My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man ...exactly what I guessed before I saw your descriptor. Exciting!!! And you and tabbytom tabbytom talking shop about photography brings to mind my second ex, who was a location scout and argued endlessly with me about "snaps" vs. pro pix. I like both.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Yes, the designs of the coins are what I love, too; and yes, it was very unexpected and surprising for him to give those to me. Unfortunately, I lost one somewhere along the way and I'm afraid to wear the other one, since it's probably valuable. Kind of a shame to leave it in a drawer unworn!
Wow, Banjo, that is a gorgeous new carrier. Turquoise is definitely your color, girl! And just like Macavity in T.S. Eliot's "CATS," Bonjure's NOT THERE!!!:insertevillaugh: VERY mysterious! Did you find him?;)
That's what I thought about "The Lady Of The Islands" when I saw the newspaper in your curio box, but of course I wasn't sure.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ditto. Welcome back, N NY cat man .

1628360885156.png

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama That one was worth waiting for! I would like an area like that with a whole area just for daylillies! Yours seem to do exceptionally well there. I remember when I was very young that my Grandmother has a place just for daylillies. She didn’t have the variety of colors that you have though. She mostly had yellows are orange. Maybe a sort of rust tone too. Do you put new mulch down every year? It looked so nice and neat!
I wonder if the yellow and orange were the original day lily colours, and since then they've cultivated way more different varieties and colours. Do I put down mulch every year? No, no every year. It gets pricey, but I decided to splurge and tidy all the beds up this year. Hopefully it'll just be touch up mulch next year.

I forgot a couple of pictures of garden visitors yesterday; visitors that I have never seen before, except as pictures.View attachment 390800View attachment 390802
For the uninitiated, these are the caterpillar stage of the monarch butterfly.
Oh, how totally cool !!!! You'll have to keep an eye out for cocoons. :butterfly:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That is my All Time favorite cat video!I have watched it over and over since I first found it on the site and I still laugh every time. That little kitten that comes out last! Must have gone in first though. Lol I tried to count kitties but they move out fast! Ten? I don’t know but that is the bottomless carrier. I need one just like that! All kitties inside at once! I actually have a Pet Taxi brand carrier but mine isn’t magic like that one. Or...... maybe I just don’t know how to activate it yet? Maybe Bonjour does. Thank you for posting my favorite here! :flail::flail:I’m going to get back up off of the floor now.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Bonjour must have learned a bit of magic. The other kitties were looking for him everywhere! It was really funny. If he can trick Banjo, he is really doing something! She looked totally confused.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 So true and that is the sweetest picture. Ginger kitties are purrfect!

N NY cat man Your explanation is fine! I get it. Fill flash and the right background. Very nice shot! I love your caterpillar too. A sign of more beauty to come. So kind of you to feed him. Lol The pay off later will be well worth it. As tabbytom tabbytom said, very precise balance on everything to get that happy Glads photo. Wow!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Banjo is happy to share where she orders. Lol She got her carrier from Chewy! We have ordered more than one of those carriers and they have the Banjo seal of approval along with Thrasher, Bonnie, Whistle, Muffin and others. I plan to order a few more since some of the kitties have grown! It comes in pink too! If Gypsy will forgive a vet visit, it’s well worth getting! Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I also love snaps. Sometimes a snap shot catches the moment a professional shot misses. A snap can turn out Purrfect too. When I was doing photos for shows, it was painstaking to make sure I documented exactly what was required but snaps are just plain fun. I like both too. My vision won’t allow for the micro/macro stuff I once did but I still love trying.
So sorry you lost one coin but the flip side is that you still have one! You could frame it! That would protect it from any scratches and still allow you to enjoy seeing it. Truthfully, wearing them causes damage and lowers the value. Not that the monetary value is what counts though. I have a “Widow’s mite” that I just like seeing. I have it behind glass so I can enjoy it. It’s really not worth much to anyone but me but I still want to protect it. You could also wear the coin as a necklace but there is risk of losing the second one.
Banjo thinks angus is her color. Lol She was not interested in the pink version of the carrier. I guess that’s more Lady’s color. Lol
You have sharp eyes to spot that “Orchid Lady” of the Islands paper! Impressive! Lol Just an old story about a fairytale trip. ;) I expect there was some magic involved there too.
Bonjure? Photos coming!

rubysmama rubysmama I think that you may be right and the orange or yellow daylillies were the first. I don’t really know though. Perhaps they were just the first in this part of the world. I love the reddish ones. There is a Dalily Society here and I have seen lots of variations that are beautiful. I was a member for awhile but with Sarah, the Orchid business and a great many orchid societies to keep up with, I let that go. I was in the Camellia Society, some Gardening groups and even attempted a few Gourd meetings. Lol I was a bit bored with gourds. Although I have seen amazing carvings in some of them. Stunning work!

Cocoons would be great! Hopefully a Monarch from NY will flutter by here some time!

