My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard slugs really like their beer, and who really wants a bunch of drunk slugs in their garden. :lol:
"Yelling and screaming and acting obscene!"

They might amuse feral and rescued cats, though...
IMG_1138.JPG

...like Elvis, who appears to be on the lookout for some right now!🐌*No slug emojis. Had to opt for a snail.*

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to see "inebriated" you need to see robins after they've had a bellyful of pyracantha berries.
I used to bowl with a guy who grew apples, peaches, and pears. Sometimes they couldn't harvest the fruit before it fell to the ground, and would start to decompose. He would tell of the deer staggering around after eating the fermented fruit, drunk out of their skulls.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I love that butterfly photo! The contrast is amazing, the colors gorgeous and the details are exquisite. You caught a moment in time that is beautiful.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Now I have this mental picture of a butterfly with two tiiiiny cans of beer. One clasped in each antennae. :flail:
By “original meme artist” I meant the person who did the “I can haz cheezburger now?” guy. From what I gather he did the Ceiling cat , monorail cat and some others. However, your “An Dey’s was nekkit” made me laugh a lot harder than any of the aforementioned!’ Too cute! Do you have a framed copy of that? Christmas is coming and that would make great gifts!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Fluffed by fluff! All this time I have been doing a half fluffed job when I had experts right here! Who knew? I’m so lucky to have the kitties pitching in to keep things in order and correct any of my past mistakes. Cats are such great teachers, maybe I will learn to fluff properly now. Lol I’ll give it my best effurt.

N NY cat man Hmmm. Next year your garden is going to be the party place for everything that crawls, flies or wiggles. Flowers, beer, bugs, cats and slugs? There has got to be a good story in there somewhere. lol The cat and the bug frat party?

Ha! It looks like rubysmama rubysmama and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and I all got similar ideas about a garden frat party for all creatures!:lol: Now I have a mental image of drunken slugs wobbling along and Elvis type cats watching and laughing.

Oh my! Add drunken Robins and deer to that party! Let me just add drunken raccoons to that. I have seen them eat fermented fruit too. They seemed to enjoy the feeling. They tunrned into large roly poly bugs. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had errands today that took me a bit far from home. I got to see a view that I haven’t seen in a long time. Islands. Ahhhh.
9E710EB6-38C2-4319-9298-E6C38A0B3483.jpeg
80C0E4ED-EC6D-455A-83C1-86008A204E52.jpeg

When I got home the cats were not having their own party. They were all very bored and just sitting forlornly as they awaited my return. Poor little ones really need their hooman. Yeah, right! Lol When the hooman is away, the cats will play!!

No hooman! We really did miss you!
26E4A760-584D-4361-83E3-B092F2EC69FF.jpeg

No hooman, I was not going to hide this whole box of treats from the others!
A0E88464-1915-49F2-979F-593AF2E570B3.jpeg

Well Hi hooman! Ummmm, we were just sitting around and waiting for you to return.,
77DF1BDC-1993-47E0-8FA2-44FA9B5F582B.jpeg

No hooman, I was not putting your phone charger behind the sofa.
0A9F2A92-B2EA-47AB-BFB7-81968C721A28.jpeg

Lizard!!!!!
C907FA9D-D1E3-4F8B-8431-EA5493279952.jpeg

No, the hooman will never notice paw prints on the glass.
9A5C2720-69EB-431D-B667-ABCCE300B20F.jpeg

I wasn’t doing anything!!
5288D87C-2D54-4AC5-8792-8B6FB05D7BBF.jpeg

What else will I discover? Hmmm. Where is my checkbook?! Is that an empty pizza box? I don’t eat pizza...... Banjo!!!!!!!!!!!
Wha.....?????
A58A4B8D-D81A-4521-919D-CD5934210AE8.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hmmm...and I thought all the Mormons were in the USA! Singapore is pretty far away for them to be common, isn't it? :lol:
Errr........there are Mormons in Singapore too
I love that butterfly photo! The contrast is amazing, the colors gorgeous and the details are exquisite. You caught a moment in time that is beautiful.
Thank you. Thew butterfly wasn't deterred by my presence as I laid low to get the shot. Guess it was busy enjoying his booze.
I got to see a view that I haven’t seen in a long time. Islands. Ahhhh.
Nice peaceful place.
n this part of the country, it's kind of late in the season to be attracting butterflies, since most of the flowers are done blooming. Too, there hasn't been any beer in the house in years so there is that.
slTKPJ_B7inr6h5twusPkKCZvb5LzzHapxjqpBEgs9c.jpg

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't want to miss the butterfly frat party! *Hoping they won't make a zipline like in "The Social Network"!*
I can just imagine them paying a spider to spin out their zip line! Never put anything past a drunken butterfly!

if I can keep the slugs and ants at bay.
For the slugs, bury a bowl in the ground and fill with beer. The slugs will crawl in and drown. But they WILL die drunk and happy. Ants...dunno. I spray those little pests. Have to keep them off of the ferals.

