My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird : thinking of you, and hoping you're doing well with your recovery. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

While we wait for your return, I thought I'd post a Ruby pic. My intent was to get a good one of her, and my cute little door stop. Well intentions don't always go as planned. :lol:
Attempt 1: great shot of the doorstop cat, pretty good shot of Ruby, except for her blurred, moving tail. :catman:
View attachment 395700

Attempt 2 not so great, though at least Ruby's tail isn't quite so blurred. :winkcat:
View attachment 395701

Attempt 3: Ruby turned out fairly well, but I think the doorstop cat must have ducked, as it's mostly hidden. :biggrin:
View attachment 395702

Attempt 4: quickly moving, so blurred Ruby. Maybe I should have been taking video instead. ;)View attachment 395704

Attempt 5: Think this is about as good as it's gonna get, as after this shot, Ruby left the room. :winkcat:
View attachment 395705

Can I just say, after my attempt to somewhat replicate one of Jcatbird Jcatbird 's entertaining nightly posts, I'm more in awe of her than ever. How she gets the clowder to participate in the photo shoots is a mystery to me. And then she interprets their expressions with purr-fect captions. And and all that happens from an i-phone. Simply amazing!
:redcat: Lovely Ruby not wanting to share the spotlight :camera::lovecat2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Missed you all! I’m here, I’m here! :hyper: I am here but just need to go slow. The past weeks have left me drained. Fortunately I had beautiful nurse Kittytoon snd Dr. Tinycat to take care of me along with the Clowder. They are so precious. I smiled! Thank you tabbytom tabbytom I am not familiar with the cheezburger site but will search it out. Lol
rubysmama rubysmama Ruby! You have a new friend? Lol I think you are interested in making friends but that silly cat is refusing to speak! No wonder you hid later. I can see the conversation you are trying to have. Perhaps you should snitch that kittys scarf? That should start a dialogue.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is a very cool cat tree. It comes with a secret cat too! Lol Very neat lines on that one. I wouldn’t mind having a spot like that myself!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 No wonder you has butterflies! They can drink to their hearts content. All flavors too! Lol
N NY cat man A Red Admiral! Yep. I have seen a few here over the years. I bet the butterflies love your garden! All creatures great and small. Myself included. I think I count as a small. Lololol
muffy muffy I know! We get the cutest cat pictures here!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Butterflies are beautiful but I question their taste!:lol:

strider rose strider rose I think the kitties are spoiled already? Lol

Lari Lari Thank you to you and all the me’s!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I spoz to be here. Lol Briefly. I have help. Cat assist.

The day of my latest adventure was really rainy. However, it brought out some beautiful colors.
DE3D8D8A-BE8E-4CE1-B0C3-172D0FED960D.jpeg
D634B1B8-98A2-4392-B564-09ABF78ACE1A.jpeg
C5D56215-CFE7-45BD-B22A-4EE37C4975F0.jpeg

Resurrection lily
8E6BA795-FA5E-4433-983E-D2FDF13F5DA7.jpeg

Chrysthanmum
D4DAB2D3-EA99-4488-848B-417460E3B1CC.jpeg

Wet Argeratum. Lol
6230EB33-65DD-47E0-8315-B292AFACB4F3.jpeg

I don’t need to see this one to know it’s blooming. My favorite, tea olive.
A312F09E-D3AB-42B4-A40D-EA92251AC5C8.jpeg

Beauty berries.
2F3002CE-C99D-43CF-B258-FCF461C004C5.jpeg

All of this, easy on the eyes. ;)
The kitties are doing all the chores for me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would think that we have bunches of butterflies around our garden, given that we put in plants with an eye to attracting them, but such is not the case. I usually actually see around a dozen or so each year, mostly Monarchs, a Swallowtail or two, either an Eastern Tiger or Black variety, or a small white butterfly with a black spot on each wing. Honeybees, on the other hand, show up by the hundreds, so there is that. Maybe the message hasn't spread yet that the welcome mat is out for butterflies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Maybe the message hasn't spread yet that the welcome mat is out for butterflies.
I think the right plant is needed to attract them and also for them to lay their eggs so that the caterpillar will have the food to munch on and go into larvae stage and becomes a butterfly.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have several varieties of plants, such as Asclepias, also known as butterfly weed, various coneflowers, and Black-eyed Susan, to name a few. In fact, I saw the Monarch caterpillars on the Asclepias. Our neighbors also have butterfly-friendly plantings, but they don't see all that many, either. All I can do is make the place as attractive as possible and keep my fingers crossed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Oh, you better believe it! icanhascheezburger.com I'm still on their listserv because with all the crying I do, I also make it a point to laugh every day and ICHC is still the place for me!
N NY cat man That's what I try to do, too, though it gets harder with the drought and climate change out here in CATifornia. Spring is still pretty nice, though and there are butterflies, bees, and birds visiting pretty heavily then.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Welcome back! Yeah, I do notice some difference there :flail:Isn't that a new eyeliner you're using? :crackup:I know SOMETHING's different but I just can't put my finger on it.
Very glad you're here again but hope you will take it easy, especially since you're reading everything on a phone.
cat-7927.gif

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Monarchs will only lay their eggs on Milkweed.
I think Monarchs will only lay their eggs on Milkweed.
Asclepias tuberosa, also known as Butterfly weed, is in the same family as the common milkweed, and forms seedpods like common milkweed. Unfortunately, aphids also love butterfly weed, and we have had massive infestations of them. Now, if the Monarch caterpillars fed on the aphids, they would be in fat city, but I don't know whether that is the case or not.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one question for everyone. The doctor worked on me at length and when I came home I went to the mirror to take a look.
Do I look different to anyone?

Maybe my vision is furry?

View attachment 395914
:flail:
I think the eye doctor gave you a hair cut. I'm pretty sure you had much longer hair in older pictures. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.