My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
She had brought the fruit for my daughter to repay the kindness I had shown her. We became fast friends for the rest of her life and spent many days sharing plants, flowers and stories of our daughters. She, and her family became very important to me.
Awwwhhh!!! That is so sweet! We need to hear more good stories like this. It seems that all you hear in the news is negativity and craziness. We need to rebalance our outlook and see that there are still plenty of good people in this world trying to make the world a better place. Thanks for sharing.💕💕💕💕

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Banjo is smart.... but aren’t they all? ;) She made me laugh when she was enjoying sitting under the umbrella. Miss Drama cat.

M maggiedemi “It” can get established with a little care and the right environment.;)

We can get hot stuff but I have to warn you that there is always going to be a little cheese around here.:lol:

Oh yes. You could shop around here with lots of company.

A day in my life?:lol: Ummm. Have you been reading the thread? I don’t show panning for gold or shopping but much of my day is here. I do spend time outside and doing errands. I do go and attend to other cats or some other places but the bulk of my day is cat oriented. Luckily I get help from the cats with shopping. Lol There is time with the greenhouse and friends. I have shown visits to see some of my previous fosters. I think it would be boring to video of cooking, doing dishes and .... well, I have shown mop day here! Lol You’ll just have to visit to see my other hobbies.

A parasol could be very romantic. Sharing the shade on a sunny day? Yes. With the right person.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 and tabbytom tabbytom Yes! Nesting material. If you don’t have pockets, where do you carry things? Lololol Pet Love birds are known to do that with paper. Birds are so neat! Very creative!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I know a lot of stories of kindnesses given. I met a lot of very good people.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ha! I was looking up birds tearing up paper when I found that video. That sound had Muffin fascinated.

What’s that sound?
E7ADC60D-055A-4798-A7DB-283AFD575CFC.jpeg

I like that sound!
D5B8DF7E-D4FD-4ADD-953D-93EE54794A57.jpeg

It’s birds isn’t it?
244D8797-5877-4C78-AFAE-90DF52FB8FD2.jpeg

Are they here?
151B6A54-67CF-4E8B-9ECB-1E87FCFAB24A.jpeg

They sound very close!
B700FF5F-8761-4B14-AEA7-B527EF067FF8.jpeg

They are close! Where are they?
F789AC69-8399-41CA-8BD7-108D41F92919.jpeg

They aren’t up high!
C086C6D6-EECA-4E0B-89F0-A963BF5CB115.jpeg

This is exciting! You got me a bird, didn’t you?
330F722D-85BB-43F4-96DF-2D66FE9AAC47.jpeg

If I listen carefully, I will find where you hid it.
A01C7500-6149-4396-963B-80909D33D852.jpeg

You’re going to make me hunt it, aren’t you? Okay. Challenge accepted.
9A6C0F03-B4B6-4C54-8F89-EC55C6229E1E.jpeg

No. Say it isn’t so!
3DF7F179-911A-4465-A2EF-E897B4B0170B.jpeg

That is not a real bird!
1038EBBA-F67A-4532-BD30-801D3B02AE0E.jpeg

Oops.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Muffin’s reaction to the flamingo, ha! That’s how my kitties are. We have a bird aviary with 11 parakeets and the cats love it! (Of course, the birds are very safe where the cats can’t get to them 😉) even Pants, who isn’t a very playful cat, likes watching them. I like watching them too. They’re very relaxing! I can definitely understand Lady’s fascination!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one bit scary story to tell. Late last night there were people in the apartment to fix our a/c. Naturally there were workers coming in and out of the house. It was when my husband saw Bourbon flew from the living room through the door and darted like a professional runner out to the street, with my husband running after her. The last thing I heard was him shouting, "Bourbon!" I was in the bedroom at that time. I sat there in the living room afterwards, helpless and crying.

It took around two hours (almost 2am) when my husband finally appeared with Bourbon in his arms. My husband's face was that of both annoyance and relief. He said Bourbon went into a long pipe and did not come out (he was also unsure which part of the pipe she would resurface). He knew if he'd come home empty-handed it would be hell on earth between us. LOL.

This was the 2nd time that Bourbon had escaped. But I was actually very scared she wouldn't be found this time, as we are new to the place and my fear also was that she could not find her way home with the new surroundings.

I thank the Universe and all angels she is now safely back home. The feeling I had when she was gone even for just 2 hours was dreadful, and I do not wish this to anyone ever. Ever!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one bit scary story to tell. Late last night there were people in the apartment to fix our a/c. Naturally there were workers coming in and out of the house. It was when my husband saw Bourbon flew from the living room through the door and darted like a professional runner out to the street, with my husband running after her. The last thing I heard was him shouting, "Bourbon!" I was in the bedroom at that time. I sat there in the living room afterwards, helpless and crying.

