Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Banjo was my guess too! Lol Mackie played a trick on me! He has always been very good at opening boxes. He always thinks packages are meant for him to open so I should have guessed that part. They do love those toys!

tabbytom tabbytom I have looked at Pinterest but you seem to find the best stuff there! 🤔 Special talent for it!
The kitties started the party without me!

strider rose strider rose Oh yes they had lots of fun! A box of kitty toy hearts! They are darling toys. The fabrics are precious and it gave great pleasure. I know the kitties have been very good about taking care of their hooman lately so it was nice to see them cutting loose and have a cat party.:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I know! My first thought was Banjo too! She is usually the one that gets into things first. I was tricked!

Lari Lari .:lol: Mackie may have opened the box but I do still suspect that Banjo got it out of my hiding place. It’s the same place I keep papers like the cat carrier paperwork and we all know Banjo has been there before! She is always the first one I look at too. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I think that Mackie gave himself away when he started laughing. He knew I would be fooled. He’s so smart. Those big claws of his probably got the box open pretty quickly. I think Banjo just handed things out. Of course Whistle is the catnip fiend so he probably spread the loose catnip everywhere. I had to laugh. I walked in and every cat looked like they had been caught with their paws in the cookie jar.
strider rose is definitely honorary auntie. Whistle would know her anywhere. He has a crush on her. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a phone generated memory from my file of photos! Three years ago. My how time flies. I remember that I was working out of exhaustion and trying to get the last cat of the colony out of harms way. Over a hundred cats. Bj was the last and I desperately wanted to get him to safety. I was soooo close to my goal. It had all started in 2017. Has it been that long? Lol A few cats came along after the colony so I guess it hasn’t ended yet but there aren’t a hundred cats outside my door under great duress now. Such a relief. Such a blessing.

Bj was still a feral Tom but he did allow me to offer food and sit near while he ate. I had to sneak taking photos. Lol
05EFF8EA-4D77-4E6A-B56D-EF3928B73493.jpeg

Such a big guy but he was sick with what I would soon learn was heart worms and FIV. He had just brought me the last female of the colony and his kittens. He was the last cat left outside. Fortunately he decided to join us shortly after this photo.
6D171CC3-9BB2-45C7-823E-56F4B3451FA8.jpeg

Bj’s last outside wife had just come inside. Fierce mom cat, Flowers, was still very feral and protecting her babies.
0DA8A70F-4DF9-42FA-8A3D-4B7DCDFB365D.jpeg

The Flowers babies were the last litter of kittens I would bring in. I first discovered them
Playing in flower pots! Lol
A8F64ECB-BC65-4546-B3DE-240099AE00F4.jpeg

I watched them but they watched me!
BDAFA928-B0DE-4E3C-A9DD-A29F5E30118D.jpeg

A little pwivacy pwease hooman!
896B25B4-91D2-4373-9FDB-8B96AC9C0808.jpeg

They adapted quickly to inside and plates of chicken and kitten food.
D5A4BDC4-1AA7-403C-85E1-4D0B1505943A.jpeg

Second helpings of everything was welcomed.
4D5BDD5F-3E01-43E1-B5A0-03CC6DEAC2EA.jpeg

Other kitties are in here! Lol The kittens were curious about the Clowder members but Flowers just wanted me to keep my distance.
FEC75149-B0F8-4CCC-A558-2AADE3D64896.jpeg

I have my Daddy's little black nose!
FE195B41-9A10-4DE7-A81A-45966FB56479.jpeg

When these little ones left for new homes, it was kind of hard knowing, no more little kitten babies would be in my arms. It was also great to know that no more would be born in that feral colony. It was a goal I had worked towards and dreamed of reaching. It was my greatest hope to find a safe place for each and every colony member.
3E9321B0-9648-448F-9312-AE89D8C61821.jpeg

Flowers looks like she is about to remove my finger from my hand here but she actually turned out to be a lap cat!
978459B0-67A4-4AF7-8C98-FE9DD0EAA818.jpeg

Bj, Flowers and me now.
5D3D206E-EF4F-49BB-B745-7B7BA46EA91E.jpeg

Just a little reminder for anyone who is working to save a feral or a whole colony, it may seem an unreachable goal but don’t give up. Tired? Frustrated? Feeling hopeless? Being criticized for putting so much time or effort into “helping cats”? Being told, it’s not your responsibility or problem? Ignore what others say. You are not alone. Other humans will be supportive. Other humans will care. Other humans will be grateful. Other humans will show love. Hold onto hope. Don’t give up. The rewards far outweigh everything. We may not win every battle but dreams can come true. In the end, it is well worth any fight to save a life. These cats have taught me more than I could ever convey. You could say that I “saved” them but the truth is that I owe them a great debt. They have filled my heart and they watch over me as much as I watch over them. It hardly seems like three years have passed.
Thank you to all the humans here who have been our support and cared! We got through those years with your help and love.:grouphug2:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just a little reminder for anyone who is working to save a feral or a whole colony, it may seem an unreachable goal but don’t give up. Tired? Frustrated? Feeling hopeless? Being criticized for putting so much time or effort into “helping cats”? Being told, it’s not your responsibility or problem? Ignore what others say. You are not alone. Other humans will be supportive. Other humans will care. Other humans will be grateful. Other humans will show love. Hold onto hope. Don’t give up. The rewards far outweigh everything. We may not win every battle but dreams can come true. In the end, it is well worth any fight to save a life. These cats have taught me more than I could ever convey. You could say that I “saved” them but the truth is that I owe them a great debt. They have filled my heart and they watch over me as much as I watch over them. It hardly seems like three years have passed.
Thank you to all the humans here who have been our support and cared! We got through those years with your help and love.:grouphug2:
Bless your heart. If only there are 100 or more people like you, all the kitties will have a good life. I want to say a big
65f048e0e91dbd40e2083292bfb1b336.gif
to you.

