shot is. Even with my eyes, I know a great shot!! Happy Butterfly. ;)
This wasn't shot by me. I got it off Google
IMG_3059.GIF

Ohā€¦.. aliens! That would explain it. They must come from a very humid planet.
50B72F80-019A-4C39-8EB8-3CAAD92AD89D$L0$001~photo.GIF

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day we were outside when Gypsy pounced into the foliage after (I thought) a hoppergrass or cricket.
20210927_014152.jpg
20210927_014209.jpg
20210927_014227.jpg
Screenshot_20210927-014118_Gallery.jpg
She franicaly pattered around, then backed out and quickly hi-tailed it towards the stairs when to my surprise I saw a little splayed foot via her shadow on the concrete! I grabbed her by the harness, lifting her front end and telling her to "Drop It". We had a stalemate for a few seconds then when she shifted her grip the little mousie dropped to the ground and scurried away. She writhed frantically to go after but didn't try to scratch or bite me to get me to let go of her harness. I soothed her with a piece of Sheba meat stick and was forgiven.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had started this post last night but got a migraine aura right in the middle and had to rest my eyes.,Frustrating but I had no choice. However, I can come back to finish now! Soā€¦..this is where I left off.
Missed your post last night, or rather the night before. Sorry about your migraine. Glad you were feeling better yesterday. :hearthrob:

Jcatbird Jcatbird - I'm impressed you have a presidential award of excellence.

Also, is that Sarah in the picture up on the wall? How pretty! She looks a little bit like Taylor Swift to me.
You're as bad as me, Lari Lari , studying all the pics on the wall !!! :lol: I also spotted the presidential award of excellence. And the beautiful picture of the young girl, and wondered if it was Sarah. :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah was beautiful! *and ever will be!*
I also noticed the award. Not surprising, though.
Lots of beautiful paintings. Do you primarily work in oils? I was an artist 'in another life' when I had the time and the inspiration. Nothing survives from those days, though. My aunt is quite an artist. She sent my parents a beautiful framed portrait of a cheetah that she did; it's in the living room. And I have a very small landscape she did in the breakfast room.
I like pineapple and jalapenos on pizza. Or mushrooms and black olives. Anchovies? Probably not so much. I've heard they're VERY salty!
Yes, beloved angel Tarifa did love her twinkle ball hunts. Before this, our beloved angel King Sunny-A-Cat loved them, too, though he preferred the foam footballs (soccer balls) and loved a good game of bathtub football. He made every goal.
The saucer of water works! Very effective at keeping unwanted visitors (or hors d'oeuvres?) out of the dishes.
Oh yes, surely Surely is a good climber!
Lovely Lady is making sure all is well.
Your rabbit story reminds me of a song by another Elvis. You may know the one? "You ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine!" addressed to a (dog). But the cat? That's another story entirely!:crackup:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Presidential award is really something to be proud of. The only thing presidential that I ever got was my draft notice. It went "From the President of the United States; greetings". What was funny was this came several months after I had already enlisted. Government efficiency at it's finest.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Presidential award is really something to be proud of. The only thing presidential that I ever got was my draft notice. It went "From the President of the United States; greetings". What was funny was this came several months after I had already enlisted. Government efficiency at it's finest.
Bureaucracy at its finest. Worse than ever at this point. *sigh*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I get some interesting phone calls. It is not for the weak of heart and it pays to keep your sense of humor.
Thank you for sharing those stories. You have some very rich experiences with cats. Your Siamese kitties were showing your their love. The story about you helping your friend whose ferals were chasing a bunny in the house was hysterical. Thank goodness nothing bad happened to Mr. Or Ms. Bunny. I had an incident where I walked into my kitchen to see my two kitties very agitated over something and hissing up a storm. I didn't know what was going on at first, but found out quickly that a ferret got into my house. It was cornered in a space at the side of my refrigerator. A family member 10 minutes earlier went to get something out of the garage and left the back door slightly ajar and that is how the ferret got in the house. The sable colored ferret showed me no aggression and I was able to pick it up with out being bitten. I pet it to calm it down, but it really wanted to get out of my house. Could you blame the poor thing? It dawned almost instantly upon me who this ferret belonged to. I had a teenage neighbor who was a big animal lover and had plenty of hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits and other small critters. I went next door to his house and sure enough it was one of his pet ferrets who escaped. He was looking all over for it. Ironically, the cute ferret's name was Houdini because he has escaped before. I was happy to reunite the two, and was so glad that this story didn't end in tragedy. Thanks for sharing your stories. There are plenty of surprising things that happen when taking care of kitties. Cats can be Comedy Gold at times. They really make us smile .