Do you have a framed copy of that? Christmas is coming and that would make great gifts!
LOL, I do not, but I can print some!

Errr........there are Mormons in Singapore too
Yeah, but do they sing in teeny little butterfly choirs, with VEEEEEEEEY high voices?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I was wondering the same thing! And how??? *Great pic!*
tabbytom tabbytom What a beauty! So there's a Mormon Tabernacle over there, too? The one here has an amazing pipe organ, or so I'm told.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 If you've seen that film *and I recommend it!* you'll know the scene I'm speaking of. The zipline breaks. Mayhem ensues. At least butterflies wouldn't cause much damage!
IDK about drunken animals. IDK at all. What is this world turning into? 🤔
Jcatbird Jcatbird Beautiful scenes! That is Spanish moss on the trees, isn't it? I know there's a lot of it in FL but you're close and the climate is similar.
Lizards? Nice! We love lizards.
Uh, Banjo. BANJO! Did you swipe your meowm's credit card and order delivery pizza? *Wanna share?*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. Don't get me started about slugs. Last month I had an awful time with them. I was trying to make sure each cat got fed, but the big bully cats were standing guard over the bowls, AFTER they were done eating.😬 I had to shoo them away and refill the bowls. Feedings can take up to a half hour because of this problem and the other cats on the block who keep crashing my feedings.

On that weekend the slugs kept getting into the bowls. I had 8 slugs in the bowls one night. Talk about gross!!! I almost tossed my cookies.🤢 I called that weekend Slugalapooza!!! What a slugs fest. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't get me started about slugs. Last month I had an awful time with them.
Despite my joking about slugs, they've been a pain all summer, with devouring most of my hostas. So not really a fan of them.

On that weekend the slugs kept getting into the bowls. I had 8 slugs in the bowls one night. Talk about gross!!! I almost tossed my cookies.🤢
Sounds disgusting.

I called that weekend Slugalapooza!!! What a slugs fest. :lol:
LOL. At least you didn't lose your sense of humour.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. At least you didn't lose your sense of humour.
Thanks You need a good sense of humor when feeding outdoor kitties. You see a lot of strange and at times gross things. Some kitties have brought dead mice to me as a 🎁. My reaction is "Really, you shouldn't have!" Then I want to puke. 🤢 Poor mice.

Oh, well that is just the way it is. I guess it is their way of expressing their fondness for me. 😻 I am sure Jcatbird Jcatbird and other cat caretakers have some crazy stories to share as well. One thing is for sure-- taking care of outdoor kitties is not for the weak of heart. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks You need a good sense of humor when feeding outdoor kitties. You see a lot of strange and at times gross things. Some kitties have brought dead mice to me as a 🎁. My reaction is "Really, you shouldn't have!" Then I want to puke. 🤢 Poor mice.

Oh, well that is just the way it is. I guess it is their way of expressing their fondness for me. 😻 I am sure Jcatbird Jcatbird and other cat caretakers have some crazy stories to share as well. One thing is for sure-- taking care of outdoor kitties is not for the weak of heart. 🙂
Actually, according to some "experts" they are showing you what a lousy hunter/provider you are and trying to teach you how to do it. Not sure who's right.
Our beloved angel Tarifa always brought me twinkle balls, dropping them either in the room or in the doorway and often yelling. She gave up on me when I failed to deliver after numerous attempts, and started in on my roomies, who were no better.
We miss this.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On occasion, Grumpy will serve up a mouse, a baby rabbit or a squirrel. Once he is satisfied that his deed has been duly noted, he will proceed to chow down on it. Now, if only he would thin out a few of the starlings that leave their messes everywhere.............

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, according to some "experts" they are showing you what a lousy hunter/provider you are and trying to teach you how to do it. Not sure who's right.
Our beloved angel Tarifa always brought me twinkle balls, dropping them either in the room or in the doorway and often yelling. She gave up on me when I failed to deliver after numerous attempts, and started in on my roomies, who were no better.
We miss this.
Haha!!! I guess they gave up on me, too. They must have been terminally disappointed in my lack of hunting skills. I would make one lousy cat! Now let me hang my head in shame.😉😁

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha!!! I guess they gave up on me, too. They must have been terminally disappointed in my lack of hunting skills. I would make one lousy cat! Now let me hang my head in shame.😉😁
Well, they ARE the superior species, in every way but one -- they lack the opposable thumbs necessary to pop the can tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.