Without you, we would never have known you and met banjo and the gang.
4ab228563a0ee29d507ea5919e88f303.gif

And also to all who rescue kitties too!
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few little smiles anyone? It’s a Mitsy kind of day.

Mitsy is such a sweet looking little lady.
A3F3CD12-6667-44A2-A8EE-0E0B4B001EC6.jpeg

I can never get enough of her being snuggly.
CFDA767C-910E-49C4-B427-AB684CD52825.jpeg

I love getting pictures of her in my lap because I always wondered if she would ever allow that. Hmmm. She is giving me side glances. Maybe I should photograph her from above.
7D1DC0F5-605B-444D-8604-A77A3E148A51.jpeg

She gets so relaxed now!
8CEA3D29-0D9E-43D8-9A6D-FD8EDF3599E8.jpeg

She just melts onto me. Lol
23254810-133C-4563-8CDE-D8C1C146F098.jpeg

She makes biscuits on me too.
C95B1619-6D31-472E-95FD-AE42F0667A97.jpeg

Yes hooman. I make biscuits on you with my paws.
24A0CAE1-C1AD-4CC3-A873-797FADC707E6.jpeg

Enough with the photos! I see you. Put the camera down and pet the lap cat already!
4F21ABBA-5DFE-4D75-894E-2C118E30B6AE.jpeg

:flail:Looks like I have been the one caught with my paw in the cookie jar tonight. I put the camera down and started petting again.

She made me smile. I hope you smiled too.
I go back for eye treatment again tomorrow which means I will probably not be on tomorrow night. Rats. I have been enjoying being back. I will be back though! Just a brief interruption. Sending love and purrs enough to last until we return!:heartshape::purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you do much! :hugs:There are 100 or more like me. I met them here and they sent us love. Some may have ten cats, some only one but they all played a part in the rescues here and they all have a rescue of sorts of their own. I can name so many cats here! Dear January included! It is a group effort. Together we work to keep the chain of rescues going. I was blessed to meet Banjo and the gang and even more blessed to be able to share them with you. Just as you shared January with us. The light of all our kitties will shine on us and guide us to help others. That’s why the TCS furmily is so great. It brought us all together. There is strength in our numbers.:redheartpump::grouphug::bluecat::petcat::tabbycat::redtabby::gingercat::gingercat2::blackcat::angrycat::whiskers::angelcat::coolcat::happycat::redcat::devilcat2::dizzycat::catman::bigeyes::climbcat::dancingblackcat::bicolorcat::caticon::runningcat::purr::creampersian::hellocat::kitty::silver::sleepycat::geekcat::lovecat::lovecat2::winkcat::cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::vancat::whitecat::lovecat4:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I saw Topper worked up as a profile on socials yesterday -- either twitter or fb, I don't remember which. So someone out there is really going to bat for him! May he find that loving permanent home he so deserves!
Word is getting around. Topper has his angels looking out for him...and me! I'm more thankful than I can ever say. I just want that boy to have what he deserves!

And still no Scamper, although once in a while, I'll find what I call "the Scamper mess" around the bowls. He was the ONLY feral who just scattered food with abandon. It keeps me hoping.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lovely trip down memory lane, Jcatbird Jcatbird . So glad you found us, back then, so that we could be both supportive, but also (virtually) come along for some of the rescues. I'll never forget the night BJ came in, though I was asleep for the actual door closing part, and only read the exciting news the next morning. . You're a super cat woman hero, and I thank you for all you've done, and continue doing to help cats. :redheartpump::redheartpump:

Good luck with today's eye treatment. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 He's still there with you. NEVER GIVE UP. If he's eating there, you will undoubtedly see him again.
tabbytom tabbytom That's what we all need -- Dr. Tinycat and Nurse Kittoon!
strider rose strider rose You have quite a wonderful responsibility being auntie to the Chez Catbird clowder! I'm sure you are well aware of that.
Jcatbird Jcatbird SO true. One of my most fervent Prayers is for all people to really understand the sweetness, loyalty and love of cats, and for them to join us in respecting, protecting, and caring for them. Every one brings wonder to our lives, and of course, every one is deserving of life, good care, safety and love. We could make that happen, but only if more people become educated and involved.
BJ! What a great mancatto you are. I am sure that every member of your harim and all of your kids know it, and love you!
Yes, a cat PAWty is a major occasion for joy and we can see that a good time was had by all. Big Mackie is definitely a PAWty Animal!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After going down memory lane, reminiscing about BJ coming inside, I started reading this thread from the beginning. Mostly looking at pics, as way too much text to re-read, I mean 606 pages, and counting. LOL. But came across this precious pic of Smokey helping her mom comfort a newbie rescued kitten, Jet. Dear sweet Smokey, I know your Mom misses you, and appreciated all you did to help newbies to Chez Catbird feel safe and, but your work on earth is done, darling angel. :hearthrob::angel::hearthrob:

1631904662974.png

Also came across this pic of a newly rescued 5 month old Whistle. Funny, that as an adult cat, Whistle is afraid of big ears, when this is how his mom described him: 'Sort of! Big ears, big beautiful eyes and a meow that sounds more like a whistle.": :redheartpump:
1631905170598.png

Status
Not open for further replies.