It took around two hours (almost 2am) when my husband finally appeared with Bourbon in his arms. My husband's face was that of both annoyance and relief. He said Bourbon went into a long pipe and did not come out (he was also unsure which part of the pipe she would resurface). He knew if he'd come home empty-handed it would be hell on earth between us. LOL.

This was the 2nd time that Bourbon had escaped. But I was actually very scared she wouldn't be found this time, as we are new to the place and my fear also was that she could not find her way home with the new surroundings.

I thank the Universe and all angels she is now safely back home. The feeling I had when she was gone even for just 2 hours was dreadful, and I do not wish this to anyone ever. Ever!
Sorry you went through that! I’m happy that she is home safe though. 💕

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you went through that! I’m happy that she is home safe though.
Thanks. I am happiest too.
If something good came out of it, it would be that my husband has now learned his lesson finally. He said he won't forget to keep them (the cats) contained in the kitchen or bedroom first if there are other people in the house. I can almost imagine him from 12 midnight to 2 am outside waiting for Bourbon in the dark, and guessing which end of the pipe she would come out. LOL. Thinking of it now amuses me.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Banjo is smart.... but aren’t they all? ;) She made me laugh when she was enjoying sitting under the umbrella. Miss Drama cat.
I think Banjo is a hooman cat

Yes! Nesting material. If you don’t have pockets, where do you carry things? Lololol Pet Love birds are known to do that with paper. Birds are so neat! Very creative!
Yes, they do know how to choose materials for building their nest.

t took around two hours (almost 2am) when my husband finally appeared with Bourbon in his arms. My husband's face was that of both annoyance and relief.
Thank goodness your husband was alert and went after her and never give up till Bourbon is safe!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
seems that all you hear in the news is negativity and craziness. We need to rebalance our outlook
Yes, I wish I could think more positively. I guess it just takes practice? ☀

Miss Drama cat.
I never thought of The Banjo as being dramatic. I guess I haven't seen that side of her yet, or she tricked me. :think:

can get established with a little care and the right environment.
Change the environment, change the outcome. Wish environmental change wasn't so expensive though... 💰

We can get hot stuff but I have to warn you that there is always going to be a little cheese around here.
Cheese is okay as long as it's extra sharp & well aged. :thumbsup:

A day in my life?:lol: Ummm. Have you been reading the thread?
One friend sent me a video or her cooking. Another sent a video of him driving to town. I found it quite exciting. 👍

A parasol could be very romantic. Sharing the shade on a sunny day?
Now you're giving me ideas. 😲🔥

This is exciting!
I found those pics of The Muffin exciting...Wish I could snuggle her. :cloud9:

Bourbon flew from the living room through the door and darted like a professional runner out to the street
This is why I wish all homes/apartments had a second door before the great outdoors, to prevent pet escapes. 🚪🚪

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I wish I could think more positively. I guess it just takes practice? ☀
Absolutely. It Is like swimming against a rip current
that is trying to take you under. We must find better ways to navigate through it. Swimming pararell to the shore until you are no longer under it's influence is what you do if caught in a real rip tide, filtering what gets to your ears or counteracting negativity with positivity is how you deal with a current of negativity . We all have our struggles with it.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am so glad that your hubby finally caught little Bourbon. Looks like you got a feline Harry Houdini on your hands. I hope she has no opportunity to escape again and that your hubby takes extra measures to ensure it doesn't.

Jcatbird Jcatbird Hope you are having a good day. Thank you for sharing these stories. They are very uplifting.🙂

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, still none of "my" guys...although Topper is a regular. Maybe a little TOO regular. Last night, right as I was getting up to head to bed, in came Suzanne. She stood in the open doorway, talking and talking, and I kept telling her to come in and close the door. She did not...and Topper pranced in like he owned the place! He made a beeline for the kitchen, with me in warm pursuit (I cannot yet manage "hot" pursuit), and the Devine Miss H came out of the dining room blown up like a bottle brush and hissing like a dragon in heat. I grabbed Topper and headed for the door, where Suzanne was still standing, squawking, "I'm SORRY! I'm SORRY!" I pushed her into the apartment, tossed Topper out the door with profuse apologies (poor little orphan), and closed the door. Hek calmed down with some assistance from a treat or six. Took Suzanne a bit longer. We discussed why we cannot just stand in the doorway after dark.

