My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Thanks so much for posting those photos!
All are so adorable. Sweet Pawpurr. I love her, so adorable!
Prints looks perfect with my Wanda Heart. So sweet looking. I loved Wanda Heart from the first day you posted about her. A sweet precious orange kitty. Give her plenty of cuddles from me. Tell her how much I love her! Brave sweet BJ, going to the cold outside world with you to find sweet Thrasher. I am sure all is happy in your home now with Thrasher back home where she belongs. BJ looks so cute in the cat harness and leash walking around. He had to be brave and help you find precious Thrasher. All the kitties appreciate and love BJ. He helped his kitty sister to come back home. So happy for all of you!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wouldn’t a gathering of everyone be fun? The TCS extrafurganza! Lol
I think it would be so neat to get to meet everyone! And if we got to visit the kitties of Chez Catbird, it would be purrfect.

Spoker alert! Fresh shrimp!!
I was wondering why you thought we'd need a spoiler alert for shrimp. Then I saw the pic. Kinda gross looking, aren't they, but anything for the kitties. :catlove:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, guys, thank you for your good wishes. As of yesterday, my temp went to 101.2, and my Dr. concurred with my diagnosis, given my cough, that my aspiration pneumonia was not totally resolved when I was discharged. He called in a prescription for me, though. Saw him today, and he confirmed that I'm a pretty fair diagnostician of my own ailments. I may be hit and miss for several days while we get this under control here at home.

Koslowski's Law of Window Cleaning.
The spot is on the other side. IF you take your cloth and cleaner outside, the spot will move by osmosis through the glass, remaining
ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Mrs. Murphy was a woman. If Murphy had been a man, there is at least an 80% chance that law would have said, "If anything can go wrong, MAKE YOUR WIFE DO IT!" It is my considered opinion that a good many of the OTHER 20% of men are here on TCS.
You rest and pamper yourself :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes::heartshape:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:sigh: So sorry to hear things didn't work out. Were the kittens too rambunctious?
:dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat:
One wasn't actually really socialized yet and they couldn't even touch him (I think the shelter rushed to adopt them out young when they could have used a few more weeks in foster care) and the other had an undisclosed medical condition. I feel like the shelter should have been more transparent for sure, and after just having gone through all the health issues with Belle they just weren't ready to take on those extra needs. I know many would disagree with their decision, but I'm glad they're doing what's best for them and realizing they need more time to grieve Belle as well.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
One wasn't actually really socialized yet and they couldn't even touch him (I think the shelter rushed to adopt them out young when they could have used a few more weeks in foster care) and the other had an undisclosed medical condition. I feel like the shelter should have been more transparent for sure, and after just having gone through all the health issues with Belle they just weren't ready to take on those extra needs. I know many would disagree with their decision, but I'm glad they're doing what's best for them and realizing they need more time to grieve Belle as well.
💝 Knowing what they went through with their beloved Belle I certainly don't disagree with their decision. The shelter dropped the ball. Perhaps, when they are ready, they might do better with a kitty a bit older. Not a senior but since it seems that most folks want to adopt kittens there are lots of grown kittys needing furrever families. If your aunts could volunteer at a shelter as folks who just go to help socialize by reading or playing or petting, they might find a good match for them. Or better yet a bonded pair who need to go to the same home such as these two sweet sisters at Bideawee nonprofit in New York for example.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💝 Knowing what they went through with their beloved Belle I certainly don't disagree with their decision. The shelter dropped the ball. Perhaps, when they are ready, they might do better with a kitty a bit older. Not a senior but since it seems that most folks want to adopt kittens there are lots of grown kittys needing furrever families. If your aunts could volunteer at a shelter as folks who just go to help socialize by reading or playing or petting, they might find a good match for them. Or better yet a bonded pair who need to go to the same home such as these two sweet sisters at Bideawee nonprofit in New York for example.
Yeah, she mentioned a young adult cat might fit them better once they've had more time. I wish they didn't live like 500 miles away because Lelia's TNR does an excellent job socializing their kittens and being super transparent.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Smokey deserved those shrimp and I hope she enjoyed them thoroughly!
Yes, it's a very difficult time for shelters/ACCs/humane societies/rescues/sanctuaries, as it is for cats and kittens, in the wake of the ill-advised, short-sighted, insensitive and anthropocentric former Surgeon General's prioritizing humans over everyone else, which I 100% disagree with, and making spay/neuter "elective" rather than the ESSENTIAL it is, for cats AND for humans who are now left holding the ball. And of course the pandemic is far from over so the crisis is far from over. Our hard work was beginning to get us close to our goal, but this has been a tremendous setback, no matter how positive some people try to be about it. But "a luta continua" (the struggle continues). I advocate for all felines, but especially love when adult and senior cats are adopted into loving homes. Especially for calmer households of people of any age, adult and senior cats make excellent adoptees.
Bideawee's comment is excellent. And Lari Lari , I share your wish!!!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Just all the very best *Prayers* and thoughts for you! Though there are a few serious contenders here on TCS, we are not Superman/woman ;) and these setbacks are our reminders of that. R&R and plenty of C.A.T. is indicated ;), definitely!
And yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird , the majority of people here on TCS truly love and care about cats. "Don't we wish everyone (here) did?"