You got a Presidential Award of Excellence???Well, I am not surprised. You truly are one of a kind! Also, if that is a pic of Sarah on the wall, she was a beautiful girl. I can see what Lari said about her looking a bit like Taylor Swift. Thanks for sharing all the pics of the kitties. They are heartwarming. :heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think they are Aliens........................:shocked:...................................................View attachment 396457...............................View attachment 396458
I suspect you may be right...although none of them are, to casual perusal, either grays OR the lizard people...Although I don't think lizards sweat, do they? Hmmmmmm...

Then we have "South West" which would be TX and vicinity,
That sound entirely reasonable!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Well, you didnā€™t shoot the last butterfly but it is another example of you finding the neatest stuff!! :) You have magic fingers that locate things. Eagle eyes too!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Those were great action shots of Gypsy! The one of her leaping into the bushes made me laugh. Such enthusiasm! I am so glad you managed to rescue little mousie. I imagine mousie is too! Poor Gypsy. She thought she had a new toy. She got her reward treat though so I know she was happy. You saw the shadow of a mousie paw?!?!? You have amazing eyes too!

Lari Lari Thank you about the award. I was young and very energetic. Lol It was a verrrry long time ago!
That photo is Sarah. Awww! She would have loved being compared to Taylor Swift! Pretty lady, music and cats! Purrfect.:redheartpump: Thank you again!

rubysmama rubysmama I have gotten rid of the migraine. Thank you!
Heh! Looking at the pictures with Lady? Of course, as her mom, I think Sarah was beautiful but it touches my heart to hear it from others. She was my sunshine. :sunshine: Thank you!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for all the lovely sentiments.:hugs: Sarah lives in my heart just as lovely in spirit as in life.
I donā€™t actually do much in oil paints. They are so costly. People always seem to think my paintings are oil but I varnish them and it must make them appear like oil. I paint for fun and I used to paint to add to our income when Sarah was here. I donā€™t claim any training, just the love of making things. None of your work is around? No, no, no! I so wish you could find time to do more. It seems so sad to me that the world will not have the art from your hands. It is a gift you have. It is wonderful that you have some work from your Aunt. I know you must cherish it. A cheetah? How cool! My mother was talented but rarely created anything later in life. Little is left from her hand but the few things that remain are things I cherish. I wish I had her talent. I wish she had created more.
I am with you on the , no Anchovies! Lol Yuck. I wonā€™t eat a sardine either! Pineapple sounds much better!!
King Sunny playing bathtub football! Lol I know that was a fun game and a pleasure to watch. I wonder if Mam would enjoy that game? Iā€™ll have to see if she is inspired by King Sunny to play. She loves spending time hanging out in the tub.
I do know the hooman Elvis song. :)
Can you imagine the chase that went on with three cats and a rabbit in the house?:jawdrop: I was surprised by that particular call. Lol Not what I usually hear. That was a very lucky rabbit!!
Bureaucracy! I know. Itā€™s not improving.

N NY cat man Itā€™s funny the things we have around our house that we donā€™t even notice any more. I was very surprised and pleased to get that award. I didnā€™t even know such a thing existed at the time. Lol It really is just a dust catcher these days but itā€™s part of the landscape I guess. Lol
You got drafted AFTER enlisting? :runaround:Sadly, that is bizarre but it is not as shocking as it should be. :doh: Your brother got his notice while overseas?!?!? Unh! Jeepers! I think the powers at the time were very confused. That award should have gone to you and your brother. :hugs: What you both did was far greater than what I did. I would gladly send it your way. We all owe you. :grouphug2:

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! The award was a surprise to me! Lol I was just following my heart. It didnā€™t seem like I was doing anything other than working for things we all wanted and needed.
Thank you about Sarah too. She was the real ā€œawardā€ in my life. I got lucky.
That phone call about the rabbit had my full attention. Lol My friend was so surprised she kind of froze like a deer in headlights. It just didnā€™t occur to her to open the door! Lol AFTER the rabbit was out, I nearly fell on the floor laughing. It was total chaos during the chase!!Things crashing down, my friend squealing in dismay, cats bouncing off walls! She laughs about it now.
You saved that little ferret! I know the hooman neighbor must have been very grateful! Itā€™s amazing the ferret understood you were saving it but it did. Smart Houdini! Animals do seem drawn to certain people. Your cats were probably wondering what kind of creature they had discovered! Lol Very strange looking mouse! Yes, cats are comedy gold! Smiles by the pound.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 As I said, they must be from a humid planet!! ;) Itā€™s actually kind of amazing how humans can endure things when they are driven with a purpose. The brain may be regulating the body?
Of course I know you know, a southern lady never sweats! Lol She may perspireā€¦.but never sweats!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.