Tonight, 3 of the really wild ferals were waiting for me though, so the word is spreading. Scamper and Splish will get the message eventually.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I wish all homes/apartments had a second door before the great outdoors, to prevent pet escapes.
Yes I agree. I do wish too.

I am so glad that your hubby finally caught little Bourbon. Looks like you got a feline Harry Houdini on your hands. I hope she has no opportunity to escape again and that your hubby takes extra measures to ensure it doesn't.
Our agreement is when she escapes and its his fault, he should not come back home without her. :lol:

Good morning to you all from my part of the world. Happy Monday! Stay safe peeps.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Am Aviary? Wow! These kitties would be fascinated. They love watching birds. We have a buzzard that comes to visit and they think she’s neat. I think she likes them too because she looks in the door at them. Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Oh my! That must have been awful! I am always nervous when people come in here. It only takes a second. I am so relieved that Bourbon came out so your husband could get her. Tears of joy! That was a very happy ending!

strider rose strider rose So! Banjo is the voice on the other end of those messages! Lol That’s how she is earning her spending money lately. Lol

tabbytom tabbytom I think you could be right! Banjo is more human than many humans I know! She certainly can outsmart her own hooman!

M maggiedemi The cheese that comes from me may not be so sharp but is definitely well aged.:lol:

Oh yes. Banjo has a flair for the dramatic. Remember when she caught the scent of Precious bum and pretended to faint? She loves to go on cat chases. Maybe she is as adventurous as dramatic. Lol

I bought the supplies to build sort of an exterior foyer here. I have a storm door outside the front door but that’s still not totally secure.

Muffin says she would love to snuggle you!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Eell, how about another positive story about humans?
As you know, I sold orchids downtown. I worked at a busy corner where I could see all the traffic pass by. One morning I had cut some orchid flowers that were on plants I did not intend to sell. They were fairly rare plants but I wanted to share the flowers rather than let them just wither, unseen, in the greenhouse. I did that regularly. I made a nice bouquet with them and some greenery and went to work. As the morning progressed I watched for someone who looked like a good choice to give the flowers to. Someone who might need a smile or just looked like someone who would enjoy them. I especially enjoyed being able to give surprise bouquets. Then I saw a limousine pulling up to the stop sign. A beautiful bride was in the back. She looked so very nervous as she sat there alone. I caught the eye of the driver and I held up the bouquet and indicated I would like to give it to the bride. He nodded his approval. I approached the car and held the flowers up to her window. After a moment she responded with a big smile. She rolled down her window and accepted the flowers with thanks and more smiling. I turned and left and they drive off. End of story. Not quite! The next weekend, the limo pulled up to my corner again and stopped. The driver got out and came to find me. I recognized his young face. He held out his hand and introduced himself. How nice! As it turned out, he explained that I had shown up on his very first day on his new job. The bride thought that he had arranged for me to just appear with a bouquet of orchids and she praised him to his new boss. He got a small bonus on his first day and a good start with his new boss. The bride was ecstatic and included the orchids with her wedding bouquet. The driver just stopped to thank me. It made my day. I was so surprised that such a simple thing had brought us all so much pleasure. A few flowers shared have us all a warm and happy feeling. I was so grateful to the driver for taking the time to tell me the story. He could easily have just accepted the credit and gone about his job but he was a kind and compassionate young man. He shared the joy. I have never forgotten him or that beautiful bride. Sometimes the littlest thing can make a difference in a moment, a day or a life. It’s a very good memory for me. I continued that practice for the entire time I sold orchids.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Oh dear! Poor Topper and that could have gone much worse. I am glad you were able to do that warm pursuit! I hope Topper May find a home somewhere. He deserves to get the love he should be getting! At least he knows you love him, even if he can’t be inside. Having him hang around may help bring attention to the fact that you are there to the ferals. They just need a sign post! Hooman is home! There is a cat grapevine! Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Good morning to you too! I am very glad to hear that your husband isn’t having to sleep outside tonight. That was very considerate of Bourbon to help him get back in.;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to spend some time playing in the girls room. Once again, it looks like Wanda Heart has been feeding her Unicorn! :lol: She loves that Univorn. :redheartpump:🦄

AF4E7C1A-4121-4913-8BEF-65C07BAAAF0C.jpeg

Prints was a little insistent that I give him attention tonight.
81AEF5AF-A575-4182-B55E-ED9448550F5C.jpeg

