My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Agreed! Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 had a great Dad!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Oh by gosh by Gollum! Most preciousest little one! That face melted my heart. Tell Gollum that a monkey would wish to be so cute! Did you snuggle Gollum right after the photo?

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you. I am trying every trick I know and it’s bringing in every cat in the neighborhood. Besides Thrasher, I know of five cats around here. Three have visited tonight. There was yelling across the road and all cats came to my porch or the cat room, except for my neighbors eldest and Thrasher. I did hear noises in the greenhouse but saw nothing. I stare at four cameras when all is quiet at night. I get things on all four. Can I be cloned into quadruplets? lol
As for the slipper incident.... I think it was Lady. She usually puts hair balls in her food dish or a napkin. She hates to be messy. She tells me that it was her mistake. She thought slippers are supposed to be slippery. Or slipfurry? It did help me to be wide awake. Nothing like a cold squish to open the eyes. Who needs coffee when you have a cat? :lol:

Morning hairball dance!

pearl99 pearl99 So sorry the tree broke! That’s a lot of snow! Here they say that April Showers bring May Flowers. Your just comes in white. Lol Defrost will bring more flowers.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I did know about the mummy cats. The Egyptians had very strong beliefs. Many mummy cats have been found in tombs.
The owls can be lethal to small animals. I have seen hawks take fairly large creatures. I love the birds but I want them to move over for now. I have not heard them or seen their scat since I started the lights in the sky. There are better feeding grounds for them nearer the river so I hope they went that way.
I put all creatures back with nature if I can. A bird or bug, I respect them all.
Katie Purry! :lol: I would really like to sniff the cat head and kitten perfumes. Interesting idea. I wonder what a cat would think about them?!?!?

The Blue Hawk tarps got my attention too. Perhaps the blue side will scare off hawks and owls while the silver side is for cat treasures? Silver side down! The tarps are being used. I caught a little squirrel using the safe runway several times today! Smart squirrel!
Of course, bedroom slippers work for other cat treasures. It’s a reality here. :lol:

Rani was so beautiful! Quite a tail!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Definitely time for that smile! Thank you to you and Gypsy! :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pawpurr was home alone tonight so I went to visit and keep her company for awhile. Poor sweet one is not used to being home alone over night. She let me know too!

When you are a cat alone, you protect your food and save some for later. You also put important things in a safe place. Under the refrigerator. lol
65FDCC1E-CD5C-4727-90BC-FD3C500AD4A2.jpeg

Awww. It’s okay Pawpurr.
A998D6D8-28CC-4BF0-9BDB-04C032778865.jpeg

I’m here to give you fresh food and keep you company for awhile.
FBB3E5BF-8E65-40EC-B12A-D147D6D5F99B.jpeg

I see you used a knee pad while you hid your stuff! Lol
EB17A3EC-305A-4CBC-8735-36B1659738E4.jpeg

Actually, I used the pad so I can pull my dish back out as needed.
78FCBE14-0C1E-43C3-AB3B-0FF6DA8E4014.jpeg

I’m a smart cat!
37720A1C-72CD-4439-9461-F020EB5F3EB2.jpeg

Yes you are! Lol
070366DE-AF78-4D4D-8058-148865F57409.jpeg

How about a neck rub and your favorite food?
614DECDC-BDC7-4827-97AC-EC6558DC690D.jpeg

I see you don’t like to eat alone. Very kind of you to share with your mouse!
67B987D9-635C-4D24-8E6A-1287A821EFEE.jpeg

Eating with a friend. Lol
963FF44F-1677-46B0-85AF-F4822E146B92.jpeg

Cats are so good about sharing with their furmily!
4D16F727-1A7F-4CD0-B6D6-C9AB32F0C20F.jpeg

Now some play time? Okay.
DF3EF37D-F068-43BF-8DD0-49662B0FC8E3.jpeg

We’ll play before it’s time for me to leave.
93B9B671-96EF-4827-BDBD-9266597506F9.jpeg

Leave? You are going to leave me?
54A754F0-0C14-47F5-BE63-CCF7F628107B.jpeg

No, stay!! I’ll share my food and you can just curl up on the blanket with me for the night!
Alright Pawpurr! I’ll stay awhile.
9D976B9E-AEED-4B80-809F-257420F24D21.jpeg

That look works well on humans! Lolololol Now snuggle me!
FF23EF1D-36C4-439B-9147-D80EF65635A2.jpeg

It did work! I stayed until she fell asleep. :lol:
Now it’s time for Hoomans to sleep! Goodnight everyone!:heartshape:

Attachments

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
As for the slipper incident.... I think it was Lady. She usually puts hair balls in her food dish or a napkin. She hates to be messy. She tells me that it was her mistake.
Now that is a polite kitty. In the past a few times Waffles has barfed in the litter box. Thankyou, Waffles.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pawpurr was home alone tonight so I went to visit and keep her company for awhile.
That was sweet of you to keep Pawpurr company. Hope everything is ok with her Dad. :petcat:

Yeah, I'm just happy when it's on a wood floor and not the carpet!
Most of my house is hardwood, but the basement is carpet, and has seen several "accidents". One night, though, Ruby threw up on my bed. It was summertime, so fortunately it only got on sheets, but still it stunk! I had to get up, strip the bed, clean the sheets as well as I could, then put new ones on the bed. Then first thing in the morning, run the washer. Not fun, but I guess better than throwing up on me. Or even in my slipper. :lol:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to get up, strip the bed, clean the sheets as well as I could, then put new ones on the bed.
Oh I can relate. Gracie mostly stays on my bed, her current favorite place to be, and she usually says "wowowowow" loudly for about 10 seconds before throwing up, so I can sometimes get her to the floor in time. But sometimes it's in the middle of the night, on my bed.
Rude awakening. Then she poops accidentally at the same time due to the stomach contractions. :lol: :petcat:
Well she's old.
It doesn't happen often thankfully!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there have been times when I wasn't sure I'd make it to the bathroom to puke, too -- food poisoning seems to be a fairly frequent thing now. :barfgreen: So I can't blame Baby Su or Elvis! though I try to shoo them off the bed if I hear the pukey song starting. *So grateful for Nature's Miracle!*
Awww, Pawpurr is so lovely and yes, it's so nice to eat with a friend, though I'm not quite sure about the friend sitting IN the dishes...:shocked:
*PRAYERS* continuing for Thrasher to return safe and sound and SOON!!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy rarely urps just occasionly when she eats too fast. She is fed on the top shelf of her computer desk, about shoulder high to me. If we hear her getting ready to hurl (pukey song I like that) we grab a bowl for her to puke in or if no time to grab anything I hold my cupped hands out and she throws up into them. Since its immediately after she's eaten it looks the same as it did in the bowl just warmer. Fur dad uses a bowl, he's done the hands only once.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy rarely urps just occasionly when she eats too fast. She is fed on the top shelf of her computer desk, about shoulder high to me. If we hear her getting ready to hurl (pukey song I like that) we grab a bowl for her to puke in or if no time to grab anything I hold my cupped hands out and she throws up into them. Since its immediately after she's eaten it looks the same as it did in the bowl just warmer. Fur dad uses a bowl, he's done the hands only once.
Yeah, it's fairly normal for cats to eat fast and regurgitate. Some have better luck using raised dishes. I haven't. Since Baby Su is 16 and Elvis is 13, I think it's probably more likely than it would be in really young cats.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 It is considerate of the kitties to get rid of things in the litter box. I always purraise these habits. Thank you Waffles! Poor Gracie!

Lari Lari If I see a cat acting like they might throw up, I run with something! Lol Mackie is very good about it but Lady is the best one. I suspect the bed room slipper was just the closest thing.

rubysmama rubysmama Pawpurr enjoyed having company. Her hooman was not feeling well and spent the night with his son. He is back today. It was his BP.
Throwing up on the sheets? Ewww! Very glad you woke up instead of “finding” it in your sleep. I got rid of all my carpet. If I can’t wash it, I don’t have it. Crucial around here! Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The Hairball song! It’s a form of cat alert system. Lol
Pawpurr is so sweet. She has the biggest round eyes too! The mouse that shared her supper is the first friend she got here so I guess mouse is special. Wanda Heart does that with her first Unicorn toy. Kitties. Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Ummmm, I think I would opt for a bowl too. Although hands work for catching things. Whatever the cats accept is what works. Lol Gypsy is so good to do that. Pretty amazing.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of hair balls... lol. Smokey is me smile of the day. I always love it when she climbs in my lap for snuggles and she gives me her derpy younger look. I can never get enough of that.
Smokey. Can you show everyone your sweet derpy face?
5CC28592-03B0-4879-8A67-955587562DC2.jpeg

Sweet yes. What is derpy?
B2367E46-8324-4024-84D9-DE326E465B06.jpeg

Never mind, just snuggle me.
542E98E6-4D7F-4128-89B1-0D20D940BBD3.jpeg

That feels so good it made my tail....
B7FBAF4A-5387-40C2-98D2-CD4B6750D257.jpeg

Happy!
3A6F478E-6AAA-4F4F-A364-9DF8FE7C3F9B.jpeg

It makes my little pink tongue come out too.
B684A6AB-05B5-4898-8F34-C2EF09D755C9.jpeg

It’s nearly time for me to start staring at cameras. I have opened a window that is near where Thrasher traveled when she left. I have a camera and chicken waiting there with hope.
Ha! Timing is right but wrong cat. If there is such a thing as a wrong cat. Black cat eating in the cat room. Just a snack sized amount though. Leaving and I must too. Supper and a camera to watch!:redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of hair balls... lol. Smokey is me smile of the day. I always love it when she climbs in my lap for snuggles and she gives me her derpy younger look. I can never get enough of that.
Smokey. Can you show everyone your sweet derpy face?
View attachment 377068
Sweet yes. What is derpy?
View attachment 377069
Never mind, just snuggle me.
View attachment 377070
That feels so good it made my tail....
View attachment 377071
Happy!
View attachment 377072
It makes my little pink tongue come out too.
View attachment 377073
It’s nearly time for me to start staring at cameras. I have opened a window that is near where Thrasher traveled when she left. I have a camera and chicken waiting there with hope.
Ha! Timing is right but wrong cat. If there is such a thing as a wrong cat. Black cat eating in the cat room. Just a snack sized amount though. Leaving and I must too. Supper and a camera to watch!:redheartpump:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, sweet Smokey! A derpy look and a little tongue-out? All in one post? It's enough to make Monday brighter!
BCDK (Black Cat, Don't Know, of course!) was very considerate to just eat a snack-sized amount :redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::thanks::goldstar:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That is so funny but I will not show Banjo. She would be very vocal about Frog abuse. Lol It looks like that cat doesn’t give a flying frog about royalty.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Smokey has always done that little derpy face and always made me laugh. She is the snuggliest of kitties. I can never resist. :redheartpump: I am pretty sure she knows that too.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Gray days are good if they are Smokey cat days! She is the Floof lining to every cloud.
That black cat is gorgeous but I think he must have a home. He looks very glossy and healthy. He comes for visits but I have seen him at two other houses so I think he makes the rounds. IDK but I will be watching out for that kitty.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Todd really has had his hands full. I’m glad the kitties are trusting him. The T-shirts made me think of him with that silhouette. I hope the latest kitty is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.