My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What my Gran told me was that all cats can talk, but they will only talk if they have something worth saying and someone worth saying it to. YEARS later, I read almost the same thing in a Peter S. Beagle novel, and asked Dad about it. He said, "Your Gran did know a Beagle family at one time..." I've often wondered if he said that to her, or if she said it to him, when he was a boy.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I’m glad you enjoyed the sky. I love seeing a beautiful sky. Hopefully our friends will be back.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Was your kitty watching me? lol I always enjoy cloud pictures. Painted by the greatest of all artists.

rubysmama rubysmama I thought it looked a lot like Froggie. Lol You really do have a lot of blooms at once! Do you do anything special to get that many flowers?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The smoke has been all over this part of the country. The satellite maps showed it as a blanket over us. It has been awful. I can’t open the house for long without the smell becoming too much.
A family of bear clouds sounds lovely. A heart too? You can’t beat a heart! Except with the beat of a heart. ;):redheartpump:
I do remember you mentioning that friend. Losses like that are great losses.
If you can keep a shallow dish or pan of water, maybe the dragons will return?
Banjo loves being adorable. Lol Miss Dramadorable.
It is very touching when someone makes a donation that is relevant to the

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Your Gram was very wise. I love some of Peter S. Beagles work. Very cool if she knew the family!

BellaGooch BellaGooch Glad you enjoyed the sky too. Glorious clouds!
The donation was so very meaningful to me. Perhaps another life saved?

C Cat Grrl How are things there? Had you on my mind.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have placed an order with Chewy.

Some cats aren’t too worked up about it.
3FCB37BB-9154-4797-842F-BA6498180D5B.jpeg

Or maybe I read that wrong? Muffin may be all twisted up with excitement. Lol How did she get her paws like that?
568CE0D8-FD0B-4331-9B96-3518075A2E16.jpeg

Lady knows treats are coming.
F158E055-8E51-43AF-B3C9-CF3BAC0098DC.jpeg

She is listening for the delivery truck.
126B2719-E10F-4277-89D7-352407B4A3A8.jpeg

Every time she hears a truck go by she…..
C165F4BA-DE9A-4184-A0F9-E23F23C9556D.jpeg

Nearly falls off her seat!!
FDC89D53-03B0-4B20-B93C-4607405D722F.jpeg

This will have to be continued later. I have a very early appointment. My Dad is coming to see me!! This is a very rare occurrence and I don’t know when the chance will come again so I may be late getting here but…… we will return!!
Sending love and purrs to everyone!!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. A lot is blooming at the same time, so I'm taking lots of pics. :camera:

Oh, that's so lovely, Jcatbird Jcatbird . :hearthrob:

Looks a bit Froggie-like to me too. 🐸

I miss them too. :(

M maggiedemi and N NY cat man - the site isn't the same without the 2 of you. Hope you'll be back soon. :redheartpump:
I may have missed this as I was also out, but anyone knows any updates about them??

yeah, I also miss them. ❤

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You really do have a lot of blooms at once! Do you do anything special to get that many flowers?
Nothing special, other than staring at them all the time, wondering when they'll bloom. :lol:

Seriously, I think they're just all mid-summer bloomers, and since they're all in the same garden, get the same amount of sun, water, etc., bloom together. I do have one "late-bloomer" who though has buds, is waiting till the others finish showing off to put on their pretty display. It's another of my favourites. Should be in the next week or so. I'll post a pic once she blooms.

Meanwhile, here's pic showing some of the blooms from earlier in the week. It's not very well focused, but will give an idea of how many day lilies I had blooming at the same time. The one I'm waiting for is the middle one in the front row.

1627639650986.png

And speaking of lots of blooms, I'm sure N NY cat man 's garden is putting on a magnificent show right. Hope he comes back soon, so we can see some pics.

This will have to be continued later. I have a very early appointment. My Dad is coming to see me!! This is a very rare occurrence and I don’t know when the chance will come again so I may be late getting here but…… we will return!!
Sending love and purrs to everyone!!
Oh, that's wonderful, Jcatbird Jcatbird . Enjoy every second with your Dad. 🤗

I may have missed this as I was also out, but anyone knows any updates about them??

yeah, I also miss them. ❤
Jcatbird Jcatbird has been in touch with both of them, and they are both "taking a break". Hopefully just short breaks, and will be back soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous blooms, rubysmama rubysmama ! You must be staring at them in a way that pleases them:lol:🌺🌸🥀🌹🌷💐

Have a wonderful visit with your dad, Jcatbird Jcatbird !
That smoke must be an unwanted gift from the west. I have read that it is reaching the east coast. Terrible.
Yes, I keep a bowl of water out back for anyone who might need it.
Well, Muffin may be playing it cool, but Lady won't let that truck drive on by when it's loaded with goodies!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you a wonderful time spent with your Dad. A lot has happened this year, I am so glad he is able to spend time with you.