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would refer to the alleged pronouncement of Jesus that 'better you had never been born' than that you 'offend one of these little ones'.
Wish he would protect us better in this life though. Seems like all the promises are for the next life. :dunno:

my aspiration pneumonia was not totally resolved when I was discharged
I had that when I got out of the hospital and they ended up putting me back in. My breathing is starting to get bad again now that I've been sitting around depressed. I need to get back to my walks. I think I forgot how to strut though...🚶‍♀️

Murphy predicted my life. Lol
Hee hee. Well at least you can laugh about your misfortunes. Probably easier once they are in the rearview though. 🚗🚌🛳✈

I suspect cats would all like to have a birds’ eye view.
I actually have flown on planes a few times. I went to Dallas, Texas twice and Reno, Nevada once. ✈

Banjo would be a bargain shopper. She would want as many treats as she can get for my money.
Ha! That's a different perspective on finding a bargain- spending somebody else's money. I like it! Thanks for the tip Banjo. :thumbsup:

Let’s get all the yucky over with at once and be done with it.
Yes! Let's do this!!! 🙌

Spoiler alert! Fresh shrimp!! I hate to cook these
I can't look. Are you cooking things that are still alive? :fear:

Don't we wish everyone (here) did?
The old me would have asked you for details. But I'm trying to stay out of trouble. ;)

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A TCS party sounds great! I’ll bring dinner! (And a few extra cats, of course!)

Smokey is as gorgeous as ever!

Lari Lari , sorry to hear about your aunts and the kittens. :hugs:I’m glad, though, like you, that they’re doing what’s best for them. They’re in my prayers.

Life is hard. But I’m trusting it will be easy and blissful in heaven, despite how many hardships this life brings us. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey I glad you enjoyed the photos! Wanda Heart is a precious one. She has won over my heart too. Prints took to her right away. That helped him adjust to the other kitties. Pawpurr has taken over with her human. Lol That was a very good match. They needed each other. BJ was so brave. Thrasher was in a place he was afraid to return to but he went anyway. Wearing a harness to go outside was new to him but he acted like he had always done it. He is an amazing cat and Thrasher responded to him immediately. It was the most beautiful thing to see the love and trust between them. Cats are amazing! Smokey is a grand lady. She has played a very special part in life here. She still holds title of lead female and peace maker. Little but all the cats obey her. Lol

Lari Lari I am so sorry to hear about the kittens not working out. Sadly, shelters often just work to get the fastest home possible for kittens. The kitten cuteness is their best chance to get homes when there is an abundance of babies needing placement. Some shelters are better than others about fully betting and matching the right kitty to the right human. That’s a luxury that many shelters just don’t have. It’s awful that more care was not taken. I am so sorry. Maybe they can try again later. If they can find a shelter that will allow visit time before adopting, they will be better able to find a good match. If there is a cat cage near them, that’s a great way to meet and interact with the cats ahead of time and even over a period of time. The cat cafes here get all their kitties from the shelter here. Win, win for all. Working directly with a foster might work too. They can get vet records before adopting. I know that must have been a tough experience for them. I hope they can try again. Something I often suggest to others is to try fostering. That helps kitties needing a temporary home but if you happen to fall in love, it can become an adoption. Another form of win, win.

