My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day is special.

Settling in to being a cherished kitty. My first head bumps.
0E62C693-250A-440C-9BB2-31D99543B7BE.jpeg

Sending purrs to TCS.
0102A218-D768-49EA-BF63-168D1CAE0977.jpeg

Making biscuits for the hooman.
143DFF08-E778-4294-92CC-3061629D2E2A.jpeg

Saying special kitty prayers?
FE022B7C-98F4-405C-9728-76454B6D5A42.jpeg

Returning the favor of being brushed. Lol
282B4C69-9106-4C5C-A7AB-C0288A90A170.jpeg

Such a tender touch.,
F0BF997F-14D1-4828-A33B-BB06A00002EA.jpeg

Examining her surroundings.
F5052D5A-A7D6-44D8-9404-0BB2EA4D4441.jpeg

Telaxed and verrry flexible! Lol
779F63D0-84B8-4CAC-A0DF-B51C5C435DA3.jpeg

Shadows are fascinating things.
2A8EC804-1005-4B57-AEBB-1D48BB832D01.jpeg

Surely as cute as she can be!
F98C69B7-CA7B-4473-99E1-C8FC52A74243.jpeg

A girl I haven’t kissed yet? Let me introduce myself. I am BJ and I love you!
2F3B5210-8B91-4F5F-B089-5E94746E5139.jpeg

How about a kiss?
34316EF1-3378-46C8-9367-09D620DF1D27.jpeg

What?!?!?!?!?!
851656DA-15E5-4129-A666-9178BE2BC80D.jpeg

Sorry BJ. A kiss is not a sure thing.
49FAC94B-7E56-41EA-BB1C-D4B8AE0C8667.jpeg

On second thought, you are kind of handsome.
F5BEB9B6-508B-475F-A7AB-8F2F8DBC30BB.jpeg

Every day is special. Surely BJ will win a kiss!

I’ll be getting another surgery but I’ll be back as soon as I can. Keep the kitties purring, the flowers blooming, the birds singing and the smiles coming. I’ll keep a warm spot in the heart of Chez Catbird for everyone here. :gingercat2::climbcat::blackcat2::vancat::silver::caticon::dizzycat::kneading::silver::dancingblackcat::vancat::coolcat::silver::sleepycat::redheartpump::runningcat::cutecat::lovecat3::bicolorcat::purr::kneading::lovecat2::geekcat::silver::lovecat4::vancat::whiskers::silver::happycat::thanks::touched:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Love seeing so many of the clowder together.

Yay! A game. LOL. I do always loving counting to see how many make it into a pic. Today is the highest yet, I think.
I totally had to count twice, but I see 12 in the below pic.

View attachment 394436

That's 15, so 3 are missing in the pic with the 12. :)

Not even gonna try, as there's too many striped ones, and I always get them confused, plus too many have their backs to the camera.
Deym! I missed the 12th! LoL

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some of my best flowers are ferals.:lol: As it should be
Absolutely! I want a Thomas Kincaid kinda English cottage with an English cottage garden...everything growing altogether in a mass of riotous color, no rigid lines or beds or plans, just everything tumbling about in joyous freedom! BIG backyard with a patio, a thin border of actual "lawn," (maybe 4' wide all around) and the rest sewn in wildflowers and allowed to grow as it will. And fenced by Purrfect Fence Company, so I can sit on my patio and watch kitties bounding among the flowers!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’ll be getting another surgery but I’ll be back as soon as I can. Keep the kitties purring, the flowers blooming, the birds singing and the smiles coming. I’ll keep a warm spot in the heart of Chez Catbird for everyone here. :gingercat2::climbcat::blackcat2::vancat::silver::caticon::dizzycat::kneading::silver::dancingblackcat::vancat::coolcat::silver::sleepycat::redheartpump::runningcat::cutecat::lovecat3::bicolorcat::purr::kneading::lovecat2::geekcat::silver::lovecat4::vancat::whiskers::silver::happycat::thanks::touched:
Hope the eye surgery goes well, and you have a quick recovery. :redheartpump: We'll miss you while you're being nursed by the clowder, but make sure you follow doctor's orders. :redheartpump: I think I can find a flower pic, or two, to post to keep the thread active, during your absence. Good luck. :redheartpump:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to keep the thread active with a question........
A new sick (non-feral) cat has turned up at a feral feeding station. Normally there are just 2 old (both over 10 years) rather doddery neutered cats and a local guest who seems to turn up when the food provided at home is not enough or not up to standard.

The new young cat, with infected eyes, appeared while my colleague was laying down the evening's supply of food. The cat was friendly, ate with the other 2 cats but my colleague did not have a carrier so had to leave her there. Since then we have been searching for the new cat but have only seen her on camera - eating alone at midnight.