Awww. Poor Prints needs a pet?
97DD42D8-7D1E-49F7-9421-79E9BFE94455.jpeg

Heh! That’s an invitation for some affection.
B42C8135-F08F-49B7-B558-2CF2E4F4CBBF.jpeg

Oh! We want to play a game!
75F08291-F6DC-40D0-ABCF-8CED9E20B355.jpeg

Okay.
F69ED934-E4BE-4239-BD91-E0CAB54A2971.jpeg

I hit the ball on one side and you get it when it comes around.
E4A7405C-5929-453A-8294-BE4052591CAA.jpeg

Or..... I can just send the balls spinning around for you to watch. Lol
FC9E5E3B-4E26-4F69-A6E8-6F6BEDDE5967.jpeg

That works? Lol
506D5C8A-1168-4D49-B7F7-8D1CFB890B40.jpeg

Ah, finally tempted to join the game.
0D9B8FE4-D086-4884-87FB-521E9BEF8DAD.jpeg

Okay Prints. You play and I’ll give attention to some of the other kitties.
56EA97F9-E91F-4464-97F4-0D13FC0427E0.jpeg

Or, maybe I’ll just stay right here? Lololol
433C50A2-C663-40EC-966D-3E3214CC2B70.jpeg

Are you going to keep my foot?
B9B3A703-586B-4AC9-B2FE-1C32F39B828A.jpeg

Yes!
2A716451-8788-44BA-BB1E-299FCC221A96.jpeg

The other kitties want to play too.
73BFA2B4-7069-4EE2-9DE0-6164007A9FA8.jpeg

Can you share?
9F33C35B-00BD-4E4F-8C43-0045C3A8A828.jpeg

I’ll help you get away but my Unicorn needs treats!
CCA2538B-B7E3-428D-909C-172259345700.jpeg

My turn! Treats would be appropriate for us older girls. Or the brush?
63DED5FD-19DA-4889-9A27-945813587D5B.jpeg

After getting everyone content in that room I came out to meet a glaring stink eye.

So.......I have been very patient since last night but, I am still waiting for you to give me a bird!
6687126F-CE47-4144-BDB1-35F09BF285C0.jpeg

😬

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As the morning progressed I watched for someone who looked like a good choice to give the flowers to. Someone who might need a smile or just looked like someone who would enjoy them. I especially enjoyed being able to give surprise bouquets. Then I saw a limousine pulling up to the stop sign. A beautiful bride was in the back. She looked so very nervous as she sat there alone. I caught the eye of the driver and I held up the bouquet and indicated I would like to give it to the bride. He nodded his approval. I approached the car and held the flowers up to her window. After a moment she responded with a big smile. She rolled down her window and accepted the flowers with thanks and more smiling. I turned and left and they drive off. End of story. Not quite! The next weekend, the limo pulled up to my corner again and stopped. The driver got out and came to find me. I recognized his young face. He held out his hand and introduced himself. How nice! As it turned out, he explained that I had shown up on his very first day on his new job. The bride thought that he had arranged for me to just appear with a bouquet of orchids and she praised him to his new boss. He got a small bonus on his first day and a good start with his new boss. The bride was ecstatic and included the orchids with her wedding bouquet. The driver just stopped to thank me. It made my day. I was so surprised that such a simple thing had brought us all so much pleasure.
Bless your kind heart :hugs: You are an inspiration to many with your act of unselfish spirit, a person that looks on the bright side, stopping to help many, not only hoomans but also cats.

I hope that I can meet you personally but I don't think it's possible but getting to know you on this site is second to none. Friends like you are hard to come by and I'm glad to have a friend in you and also friends with the the kitties at Chez Catbird.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That is the nicest compliment! Well, once again I would like to look on the bright side. I would love it if we could meet in person. That would be such a delight! It’s never impossible. I can just imagine taking a nice stroll down to the Gardens with you and meeting January! Or, introducing you to the Clowder! Lol That would be so much fun! For now, I am so very grateful that I came here and met you. You have a beautiful heart and are filled with compassion. The way you worried about Thrasher touched my heart. A true friend. You definitely have a devoted friend for life here and in the Clowder.
We are very fortunate that this thread has become filled with wonderful people. I consider it a great blessing. TCS is family. Perhaps one day we could have a TCS gathering! That would be grand!
Personally, I will never give up on the possibility that we could meet but will treasure the time we have here. It is a precious gift. :hugs:

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Prints has the sweetest personality. I don’t know where he originated but I can’t imagine anyone letting go of such a totally loving baby like him! He has never once put out a claw, even in play. Gentle kitty soul.

Love you all!:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.