My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This post is for all of you who have ferals that you are feeding and keeping watch over, and/or adopted or rehomed. :petcat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird said it best, just over 3 years ago, in her very first post in this thread, when she wrote "If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero!" No way I can say it any better, so I'll simply say "thank you". :redheartpump:

View attachment 379578
So beautiful. I'm posting it on Instagram for Todd and all the other saviors. Thank for sharing.🥰💝😺😽

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"...All you can do is to advocate for the cats as you have been doing. Have you appealed to any pet food companies? Some will help and I can give you some info on that if needed. People often mirror themselves when they criticize others. Getting cats out sounds like the best thing for the kitties. " That's right, Jcatbird Jcatbird and the mirroring concept is one I often use when trying to persuade people to change their thinking.
The priority, and the only important thing, is the wellbeing and safety of the cats. Free-roaming cats do not "belong" to anyone and no matter what they say, they have absolutely no authority over them. The important thing is to get them TNRd and checkups/innoculations and advocate for them to find safe haven in loving homes. It's what the community wants. It's what the cats need.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom It was a case of hiding in plain sight. That usually is the case around here too. If only the jingles jingled! Lol Much easier to find that way. :lol:

BellaGooch BellaGooch There is no better feeling than making progress with the trust of a kitty. It makes our hearts happy. Kitten steps lead to love.

N NY cat man I hope that baby does have a home and that he just slipped out for a minute. Maybe that extra baggage he is carrying will get put away later.;) He is such a little sweetheart.

rubysmama rubysmama That is Purrfect. On the days and nights when it seems to be too hard, I always remember how things at other times worked out as long as I stuck with it. Walking away? Definitely not an option. Every life counts and for every person here who gets tired or struggles, know that nothing stays the same. As long as we keep moving forward, no matter how small the steps, we do get where we are going. None of us are doing it alone. It may feel that way sometimes but we are a part of something much larger. What we do does make a difference. Each cog in the wheel causes it to keep turning. Forward. I will fight for those I love and those who love who I love. Everyone here is important. In a hundred years the vibrations we leave behind will still move over the earth as a never ending wave of hope and love that can touch those who come later. Never give up. Never stop.
:vibes:🌊:redheartpump:
Thank you for posting that. No better mark could be l
@Whenallhellbreakslose:grouphug2:You are a part of the wheel. Those around you who do not help are just a bump in the path. Roll on.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Glad you sent that on to Todd. I know that he, like all of us, can use the inspiration.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mirroring is exactly what people do. You are so right in everything you said. If someone lays across the path I feel I must take, I just step over.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am posting early today in order to get some other things accomplished. I also need rest tonight. So.... early smiles! :)
The mischief around here never stops even if I don’t catch it on camera. Lol I had some help catching this.

Avoiding my gaze Tortie? Hmmm.
8DCFCDFF-E362-4ABE-AEFF-8618F42EC494.jpeg

What’s up Wanda Heart?

72508886-B11B-41BA-A034-E1667FCD1D82.jpeg

You would ask me that!
EFA84EBB-3809-4A1B-8DBE-AE7B180B300B.jpeg

Let me just suggest you investigate.
7E7B647A-E90D-4F37-A54E-46F2AD93A531.jpeg

Prints! The phone is unplugged and the toilet paper is shredded.
4DAB46DA-749E-46CE-B199-8876D35DBF51.jpeg

I get that you were playing with the toilet paper but why unplug the phone?!
314A74FA-BC64-4AA5-99EB-DAE9C345C057.jpeg

I didn’t want anyone to call you and tell you what I was doing! You know how Banjo is!
A81C2F25-4691-4192-9735-20B4902E6877.jpeg

Lol Makes sense to me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom It was a case of hiding in plain sight. That usually is the case around here too. If only the jingles jingled! Lol Much easier to find that way. :lol:

BellaGooch BellaGooch There is no better feeling than making progress with the trust of a kitty. It makes our hearts happy. Kitten steps lead to love.

N NY cat man I hope that baby does have a home and that he just slipped out for a minute. Maybe that extra baggage he is carrying will get put away later.;) He is such a little sweetheart.