It looks as though we will have to trap her. The 2 old cats will not enter a trap (they have had to be caught too often and had to be grabbed by "sportswomen" to get them to the vet during the past few years). I think they are too old to be left with no food except in a trap, which they won't enter. The feeding station is not a place where I would feel safe in the dark - and certainly not at midnight.

At the moment we are brainstorming to find the best way to set about this task. We will start the project as soon as I am able to drive (medical setback - but not serious) and a trap is available. I will take first responsibility for the cat as soon as she has been caught. We will no doubt find a way - but any ideas would be appreciated.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to keep the thread active with a question........
A new sick (non-feral) cat has turned up at a feral feeding station. Normally there are just 2 old (both over 10 years) rather doddery neutered cats and a local guest who seems to turn up when the food provided at home is not enough or not up to standard.

The new young cat, with infected eyes, appeared while my colleague was laying down the evening's supply of food. The cat was friendly, ate with the other 2 cats but my colleague did not have a carrier so had to leave her there. Since then we have been searching for the new cat but have only seen her on camera - eating alone at midnight.

It looks as though we will have to trap her. The 2 old cats will not enter a trap (they have had to be caught too often and had to be grabbed by "sportswomen" to get them to the vet during the past few years). I think they are too old to be left with no food except in a trap, which they won't enter. The feeding station is not a place where I would feel safe in the dark - and certainly not at midnight.

At the moment we are brainstorming to find the best way to set about this task. We will start the project as soon as I am able to drive (medical setback - but not serious) and a trap is available. I will take first responsibility for the cat as soon as she has been caught. We will no doubt find a way - but any ideas would be appreciated.
Oh dear! No suggestions (Great ones soon will be coming I'm sure)
Sending good vibes and crossed fingers your way. Bless you for caring for these kittys. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::rock::catrub:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It looks as though we will have to trap her. The 2 old cats will not enter a trap (they have had to be caught too often and had to be grabbed by "sportswomen" to get them to the vet during the past few years). I think they are too old to be left with no food except in a trap, which they won't enter.
Maybe you can try this. Disguise the trap.
Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 7.17.05 AM.jpg

Or, if they are spotted and you are waiting, try this
59f321613f63d98257b89ae185f05cad.gif

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl Wish I had time to answer too but you got good tips!! Get that kitty. I’ll be rooting for you and I hope you feel better, whatever the medical thing is. Don’t give up on trapping kitty. Eye infection can be quick to cause problems. Wondering if a vet could give you some sort of antibiotics to put in the food until you catch kitty? You could ask if that would help. Good luck! Hopefully by the time I come back, you’ll have the kitty.
Gotta go now! Just had to come long enough to say Bravo for helping!!:clap2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl *Prayers* from the heart and best thoughts and wishes for your health and recuperation, and for that little cat to come in to safe haven and get the necessary help.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Your balcony looks like a little bit of Paradise! A cool breeze, a gorgeous Gypsy, and colorful little hummers and flowers!
Jcatbird Jcatbird Feral flowers, like feral cats, are favorites here, as you know. Surely you know this! :runningcat:Those are gorgeous shots and gorgeous flowers! I miss our Blue Flag iris from the Mojave. I hope they are thriving. Ongoing *Prayers* from the heart for success and quick recuperation, as comfortable as possible, from the operations. You are indeed a heroine and a star (no, don't bother denying. Everyone here will gang up on you and agree with me.):insertevillaugh::catlove::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Get plenty of C.A.T. and I wouldn't suggest framing my bad poetry unless you are in the market for a lot of laughs and as a conversation piece :insertevillaugh:
*And BJ, uh, I think she's a little YOUNG yet. And besides, you have quite a large harim already.* :crackup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird : sending hugs and healing vibes your way. Hope to see you back here soon. 🤗🤗🤗
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

And, as promised, a couple flower pics.

Bright and Cheery Rudbeckia, with a neighbouring Echinacea squeezing into the shot on the right, and a Montauk Daisy on the left. The Montauk Daisy is just getting its flower buds, so should be putting on a show in a couple of weeks.
1631187165590.png

Beautiful, easy to grow, Sedum. They go from green in summer, to pink in fall. It will continue to deepen its colour, but right now it's at my favourite shade of pink.
1631187129127.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I keep looking at these flower photos and just yearning. When I get back to Chattanooga, one of my first things will be to look up an old friend who always planted masses of honeysuckle and night-blooming jasmine around her back porch and patio. Lord, you could get drunk just breathing the air. The bees would be purely GIDDY with it! I saw one light on a honeysuckle blossom and fall to the ground...she lay there for a minute, then flew off. I think she passed out from the wonderful scents around her!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The bees would be purely GIDDY with it! I saw one light on a honeysuckle blossom and fall to the ground...she lay there for a minute, then flew off. I think she passed out from the wonderful scents around her!
I think this is a form of catnip for bees. It's called Bee-nip :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.