I hope all that Smoke clears up, so you and everyone in your neck of woods can breathe fresh air again. Wishing you and everyone at Chez Catbird a great weekend.:heartshape:

P.S That was very sweet of your Vet to make a donation in Smokey's name. Sounds like a very caring Vet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t be on tonight. I have electrical problems and trying to get repairs done. :heartshape:Back soon! Love to all.
*PRAYERS* for those problems to be fixed quickly and $ rather than $$ or $$$. When you come back I will tell you our good repair news.:yess:
Snorgles to each and every member of Chez Catbird!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I agree that Lady will not let that truck go past! Lol
My electrical issues seem to be working okay. You got something repaired? Is it what I hope for you?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose It was a good visit with my Dad and my step sister. It was short but nice. I’ll post more about it later.
Our vet is a special one. We are very lucky to have our vets and staff!!
I hope all is well there. Love from all here!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote :hugs::purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been super hot here and I had to work on some electrical outlets so….. got even hotter inside!! I didn’t want the kitties to get too hot so I did something similar to what I did for outside ferals in the past. It’s sort of an evaporative cooling system. Lol Just a temporary measure while I worked. I bought a couple of things from the dollar store before I started working.

A knotty pool filled with ice and placed in front of a fan can actually work as an evaporative cooler and cool and area. Sooo…. Lots of ice and pools!!
9F8A2C04-3961-4455-8D47-8E45B422CB7B.jpeg

How will the cats take it? Lets’s watch! Muffing first.
EB155807-A5F6-4351-A512-A5BE2B50B17A.jpeg

Thrasher joins her.
873EB8F8-4440-42F2-973D-E378D4ECE04C.jpeg

Then BJ.Okay kitties!! Care for a cool dip?lolololol No one got in but they did enjoy standing there and watching the ice melt! I think Thrasher was tempted to just lay down in the pool!! I got the cat approval from them!!
D5647D6B-B078-4D7A-AE92-89E7B5F67048.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Your garden is beautiful! I love the mix of colors! So cheerful!!
Thanks. It's nice to have so many blooming at once. I take tons of pictures, so I have something to look back at during the cold months.

My electrical issues seem to be working okay.
Glad your electrical issues are fixed.

It’s been super hot here and I had to work on some electrical outlets so….. got even hotter inside!!
As a "hasn't even used my small fan yet this summer" Canadian girl, I was confused for a sec trying to figure out why your house got hotter without electricity. :rolleyes3: :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been super hot here and I had to work on some electrical outlets so….. got even hotter inside!! I didn’t want the kitties to get too hot so I did something similar to what I did for outside ferals in the past. It’s sort of an evaporative cooling system. Lol Just a temporary measure while I worked. I bought a couple of things from the dollar store before I started working.

A knotty pool filled with ice and placed in front of a fan can actually work as an evaporative cooler and cool and area. Sooo…. Lots of ice and pools!!
View attachment 389999
How will the cats take it? Lets’s watch! Muffing first.
View attachment 390000
Thrasher joins her.
View attachment 390001
Then BJ.Okay kitties!! Care for a cool dip?lolololol No one got in but they did enjoy standing there and watching the ice melt! I think Thrasher was tempted to just lay down in the pool!! I got the cat approval from them!!
View attachment 390002
That is the principle by which people in areas without AC always cooled themselves! And oh yes, it works! I can relate to Thrasher wanting to jump in the pool, too. I haven't been to your area but I do know how hot and humid it can get there.
So glad you had a good visit with your Dad! It will be nice to hear about it.
Yes, you are intuitive and you are right. My roomie had mentioned twice about getting the HVAC fixed; my MO is to believe something when I see it, so I just went on with life. Then she asked about making an appt. The techs came and said they could not work on the unit unless I pruned the big old camellia next to it, which I was loathe to do; but I re-thought it and changed my mind, asking my roomie if he would oversee the gardeners as they did the job. He did. He made another appt. and the techs came back. I heard a sound like the motor coming on; then they asked me to turn the unit on.
Cool air came blasting out!!!
IDK exactly what they did but they said there was nothing wrong with the unit. AND they did not charge for the call! My roomie said he chose them because they had sent a card thanking us for inquiring with them, and they were the first ones on the list I copied out of the phone book.
Looks like he chose the right ones.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a good visit with my Dad and my step sister. It was short but nice. I’ll post more about it later.
Our vet is a special one. We are very lucky to have our vets and staff!!
I hope all is well there. Love from all here!
So glad you had a good visit with your dad. Hope all else is well at your end. Yay!! The kitties have there own indoor swimming pool. You spoil them alot.😉 I'm hanging in there . I am down 25 pounds with 35 more to go!!! Things might be slowing down due to my insomia though. Darn you Insomia!!!:frustrated:I will have to work harder to get adequate sleep each night. Well, you have a good night. Take care.❤

Hope everyone is doing well here. Take care.🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you had a good visit with your dad. Hope all else is well at your end. Yay!! The kitties have there own indoor swimming pool. You spoil them alot.😉 I'm hanging in there . I am down 25 pounds with 35 more to go!!! Things might be slowing down due to my insomia though. Darn you Insomia!!!:frustrated:I will have to work harder to get adequate sleep each night. Well, you have a good night. Take care.❤

Hope everyone is doing well here. Take care.🙂
That's great progress! Keep up the great work and don't beat yourself up for occasional setbacks. Just pick back up and keep going! :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.