rubysmama rubysmama That is Purrfect. On the days and nights when it seems to be too hard, I always remember how things at other times worked out as long as I stuck with it. Walking away? Definitely not an option. Every life counts and for every person here who gets tired or struggles, know that nothing stays the same. As long as we keep moving forward, no matter how small the steps, we do get where we are going. None of us are doing it alone. It may feel that way sometimes but we are a part of something much larger. What we do does make a difference. Each cog in the wheel causes it to keep turning. Forward. I will fight for those I love and those who love who I love. Everyone here is important. In a hundred years the vibrations we leave behind will still move over the earth as a never ending wave of hope and love that can touch those who come later. Never give up. Never stop.
:vibes:🌊:redheartpump:
Thank you for posting that. No better mark could be l
@Whenallhellbreakslose:grouphug2:You are a part of the wheel. Those around you who do not help are just a bump in the path. Roll on.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Glad you sent that on to Todd. I know that he, like all of us, can use the inspiration.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mirroring is exactly what people do. You are so right in everything you said. If someone lays across the path I feel I must take, I just step over.
Strong, wise, absolutely correct thoughts and words of inspiration, strength, encouragement and spirit! So eloquently put. Every day is a challenge and life, as my beloved mom who endured so much, said, does not get easier. We're told we won't get too much to bear. Many days, I think that's a challenge and wonder if I can rise to it. *Still here.* and all of us here are, too. "Roll on." YES.:yess:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got confirmation that our newcomer belongs to the people moving into the formerly empty house, as people are coming and going, and the cat is on the steps watching them. I just wish that they would keep him indoors. It's a dangerous world out there.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps I should put this in the "Positive Thread" but I was pleasantly surprised this evening when stopping at the end of the supermarket car park to feed the senior ferals there. Normally no-one bothers parking so far away from the supermarket entrance but a (posh) car was parked right in front of the gap between the trees which is the "entrance" to the cats' territory. While I was getting my box of catfood, birdfood, hot water, cold water, bin bags etc, out of the car, a woman appeared and thanked me for feeding the cats. We discussed cats, dogs, and animals in general and she gave me some money for cat food! I felt guilty taking it but why not? We pay for the food ourselves so I will give the money to the animal charity which will no doubt help us should we need to trap the cats again for any reason.

No sooner had she driven away, a mother and daughter walked up to me and asked if they could donate cat food. Of course, I said yes. They could leave it next to the cat houses. We visit the cats twice a day so it will be discovered pretty quickly. Any food we can't use we distribute to cat owners on social benefits, most of whom are very grateful. So this week, I found a box of cat food next to one of the cat houses, received a cash donation and an offer of more cat food.

OK - it's nothing to write home about but It's good to know that one's efforts are appreciated. I hope that all of you caring for ferals receive some small positive reaction as thanks for your efforts.

:thanks:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is more to that story but I am hoping that this will be the last time that dog comes over here.
Oh, I need to hear the rest of this doggone story, cause I'm nosy like that. 🐕

no worries. BJ made that face over a burp!
Yikes! His burps are ridiculous. :lol:

Kittypoo!
Who does this lovely Kittypoo belong to?! Is she a dilute Calico? 😍

If only the jingles jingled! Lol Much easier to find that way.
You guys are too much with your naughty talk! Now I have jingle jangles on my brain. 😲🤭

As long as we keep moving forward, no matter how small the steps, we do get where we are going.
I'll have to trust you on this one. Not sure if I'm convinced, but I'll try to keep strutting. 🚶‍♀️

I will fight for those I love and those who love who I love.
I believe it. I've seen you pray for my friends that you don't even know, simply because they love me or I love them. 😉

Prints! The phone is unplugged and the toilet paper is shredded.
I don't believe it for one second! Look at that innocent face. My sweet Prints was framed!...#1 suspect Banjo. :bicolorcat:

We're told we won't get too much to bear. Many days, I think that's a challenge and wonder if I can rise to it. *Still here.* and all of us here are, too. "Roll on."
I love little catchphrases like that!.... "Roll on."... I can whisper that to myself on my walks. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps I should put this in the "Positive Thread" but I was pleasantly surprised this evening when stopping at the end of the supermarket car park to feed the senior ferals there. Normally no-one bothers parking so far away from the supermarket entrance but a (posh) car was parked right in front of the gap between the trees which is the "entrance" to the cats' territory. While I was getting my box of catfood, birdfood, hot water, cold water, bin bags etc, out of the car, a woman appeared and thanked me for feeding the cats. We discussed cats, dogs, and animals in general and she gave me some money for cat food! I felt guilty taking it but why not? We pay for the food ourselves so I will give the money to the animal charity which will no doubt help us should we need to trap the cats again for any reason.

No sooner had she driven away, a mother and daughter walked up to me and asked if they could donate cat food. Of course, I said yes. They could leave it next to the cat houses. We visit the cats twice a day so it will be discovered pretty quickly. Any food we can't use we distribute to cat owners on social benefits, most of whom are very grateful. So this week, I found a box of cat food next to one of the cat houses, received a cash donation and an offer of more cat food.

OK - it's nothing to write home about but It's good to know that one's efforts are appreciated. I hope that all of you caring for ferals receive some small positive reaction as thanks for your efforts.