rubysmama rubysmama I think it would be fantastic to have a TCS meet and greet! I would love to have everyone here and the kitties would finally get to meet all the people who gave us support as the whole story unfolded. Everyone here already knows so much about them! Of course Lady would want to dress up for everyone. BJ would probably want a new hat and pair of sunglasses. Lol Banjo would be greeting everyone at the door and act as the valet. Would you trust her to park your car? :flail:Oh, on second thought, Banjo would be picking everyone up in her Catillac! Or, perhaps by then she’ll be flying a hellicator! 🚁

Yes. That was supposed to say spoiler alert. Not spoker. Typo! Lol I think they look kind of yucky too. Fresh though! I wanted to cook them without anything that Smokey should not have.Personally, I don’t like shrimp. I had to handle tons of seafood growing up and don’t enjoy it now. Anything to tempt Smokey though. She was only mildly interested but Mama and a few of the others enjoyed them. Right now Smokey is really enjoying the Fancy Feast appetizers with broth or canned tuna in water so we’ll just stick with that along with her regular food. I found a new treat she really likes too. Kind of glad I don’t need to cook shrimp every day! Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Your entry way looks so inviting! Bright and cheerful! I hope the storm passed without any problems.

tabbytom tabbytom Purr tographs! Lololol They are!

strider strider roseKodiak is ready to greet everyone! She wants to be hostess to a TCS gathering!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 We share concerns about the world of cats these days. It is an ongoing battle. I agree that the choice made by the surgeon general was poorly made. Politics played into it IMHO. We must hold tight to our convictions and refuse to give in to the pressures put upon us. The hard won ground must be held and any lost ground retaken. It is a battle for life. A battle worth fighting. We join here to be counted in numbers. For any who do not understand the true love of cats, well, they just need to come here. They will not be able to leave unchanged.;)

M maggiedemi I think we are watched over now. Have you not seen how many cats got saved and found loving homes here? I just could not have accomplished that without help. Even though I started out with hope, I knew the odds were not on my favor. Over a hundred cats needing help at one time! I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just knew that the only hope was to try and keep trying. The night a feral BJ followed me home out of the swamp after I asked him to.... just plain amazing. The last colony cat. That was the light I had been looking for. Sometimes we just have to go on the hope in our hearts and the faith that if we put out the effort, something can happen that will bring our goals to where we dream they can be. If we don’t keep trying, nothing will happen. So, find your strut! Maybe Banjo hid it under the sofa? Lady says, watch her!
FAAC3F44-9FAB-4C60-9DA7-D0980D162B07.jpeg
DD68C440-A3A5-4CF9-AB9D-2CAC5E18DEF2.jpeg
159594F0-92C6-442F-A382-8E8DC77E3C24.jpeg

It is easier to laugh at things past but if you can laugh while things happen, somehow they seem less bad. Try it. You may find that laughing at a time you feel low seems to sound pretty funny and it actually causes you to really laugh! Contagious!
Was I cooking something alive? Good gracious! No! Never! Blah! Never have and never will. Those were fresh but not alive when I got them. Just trying to give Smokey the freshest food I could find for her. Something besides canned food. She needs all the help she can get these days.

Banjo has found the big outlet mall here. Uh oh! They have beautiful green areas, fountains and pools and everything a shopping cat could desire. Bargains galore! I may be in trouble now! Lol

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Smokey is getting any extra boost I can think of. We are hoping for extra time together. As long as it is quality time, it’s all good.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Life can be hard but we are given many great things to enjoy too. Rewards come later but we mustn’t miss what is put here for us too. Every rising sun is beautiful. Sunsets are glorious. We all have each other here and we have our fur babies. Cats are one of the greatest creations!
So, now we just need to have a celebration! BYOC! Lol Bring Your Own Cat! Although there will be plenty of kitties here to share. Hmmm. We need vegetarian food, a variety of cat foods, baby food for J and some of everything yummy! Froggie offered to handle the menu but I politely declined.:barfgreen: :lol:

Come one, come all!

tabbytom tabbytom No truer statement! A sleeping cat makes me want to lay down beside them.

Status
Not open for further replies.