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That is my All Time favorite cat video!I have watched it over and over since I first found it on the site and I still laugh every time. That little kitten that comes out last!
Yea, I like this GIF too and the last surprise was a kitten and the third last one that came out looks like Bonjour.................. :lol: :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we left, Bonjour had vanished before our eyes! Even our resident magician, Banjo was impressed. The Clowder began to search for him.
DF983CD9-48AB-4B89-9542-AF8720C12ABE.jpeg

BJ tried scenting him with his tongue! Lol
2745EEBA-7387-4EE7-AD57-C2F7CDE7B834.jpeg

They even looked outside, knowing full well that Bonjour would never go out there. Lol
D04264E6-CC6E-4768-AE43-E06931EE0D25.jpeg

Banjo searched every carrier in the house. No Bonjour!
C8DC6E51-A152-4E91-A49A-04E6DD9E9996.jpeg

Whistle became very concerned.
03EAD1D1-7C8D-4AC6-8DE3-1E65AE1FB6E4.jpeg

He is always a bit of a worrier anyway.
CF77BE2C-C3FF-4DE7-9F18-6B5352351CCB.jpeg

Whistle, I promise you that Bonjour is here somewhere.
2B2A5141-C73F-4B47-95E6-5F1B97CD60E3.jpeg

And no, he is not on the ceiling like a bug.:lol:
5C946D53-C7AF-4E6B-8417-759C0FBFC5EA.jpeg

Quit worrying. We’ll find him. He’s playing a trick on us.
5A9DF63D-5FF8-42E5-92B4-3D4DE3AA61B0.jpeg

Dolly, you’re a black cat, what do you think?
I think that he is doing what black cats do best. He is hiding in plain sight.
416C15ED-E0F0-47FE-81B2-9EBFCDEA26CC.jpeg

Hmmmm. As I always advise people who are searching for a cat, look under everything, over everything and in everything.
DCFB7EE7-F894-4A93-AB00-F35C9AE5F73F.jpeg

It’s dark inside the top of the catio.
3AC07581-211D-4BC8-931C-AFF65552444F.jpeg

Ohhhhhh! Lol
6F372D55-E212-451B-8581-398EDD906EDF.jpeg

Bonnie! Maybe you do have wings like a bug. How did you get up here without anybody seeing you?
93DD39BB-F63B-4CA3-9B31-6591F4EE7F35.jpeg

Pretty slick Bonjour. A magician never tells his secrets. But.... I will be watching!
F3ECAC77-D26B-437B-96D3-4941C45A314C.jpeg

Just for the record, we had to find Banjos treasure box too. It was under Bonjours tail. Bonjour is quite talented. Who knew!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Had to watch it on Youtube, and worth the trip!

WELL...the news I was hoping for is in...Itty Bitty, the tink kitten who showed up alone has been adopted by the neighbors several doors down from me. No more than 5-6 weeks old...They now have him on kitten food 6 times a day, mixed with KMR. He is THRIVING! And Splish was, as I suspected, adopted by the sister of a neighbor, whose little girl fell in love with him. He has been neutered already, and is adjusting to being a house cat like a champ! They call him the Velcro Kitty. I'll miss them both, SO much, but I know that they are safe and loved now, which is all I really wanted for them!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The Clowder began to search for him.
DF983CD9-48AB-4B89-9542-AF8720C12ABE.jpeg
I love pics that show several of the clowder kitties. There's 8 in that shot. How many others were there, but didn't get in the picture?

Hmmmm. No one said a thing so maybe I shouldn’t name names but.... hoping this is okay for a belated Happy Birthday wish!
That's rather cryptic. LOL. Happy Belated Birthday to the mysterious birthday gal / guy. :celebrate:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we left, Bonjour had vanished before our eyes! Even our resident magician, Banjo was impressed. The Clowder began to search for him.View attachment 390884
BJ tried scenting him with his tongue! Lol
View attachment 390885
They even looked outside, knowing full well that Bonjour would never go out there. Lol
View attachment 390886
Banjo searched every carrier in the house. No Bonjour!
View attachment 390887
Whistle became very concerned.
View attachment 390888
He is always a bit of a worrier anyway.
View attachment 390889
Whistle, I promise you that Bonjour is here somewhere.
View attachment 390890
And no, he is not on the ceiling like a bug.:lol:
View attachment 390891
Quit worrying. We’ll find him. He’s playing a trick on us.
View attachment 390892
Dolly, you’re a black cat, what do you think?
I think that he is doing what black cats do best. He is hiding in plain sight.
View attachment 390893
Hmmmm. As I always advise people who are searching for a cat, look under everything, over everything and in everything.
View attachment 390895
It’s dark inside the top of the catio.
View attachment 390897
Ohhhhhh! Lol
View attachment 390898
Bonnie! Maybe you do have wings like a bug. How did you get up here without anybody seeing you?
View attachment 390900
Pretty slick Bonjour. A magician never tells his secrets. But.... I will be watching!
View attachment 390902
Just for the record, we had to find Banjos treasure box too. It was under Bonjours tail. Bonjour is quite talented. Who knew!
A cat'll do what a cat'll do. (Cattle.):crackup::purr:Some say cats are shape-shifters. Others say they are liquid. Still others, that they are magic. There's definitely truth in that last thought, yes?
Yeah, I got very tired of my ex denigrating my photos, calling them "snaps." My photos are taken with love, and are usually of those I love, or other subjects that are beautiful to me, or important in some way. Technical prowess is learned. Caring has to be FELT, and that's what's important to me. I can look at pro photos all day long and not be moved. Not to diss those who study the craft and live by it. But it's not my preference. I can look through a lifetime of precious memories and revisit time spent with beloved ones who have gone on. That's what matters to me.
I've only ever worn the coin as an earring, on a wire, so damage would be minimal. But I guess it's okay where it is. There's a river of bad blood between me and that cousin now, so I wouldn't want to be reminded of him all the time. Poor guy -- a lifetime of mostly misguided priorities. Too many fall prey to them.
How wonderful that your trip was a special one!

Status
Not open for further replies.