:thanks:
"...nothing to write home about"??? For me, it's three MAJOR good things! If everyone in every community would step up to the plate and do their bit like this -- what they can do, small, medium or large according to their abilities -- we'd have this matter in hand! *PRAYERS* for those good, good people to multiply (no, not more babies -- we sure don't need those! but more good people helping out!) :yess: :goldstar::cheerleader::clap::clap2:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there! I know a little of dealing with a hoarder. They tend to know they are in over their abilities but cannot let go. I am so sorry they are trying to turn it on you.
Thanks Jcatbird Jcatbird I say it all the time, we all have to know our limits. For me, I am at the end of my rope. My deepest respect for those who help as many cats as they can. I don't put a number to what makes a person a hoarder because their are people who CAN handle owning, fostering and feeding lots of cats. You are one of them. I have known a few others who have lots of cats, and takes very good care of everyone of them. The cats on my block do look well fed and healthy, but the fact that new ones keep coming my way with no end in sight, worries me. I am afraid I will have more and more cats dumped on me. As you said, hoarders have mental illness. I told this lady before our falling out that the neighbors are not happy with all the cats on the block, but she just doesn't give a darn. When I tried to look for help to get some of the cats off the streets, she told me That I am crazy and that those cats should be left on the street. Those cats are on the friendly side and could possibly be adopted. Why would anyone deny them a chance at having a furever home if they are friendly? Does she really care about their welfare? If i do end up getting these cats off the streets, she may come after me for doing this. So in her eyes it's okay to dump cats on me, but I shouldn't dare find them homes. That's crazy!

Thanks, I do use store and manufacturers coupons. I got $10 off of my last shopping trip at the pet store. Where I shop I pay 58 cents per can of Friskies. I am always looking for deals. Thanks for offering help. I wish I lived in an area where you can really bargain shop. I used to watch the show and some of these people used so many coupons that they ended up get a store credit or owning nothing on a large shopping order. :eek2::noway: Wow, that is a skill right there.

Hope all is well at Chez Catbird. Still praying for Thrasher. Come home Thrasher--come home!❤❤

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
This post is for all of you who have ferals that you are feeding and keeping watch over, and/or adopted or rehomed. :petcat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird said it best, just over 3 years ago, in her very first post in this thread, when she wrote "If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero!" No way I can say it any better, so I'll simply say "thank you". :redheartpump:

View attachment 379578
Thank you rubysmama rubysmama I needed to hear that. Bless you. 💕💕💕💕

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
"...All you can do is to advocate for the cats as you have been doing. Have you appealed to any pet food companies? Some will help and I can give you some info on that if needed. People often mirror themselves when they criticize others. Getting cats out sounds like the best thing for the kitties. " That's right, Jcatbird Jcatbird and the mirroring concept is one I often use when trying to persuade people to change their thinking.
The priority, and the only important thing, is the wellbeing and safety of the cats. Free-roaming cats do not "belong" to anyone and no matter what they say, they have absolutely no authority over them. The important thing is to get them TNRd and checkups/innoculations and advocate for them to find safe haven in loving homes. It's what the community wants. It's what the cats need.
I really think it is best for the friendlies that I feed to be taken off the streets. I want so desperately to see them in a home. I have taken semi ferals off the streets. These guys are needy, sweet and loving. They always cry for food like babies. I can pet them a little as they do come near me. They deserve better than being on the streets. I also have one in the back I can pet, hold and even rub his belly. If I could take him or any of the other friendlies in, I would without hesitation.🥰

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think it is best for the friendlies that I feed to be taken off the streets. I want so desperately to see them in a home. I have taken semi ferals off the streets. These guys are needy, sweet and loving. They always cry for food like babies. I can pet them a little as they do come near me. They deserve better than being on the streets. I also have one in the back I can pet, hold and even rub his belly. If I could take him or any of the other friendlies in, I would without hesitation.🥰
Me, too. When I was with my ex we TNRd and adopted, and worked with adoption people to get several little kittens adopted. I can't do that here, and with Suha, 16, being born feral and only bonded to me, and Elvis, 13, being very territorial and not loved by Suha, I can't adopt. I don't know people here in town except for my roomies. So I have no options here. It tears me up knowing there are so many wonderful cats in need. All of the advocacy orgs and individuals were doing so well on TNR before the idiot Surgeon General decreed spay/neuter to be "elective" and so many clinics closed down. I blame the SG for so many sweet lives lost and in desperation. These groups and individuals are still doing amazing work -- you are among them! -- but this has been a huge setback. I pray that as things get back to "normal" for more people, things will also improve for us and for the cats we love. Besides what all of us are already doing, all we can do is hold on and do not give up.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too. When I was with my ex we TNRd and adopted, and worked with adoption people to get several little kittens adopted. I can't do that here, and with Suha, 16, being born feral and only bonded to me, and Elvis, 13, being very territorial and not loved by Suha, I can't adopt. I don't know people here in town except for my roomies. So I have no options here. It tears me up knowing there are so many wonderful cats in need. All of the advocacy orgs and individuals were doing so well on TNR before the idiot Surgeon General decreed spay/neuter to be "elective" and so many clinics closed down. I blame the SG for so many sweet lives lost and in desperation. These groups and individuals are still doing amazing work -- you are among them! -- but this has been a huge setback. I pray that as things get back to "normal" for more people, things will also improve for us and for the cats we love. Besides what all of us are already doing, all we can do is hold on and do not give up.
I pray we get back to normal and the kitties are being tnred and rescued again. There really has been a huge setback. So much work needs to be done. We all do our part to make there world a much better place for the 😺😸😺. 💕💕💕💕💕

Status
Not open for further replies.